Baggy

Almost 3 years of inpingement-like pain

ARE you strengthening your scalenes? ARE you holding your clavicle in proper position?

Most therapists have no CLUE how to deal with TOS! Whether your guy does or not, I have no idea - but in general it's (TOS) regarded as one ofthe hardest types of issues to resolve.

PLease read this long ass aritcle that I wrote for all you abroad-ers with TOS - there's no help to be had when you have this issue so be smart and educate yourself on your problem

https://treningogrehab.no/how-truly-treat-thoracic-outlet-syndrome/

57 minutes ago, Kjetil1234 said:

ARE you strengthening your scalenes? ARE you holding your clavicle in proper position?

Most therapists have no CLUE how to deal with TOS! Whether your guy does or not, I have no idea - but in general it's (TOS) regarded as one ofthe hardest types of issues to resolve.

PLease read this long ass aritcle that I wrote for all you abroad-ers with TOS - there's no help to be had when you have this issue so be smart and educate yourself on your problem

https://treningogrehab.no/how-truly-treat-thoracic-outlet-syndrome/

Thanks mate i will read

i strengthen/stretch my scalene about 3 times a day. I do this by putting right hand behind back, looking to the left and then tilt my head back as if to look over left shoulder. Hold for  10 secs then back to start and repeat 3 times

i tried that one u gave me before lying on floor and lifting head but i ended up really sore just from one day so im not sure body is ready for that one. 

The guy im seeing is NKT from that link u gave another poster before with the directory of NKT

its this stupid first rib wont drop down properly so nerve is stetched over it. Arrghhh

Hi im not sure what u mean as i have done all u recommended and appreciate the advice

i mentioned i tried to do those scalene ones lying on the floor and raising head up and down and it was agony. 

Apparently its the 1st rib also not dropping down properly making the nerves around brachial plexus stretched. 

I did read your article and notice u said about not stretching the neck as ive been told todo so will stop that for now

You need to start easy on those scalene exercises. Your first rib won't drop until these muscles are much much stronger. When you can do 30-40 reps of that exercise with no pain, then you'll be cured (if rest of criteria are also good, such as clavicular posture)

Do 5 reps or so in the beginning per day. When you can do 5 without pain next day, do 10. Then do 10x2, etc

4 hours ago, Kjetil1234 said:

You need to start easy on those scalene exercises. Your first rib won't drop until these muscles are much much stronger. When you can do 30-40 reps of that exercise with no pain, then you'll be cured (if rest of criteria are also good, such as clavicular posture)

Do 5 reps or so in the beginning per day. When you can do 5 without pain next day, do 10. Then do 10x2, etc

Ok mate thanx a lot i will get back onto them. 

Shall i do both sides rather than just the 'bad' side yeah?

i have noticed although the awful pain from friday has settled down to normal pain.... if i bend neck down to chest to look down just before i touch my chin on my chest the shooting pain in collar bone is still there. Any ideas what that is? Is it connected to scalene again