Sign in to follow this  
richengineer

add/adhd

anyone have this s**t.. I cant stick with anything other than my mrs and bodybuilding.. ive had millions of jobs etc and just cant stick or focus on anything,.... apparently people with adhd can have hyperfocus on things they enjoy so I guess that's why bodybuilding is a keeper..

I sway between engineering contracts and done a bit of property but that's pissing me off now and my brain just says give up as soon as anything gets difficult

I do the same thing, consulted the Doctor about it and was told I have a good chance of having ADD and had a consult with the quack booked in, still unsure if I will actually go or not though, not too sure if I want it on my medical records as I am unsure as to how it could affect eligibility for certain jobs plus CBF with medication that could potentially change my personality, so probably not. If you feel like it's an issue then just speak to the doctor to have you referred to a psychiatrist, it's easily done but you will have to wait a few months.  

I am ADD and Dyslexic...

It's just down to self discipline. Make sure you do one task at a time and that you complete it otherwise you are screwed. Know your weaknesses and work on them the best you can but also work hardest on your strengths.

LISTS are my saving grace because my mind moves so fast I can easily forget to complete or simply do the things or I try do all of the things at once as that matches my thought patterns.

If something does not hold your or interest you then the mind tends to wonder or you lose interest that happens a lot when people talk to me. 

With things that I am passionate about, I have to know everything about it...like everything so stick to what you LOVE and find work within those means...

ADD: mind is a Ferrari with bicycle breaks:lol:  

Don't let little labels dictate who your are...Or let people put you in a box... Just because you do not conform to what society declares as normal which is a load of BS

20 hours ago, Quackerz said:

I do the same thing, consulted the Doctor about it and was told I have a good chance of having ADD and had a consult with the quack booked in, still unsure if I will actually go or not though, not too sure if I want it on my medical records as I am unsure as to how it could affect eligibility for certain jobs plus CBF with medication that could potentially change my personality, so probably not. If you feel like it's an issue then just speak to the doctor to have you referred to a psychiatrist, it's easily done but you will have to wait a few months.  

There really is no reason to go to a Dr who is just going to label you and put you in a box called ADD... You are right the medication will change who you are when you are on it it just numb/deadens/slows. The sides are terrible too, Emotions every where, shakes, not being hungry and finally when the medication leaves you system it's hell.  Was on Ritalin for + 10 years and it ruined my health. 

There is a great product called Mindset from a company 7.5 that is all natural and it really helps with concentration and retention of information etc. I know there is a store in the UK. 

13 minutes ago, Janelle said:

I am ADD and Dyslexic...

It's just down to self discipline. Make sure you do one task at a time and that you complete it otherwise you are screwed. Know your weaknesses and work on them the best you can but also work hardest on your strengths.

LISTS are my saving grace because my mind moves so fast I can easily forget to complete or simply do the things or I try do all of the things at once as that matches my thought patterns.

If something does not hold your or interest you then the mind tends to wonder or you lose interest that happens a lot when people talk to me. 

With things that I am passionate about, I have to know everything about it...like everything so stick to what you LOVE and find work within those means...

ADD: mind is a Ferrari with bicycle breaks:lol:  

Don't let little labels dictate who your are...Or let people put you in a box... Just because you do not conform to what society declares as normal which is a load of BS

There really is no reason to go to a Dr who is just going to label you and put you in a box called ADD... You are right the medication will change who you are when you are on it it just numb/deadens/slows. The sides are terrible too, Emotions every where, shakes, not being hungry and finally when the medication leaves you system it's hell.  Was on Ritalin for + 10 years and it ruined my health. 

There is a great product called Mindset from a company 7.5 that is all natural and it really helps with concentration and retention of information etc. I know there is a store in the UK. 

Cheers for this, f**k the quack after reading that....... 

Yeah I feel like we have the same problem. You need to find a job that lets you keep active. If you have a degree, you can consider trying teaching for a year? You can get up to 30K tax free from the government (which you don't pay back), and student loans up to 11K (So basically no interest) - plus the schedule is flexible if youre organised.

I suffer from it too , it comes from social anxiety/generalised anxiety .

I had to stop studying because i couldn't concentrate at school and even at home it's hard. As you said when i love something i always handle to do it properly tho

On 14/09/2016 at 10:09 PM, Baka said:

I suffer from it too , it comes from social anxiety/generalised anxiety .

I had to stop studying because i couldn't concentrate at school and even at home it's hard. As you said when i love something i always handle to do it properly tho

That's just anxiety, ADD/ADHD are separate mental disorders. 

I do not debate that fact that social anxiety can greatly impede your concentration though.  

i find putting your energy into things you enjoy is the best way, if you have 0 interest in an activity etc ill just give up if i love it i give it as much as i have to give that day. still have to balance things, i dont dislike my job i go there every day but i do minimal. but finding a job you like is seldom seen unfortunately imo. just grind away bro all you can do

probs gonna sound like a c**t but never been entirely convinced of this ADHD thing...seems like a label for just a certain type of person / behaviour...and I don't mean that in a negative sense...just that we all have different brains...no-one needs to be a genius to work hard and be successful in life...don't let it affect your life choices...

3 minutes ago, JohnnySack said:

probs gonna sound like a c**t but never been entirely convinced of this ADHD thing...seems like a label for just a certain type of person / behaviour...and I don't mean that in a negative sense...just that we all have different brains...no-one needs to be a genius to work hard and be successful in life...don't let it affect your life choices...

I agree. I won’t go into detail but came across a kid who apparently had adhd, turns out he lived with his grandad who let him walk all over him, no discipline and was allowed to drink full fat coke day and night as well as eating sweets.