Sign in to follow this  
D4V33

Just threw my back out again :(

I can train injury free in the gym all week, but have managed to throw my back out putting a bag of shopping into the boot of my car! Wtf!!

Got a little shock sensation followed by a dull ache.  I woke up this morning and have got a reall painful dull ache radiating in the centre of my spine at about chest height. It's hard to breath and causing me too much pain to move about much.  

I have had this happen before several times now over the years, with the first time needing to be carried out the house in a stretcher lol (then sent home with diazepam and tramadol to lie in my bed for the next month)

Ive tried my doctor many times over the past (probably about 15 years now) and all he has ever done is send me to physio and put my on a life time supply of amitriptyline which helps with my other back pains but, is not helping me find the route cause of the problem.  I'm starting to think that I'm going to have to wait for it to get so bad that I loose my job before I will get as much as an X-ray or scan.

Youre in the same boat as me mate. Ive suffered with back pain for years and it seems to be progressing. Its taken the nhs 4 years to give me a scan. I cant squat or deadlift as my back will snap. Even at low weight. 

If you live in scotland. Its a physio who do scan referalls now. 

Sorry guys I missed your replys!  

On 31/12/2016 at 5:33 PM, Beefcake91 said:

Youre in the same boat as me mate. Ive suffered with back pain for years and it seems to be progressing. Its taken the nhs 4 years to give me a scan. I cant squat or deadlift as my back will snap. Even at low weight. 

If you live in scotland. Its a physio who do scan referalls now. 

Looks like I will have to go see and persevere with the physio then.  I waited 5 weeks to see one before.  My doctor printed me out a sheet with exercises to do for the 5 week run up to my first physio appointment.  I did them, but they did nothing.  I finally saw the physio who bent me about for 10 minutes then sent me off with the same sheet of exercises that my doctor had gave me.  He said try these and come back in 3 weeks!  WTF!  I told him I already was, but it landed on deaf ears.

On 01/01/2017 at 2:32 PM, Sparkey said:

Herniated disc for sure.

Have a read of this thread bud.

Just read the above thread.  Sounds exactly like you described.  My back is ok now, as long as I sleep flat on my back.  If I sleep on my side the dull ache comes back.  I am back training again but being very careful with what movements I chose.  Squats and deads are a no no. Also I find front raises put it out to, as the injury is high up my back.  Everything else seems ok though, so not too limited.

Just glad it has settled quickly this time round as, it's lasted months on occasions.

cheers

Dave

Haha just popped back into this section of the forum looking for advice as my back is causing me problems again..

Just found this thread that I myself started a while back and had forgotten about asking the exact same as I was just about to post lol

Seems my back is also getting progressively worse each time it goes :(

I’ve been to the gym once in 6 month due to this now.  When I train I’m fine and as long as I keep training I stay injury free,, it’s when I take time off I become fragile and this happens.  My only worry is that I’m now not going to be able to get back into training again with the problem persisting at the moment.  Its really getting me down!!

are you doing anything persistant in regards to lifting/twisting? 

I ask because i used to suffer from chronic pain in my back, it affected me alot and often got me down

found out that it may have been due to a tast at work, i used to have to stack (a stack) of boards onto a pallet from a table, however i had to turn them boards over also which were quite heavy, seems twisting the stack was doing my back and since then i stopped turning them and been fine since, funny really...

Nothing repetitive at work these day, although in the past have done work similar to what u describe.  Have also operated machinery such as dumper trucks with no suspension that would wreck my back as well as lot of labouring lifting jobs, but these days are mostly spent in the office.  I had X-rays done on Friday and get results next Friday, but won’t hold my breath on it showing much as I’m to believe this won’t show disc damage etc.  Just sick of taking pain killers everyday and having physios recommend exercises without actually knowing the cause of the pain. Want to start training again but so scared I make it worse.