Jump to content

Lorian

Reputation Recount

Recommended Posts

Make sense, I was thinking that my rep got lesser, wasn’t sure why until I read.

As usual, always the first in getting all the news:lol:


EDIT: @Lorian where are the extra likes per day? @Quackerz you done a POLL because we wanted to be able to like more, how many likes per day we on?

Would be nice to know it by level, Bronze tot likes a day, Silver etc etc

Edited by IronJohnDoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IronJohnDoe said:

Make sense, I was thinking that my rep got lesser, wasn’t sure why until I read.

As usual, always the first in getting all the news:lol:


EDIT: @Lorian where are the extra likes per day? @Quackerz you done a POLL because we wanted to be able to like more, how many likes per day we on?

Would be nice to know it by level, Bronze tot likes a day, Silver etc etc

I get 30 per day, as for the poll wouldn't have a scooby mate. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lorian

can we please take the 20 likes a day cap off

i know there was abuse or whatever of the rep system, but with that gone i cant see the need or value in having a likes cap, there's three threads currently with a couple of good debates, bit of a laugh etc, it's not even mid-day and i've used up all my likes

just dont see the need for the cap anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2016 at 6:09 PM, IronJohnDoe said:

Make sense, I was thinking that my rep got lesser, wasn’t sure why until I read.

As usual, always the first in getting all the news:lol:


EDIT: @Lorian where are the extra likes per day? @Quackerz you done a POLL because we wanted to be able to like more, how many likes per day we on?

Would be nice to know it by level, Bronze tot likes a day, Silver etc etc

ironically i tried to like this post then remembered i'm already out for the day :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7 March 2017 at 0:01 PM, workinprogress1 said:

ironically i tried to like this post then remembered i'm already out for the day :rolleyes:

The silly thing is that the poll that is been done and voted, had also a majority of yes for have more likes but is been ignored by the mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7 March 2017 at 11:59 AM, workinprogress1 said:

@Lorian

can we please take the 20 likes a day cap off

i know there was abuse or whatever of the rep system, but with that gone i cant see the need or value in having a likes cap, there's three threads currently with a couple of good debates, bit of a laugh etc, it's not even mid-day and i've used up all my likes

just dont see the need for the cap anymore

In fact there is no need for a cap anymore, there is more need for a system like before reps and likes, so that we could use likes for funny or less important things and reps for more valuable info and help (the repping had a cap too but it has been abused, although I think is poor to choose to remove the system only because a few people using it wrong, but hey, that is only my humble opinion)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disagree.

We don’t all post tons of times a day, IMO after a certain time you should be made platinum even without 5k posts, otherwise it’s like saying a guy register and few months later get platinum because he spammed million of pointless posts? Not impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 2:24 PM, karbonk said:

When am I getting my CAPO bump up? 8 years here and still not a made guy.

8 years and only 582 likes? Capo is never gonna happen like that bro. You need to produce.

Maybe if you whack @Disclosure you'll get a ton of likes and instant Capo status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UK2USA said:

8 years and only 582 likes? Capo is never gonna happen like that bro. You need to produce.

Maybe if you whack @Disclosure you'll get a ton of likes and intent Capo status.

True, in my early years and even now actually I generally use the Forum for my own benefit, but I do like to help others too if I can. This whole "likes" and "rep count" means nothing to me tbh, for a while I thought the forum got quite bad not long after the transition to the new format but it has picked up again and seems to be in good shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, karbonk said:

True, in my early years and even now actually I generally use the Forum for my own benefit, but I do like to help others too if I can. This whole "likes" and "rep count" means nothing to me tbh, for a while I thought the forum got quite bad not long after the transition to the new format but it has picked up again and seems to be in good shape.

So does that mean you're not gonna whack @Disclosure?

What if we have a whip round?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, IronJohnDoe said:

Disagree.

We don’t all post tons of times a day, IMO after a certain time you should be made platinum even without 5k posts, otherwise it’s like saying a guy register and few months later get platinum because he spammed million of pointless posts? Not impressed.

You need to be a member for 3 years as well as having made 5000 posts. I only mentioned total posts above as Karbonk had already passed the time requirement.

I can't say becoming Platinum changed my life, and I doubt reaching double platinum soon will be any different ;).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ultrasonic said:

You need to be a member for 3 years as well as having made 5000 posts. I only mentioned total posts above as Karbonk had already passed the time requirement.

I can't say becoming Platinum changed my life, and I doubt reaching double platinum soon will be any different ;).

 

Surely would not change mine either:rolleyes: but you see there it says that for being gold member you need to be registered from 365 days plus post counts, now I seen gold members around that don’t have 1 year to their belt, again not changing anyone’s life but still it looks unfair that’s it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, IronJohnDoe said:

Surely would not change mine either:rolleyes: but you see there it says that for being gold member you need to be registered from 365 days plus post counts, now I seen gold members around that don’t have 1 year to their belt, again not changing anyone’s life but still it looks unfair that’s it.

It may have changed but my guess is it hasn't. Can you give an example of a good member who joined less than a year ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, vetran said:

it says 3 yrs to get platinum but there are 5 members in this thread alone not even got 2 years in and still got a platinum badge, obviously system f*cked up somewhere

I think I remember some people saying their join dates got messed up when we transitioned to the current version of this forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25 March 2017 at 9:19 PM, Ultrasonic said:

It may have changed but my guess is it hasn't. Can you give an example of a good member who joined less than a year ago?

Disclosure for example is gold but less than 1 year (Unless we are in November 2017 and I didn’t notice:lol:)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×