Sign in to follow this  
ReRaise

UKBFF Beginners Class

Doing my 2nd show this year, UKBFF North East in August. I have my sights set on Intermediate U80.

My first show was Nabba First Timers, which I didn't place out of a line up 23. Just wondered if the beginners class for UKBFF was for first time competitors with UKBFF or with any fed.

I was thinking if I could do a beginners show before the North East U80 then it'd be a chance to get some stage time and confidence. But don;t know if i'm eligible having done NABBA first timers.

Any idea anyone?

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, ReRaise said:

Doing my 2nd show this year, UKBFF North East in August. I have my sights set on Intermediate U80.

My first show was Nabba First Timers, which I didn't place out of a line up 23. Just wondered if the beginners class for UKBFF was for first time competitors with UKBFF or with any fed.

I was thinking if I could do a beginners show before the North East U80 then it'd be a chance to get some stage time and confidence. But don;t know if i'm eligible having done NABBA first timers.

Any idea anyone?

Cheers.

Its for people who have not shown in any fed.

I qualified for the British this year however and there were people in the finals that were not beginners. They had done numerous shows.

3 minutes ago, BoomTime said:

Its for people who have not shown in any fed.

I qualified for the British this year however and there were people in the finals that were not beginners. They had done numerous shows.

Thanks for clearing that up mate. Reckon I'll focus on the Inter U80 then.

Do you mean its supposed to be for first shows in any fed but UKBFF just aren't checking?

Just now, ReRaise said:

Thanks for clearing that up mate. Reckon I'll focus on the Inter U80 then.

Do you mean its supposed to be for first shows in any fed but UKBFF just aren't checking?

Yeah, they dont check, There is no way they can. You can register on the day

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, BoomTime said:

Yeah, they dont check, There is no way they can. You can register on the day

That's not entirely true mate.

At the south coast show last year they announced mid show they had just found out one of the competitors had recently competed at Nabba and thus banned her for life.

TBH... it was shitty to do and even shitter to announce it. Whether this is through them checking or people grassing it up I don't know. But they do insist on being 'loyal' to the UKBFF.

Pretty certain it was the girl behind me when we were queuing for checkins as she was telling me she competed the week before but there weren't any UKBFF shows.

8 hours ago, Bensif said:

That's not entirely true mate.

At the south coast show last year they announced mid show they had just found out one of the competitors had recently competed at Nabba and thus banned her for life.

TBH... it was shitty to do and even shitter to announce it. Whether this is through them checking or people grassing it up I don't know. But they do insist on being 'loyal' to the UKBFF.

Pretty certain it was the girl behind me when we were queuing for checkins as she was telling me she competed the week before but there weren't any UKBFF shows.

Someone grassed her up and they checked her instagram account mate. Heard about it. What I meant was they have no infrastructure to check officially 

15 minutes ago, BoomTime said:

Someone grassed her up and they checked her instagram account mate. Heard about it. What I meant was they have no infrastructure to check officially 

I didn't know that. Wtf is wrong people, seriously!? Life is too short to spite others.