Baggy

Almost 3 years of inpingement-like pain

3 hours ago, Baggy said:

Hi mate im ok thanks - that flare up has now gone so this week I will start to introduce those scalene exercises again.

I actually looked on your thread and saw the NKT list of practioners and have found one that's only an hour away that's a level 3

how are u doing

Soso really. Been seeing the guy since June and he's done lots of NKT stuff which must have helped as the pins and needles are reduced but they aren't gone completely.

In addition to that I've had an increase in aches and pains in neck, around the shoulder and the armpit region. Seeing him tomorrow first time in a month so will see what happens.

I get its a marathon not a sprint but it's very mentally taxing to have had this so long and just when you feel better you have a bad day and it fvcks with your head.

That said I got good advice from Kjetil and dread to think where I'd be had he not helped.

On 11/17/2016 at 9:46 AM, Baggy said:

Yeah its a tough one when it goes up and down, 3 years on now and it pisses me off so much when it comes on.

Kjetil has been amazing with advice and I am booked to see an NKT level 3 next week so hope that turns out worthwhile.

Have you trained through it all this time?

Let me know how you get on with the NKT practitioner.

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:46 PM, RexEverthing said:

Have you trained through it all this time?

Let me know how you get on with the NKT practitioner.

Yes mate been trying to train through it - sometimes niggles and pisses me off though - im def a lot weaker.

Seeing this NKT level 3 on Thursday....

14 hours ago, RexEverthing said:

Who is the NKT and where? Which level? Best of luck - keep me updated!

Hi is based near Guildford I think mate, level 3. I have no idea what he is going to do as hes also a chiropractor but after reading the advice given on your thread I thought an NKT person may help...

First appointment with NKT level 3.... was good and interesting - he cracked me around a lot !!!!

So he thinks this is stemming from my jaw of all places.... had a car crash 18 yrs ago heavy head on crash lots of facial injuries - jaw broken in 4 places... he thinks the main area of pain is

1. jaw

2 eyes

3 neck

session 2 on Monday!

3 hours ago, Baggy said:

First appointment with NKT level 3.... was good and interesting - he cracked me around a lot !!!!

So he thinks this is stemming from my jaw of all places.... had a car crash 18 yrs ago heavy head on crash lots of facial injuries - jaw broken in 4 places... he thinks the main area of pain is

1. jaw

2 eyes

3 neck

session 2 on Monday!

The interconnection between pain sites freaks me out.

Hope you're feeling a bit better.

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:13 PM, Kjetil1234 said:

Just make sure you keep working those scalenes! Have him find the right compensation (probably jaw).

Thanks mate, I appreciate all your help.

Yes hes worked on the Jaw being the main reason, and after that the eyes and the neck. He beat me up big time in the appointment yesterday lol. I am trying to see him once a week for 6 week and hes confident it will be 80% better.

1 minute ago, Baggy said:

Yes hes worked on the Jaw being the main reason, and after that the eyes and the neck. He beat me up big time in the appointment yesterday lol. I am trying to see him once a week for 6 week and hes confident it will be 80% better.

What exactly did he do?  How is he performing treatment for the jaw?

4 hours ago, Baggy said:

Should get 100% better just make sure you find the compensator for the scalenes (to strengthen and activate them), and stop slouching with your shoulders and neck.

Could also be some radial nerve irritation in the triangular interval in the shoulder, also worth a look

4 hours ago, RexEverthing said:

What exactly did he do?  How is he performing treatment for the jaw?

If the jaw (often masseter) if the compensator for the scalenes, you release the jaw before activation and training of the scalenes

19 hours ago, Kjetil1234 said:

Should get 100% better just make sure you find the compensator for the scalenes (to strengthen and activate them), and stop slouching with your shoulders and neck.

Could also be some radial nerve irritation in the triangular interval in the shoulder, also worth a look

Thanks I will mention this to him on Monday

19 hours ago, Kjetil1234 said:

If the jaw (often masseter) if the compensator for the scalenes, you release the jaw before activation and training of the scalenes

Yeah hes treating the jaw - from the inside and the outside - very heavy pressure on the opening joint of the jaw - mine is crocked when it opens one side opens more than the other so he is trying to release the tension and straighten it a bit.

incredible really, never thought eyes/jaw would cause some localised pain in the collar bone!!!

2 hours ago, Baggy said:

Yeah hes treating the jaw - from the inside and the outside - very heavy pressure on the opening joint of the jaw - mine is crocked when it opens one side opens more than the other so he is trying to release the tension and straighten it a bit.

incredible really, never thought eyes/jaw would cause some localised pain in the collar bone!!!

The jaw clenching causes the scalenes to inhibit (deactivate). This weakens them tremendously (potentially). When they're weak and tight enough, they compress the nerves. So it's a chain reaction. The jaw isn't directly causing the nerve issue but it's causing the muscle issue, which again is causing the nerve issue :-)

On 16/12/2016 at 1:36 PM, RexEverthing said:

@Baggy whats the latest mate?

Hello mate its not too bad. 

Done 4 NKT sessions which have been brutal. First 2 responded v well second 2 didnt have as good a response. At the monent tho its feeling better but had a week of hardly gym due to xmas

hope yours is easing

So was pretty much pain free for a 10 day break over xmas.

1st day back yesterday, on the smiths bench press and straight away a tight pain right in the front of my collar bone radiating. couldn't press it hard and in the evening my top part of the right arm was also sore and niggly. not happy about that!!

Then your technique is not good. Scapula anteriorly tilting causing the clavicle to compress the brachial plexus. Additionally, the problem isn't properly rehabbed yet. You need to keep releasing the jaw followed by strengthening the trapz, scalenes and neck extensors. Probably more too, but would need to examine you to know for sure.

Read my shoulder article that I posted on this forum just a few days ago.

On 04/01/2017 at 2:31 PM, Kjetil1234 said:

Then your technique is not good. Scapula anteriorly tilting causing the clavicle to compress the brachial plexus. Additionally, the problem isn't properly rehabbed yet. You need to keep releasing the jaw followed by strengthening the trapz, scalenes and neck extensors. Probably more too, but would need to examine you to know for sure.

Read my shoulder article that I posted on this forum just a few days ago.

Hi mate

been NKT 8 sessions now. Was going well. Treatments to neck , jaw and eyes really helped

recently more treatment on the actual area hasnt produced as good results i still have a lot of pain. Still hurts doing all chest press movements

today worst day ever. Was fine til mid morning then onset of incredible pain around bracial plexus. Tried stretching didnt help. Very sore breathing in. Cant move neck in any direction. Rear shoulder blade very sore like trapped nerve. 

Taken some anti inflamatories and heat/ice packs have helped a bit

my physio said its like my 1st rib isnt dropping properly so now nerves are stretched over rib causing this traped nerve pain

driving me crazy