UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Reputation Recount

6K views 49 replies 26 participants last post by  IronJohnDoe 
#1 ·
As of today all Reputation scores have been recounted. The scores now accurately show the exact number of Likes that a members content has received since we moved to this new incarnation of UKM in 2015.

Why was this done?
Lot's of members had massively high reputation points carried over from the old forum reputation system. These figures were unattainable on the new UKM and the massive discrepancy between the 2 systems meant that the system became meaningless.

My huge reputation score is gone and now I'm unhappy
Your old score isn't lost, it's just not currently visible. It is my intention to use this data to provide some other form of recognition/award/perk further down the line.

Will something good come from this?
Yes :) Something new is coming which builds on the Likes system and offers a lot more in addition.

#23 ·
Part of the reason for calculating the recount is that, now that everyone's on the same system, it will enable me to adjust the reputation system so that it isn't based solely on Likes.

E.g. Informative posts outside of Gen Con will potentially add more to a users reputation than a Like for simply posting funny pic in Gen Con.

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Make sense, I was thinking that my rep got lesser, wasn't sure why until I read.

As usual, always the first in getting all the news :lol:

EDIT: @Lorian where are the extra likes per day? @Quackerz you done a POLL because we wanted to be able to like more, how many likes per day we on?

Would be nice to know it by level, Bronze tot likes a day, Silver etc etc

#27 ·
Make sense, I was thinking that my rep got lesser, wasn't sure why until I read.

As usual, always the first in getting all the news :lol:

EDIT: @Lorian where are the extra likes per day? @Quackerz you done a POLL because we wanted to be able to like more, how many likes per day we on?

Would be nice to know it by level, Bronze tot likes a day, Silver etc etc
I get 30 per day, as for the poll wouldn't have a scooby mate. lol

#29 ·
@Lorian

can we please take the 20 likes a day cap off

i know there was abuse or whatever of the rep system, but with that gone i cant see the need or value in having a likes cap, there's three threads currently with a couple of good debates, bit of a laugh etc, it's not even mid-day and i've used up all my likes

just dont see the need for the cap anymore

#32 ·
@Lorian

can we please take the 20 likes a day cap off

i know there was abuse or whatever of the rep system, but with that gone i cant see the need or value in having a likes cap, there's three threads currently with a couple of good debates, bit of a laugh etc, it's not even mid-day and i've used up all my likes

just dont see the need for the cap anymore
In fact there is no need for a cap anymore, there is more need for a system like before reps and likes, so that we could use likes for funny or less important things and reps for more valuable info and help (the repping had a cap too but it has been abused, although I think is poor to choose to remove the system only because a few people using it wrong, but hey, that is only my humble opinion)

#43 ·
Disagree.

We don't all post tons of times a day, IMO after a certain time you should be made platinum even without 5k posts, otherwise it's like saying a guy register and few months later get platinum because he spammed million of pointless posts? Not impressed.
You need to be a member for 3 years as well as having made 5000 posts. I only mentioned total posts above as Karbonk had already passed the time requirement.

I can't say becoming Platinum changed my life, and I doubt reaching double platinum soon will be any different ;) .

https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/topic/73311-uk-musclecouk-membership-levels/?do=embed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.