UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Contaminated UGL

3K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  AncientOldBloke 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any knowledge on the possibility of a virus/disease that could be transported in a contaminated UGL bottle if test? Apologies if this is a rediculous question to ask but I'm clueless. Cheers

#5 ·
Use a well known reputatable lab with good results posted, used by other people you know or lots of people you know of, sourced from someone you know or a well known source, verified.
I cannot see this being the case. I really cannot.
The BB community is not dropping like flies from disease and even infections seem rare, especially as some protocols I've seen are so poor.
Its not as safe as going to a doctor.
But .... it I do believe its gtg as we say. If these rules are followed.

#7 ·
Bacteria could be present yes, even when filtered. The filters used will filter the majority of particles that fall above the size of filter used (0.45 or 0.22 micron for example). But there are some bacteria that can pass this.

This is not taking into account the possibility that the oil was not filtered.

The solvents will not necessarily destroy the bacteria if present.

Heating will destroy bacteria.

The risk is; were the vials sterile prior to filling and filtered appropriately? Was the solution heated accordingly once dispensed?

You can of course contaminate the solution yourself.

#44 ·
Bacteria could be present yes, even when filtered. The filters used will filter the majority of particles that fall above the size of filter used (0.45 or 0.22 micron for example). But there are some bacteria that can pass this.

This is not taking into account the possibility that the oil was not filtered.

The solvents will not necessarily destroy the bacteria if present.

Heating will destroy bacteria.

The risk is; were the vials sterile prior to filling and filtered appropriately? Was the solution heated accordingly once dispensed?

You can of course contaminate the solution yourself.
Bear in mind, that most vials will contain a small amount of bacteria. There is a small amount which is acceptable.

That's why they include a 2% antibacterial agent (benzyl alcohol I believe).

Also, bacteria have a very hard time growing in oils. Infection risk from water-based injectables (e.g. test susp, tren susp) is much higher.

#10 ·
I'll put myself out on a limb and suggest that ChemClarity seems to have an agenda. And its not just testing your gear. But giving a commentary over view. A moral standpoint. From being just a paid for testing company or risk mitigation or harm prevention stand point, the preaching makes no sense at all.

#40 ·
@ChemClarity Dont misunderstand me though i love what you people are doing provided it is all accurate because IMO the UGL's need a good kick up the arse the inconsistency of dose's on batches and just underdosing them all together is a joke so the more lab testing facilitys that pop up to test gear in theory the ugls should start upping the dose on there products so they arent exposed for the s**t c*nts they are. I just like to know that everything is accurate thats all, i think any company thats new in this game is going to get a bit of criticism until they can prove them self to be trustworthy.

#42 ·
I agree with your point not all ugl are cu**s though some are just brewers making extra cash from an easy opportunity, as for chemclarity I can't see how they are untrustworthy they do not give out info nor ask for details on what lab etc so it's impossible to be biased or swayed it's purely between the lab and the customer they do not publish results , it's open to scrutiny but from the customer side not them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.