Sign in to follow this  
Warstu

British final 2007 results

well here is my take on the day....

First Timers - unfortunately for the other competitors Shaun Taverner was always going to win this class, i met Shaun and he is a very nice humble guy who i am sure was scared to put the trophy down just in case it was taller than him :)

O80's Inters- The big black guy(sorry missed his name) was robbed and definitely should of won Dan jumma should not of even been there after qualifying last year and winning the overall and class 1 at the NABBA UK 2006 NOW competing as an inter you must be joking...

Lightweights - A good win for one of Harold's Boys Terry is the partner of Michelle the overall winner from last year and definitely deserved the win good class though..

Middleweights - Wade was off as we all are aware and unfortunately did not make the night show which in my opinion was a great shame but i am sure he will be back....In my opinion i had Nathan first but in saying that the top 2 where really close and either way i think the crowd would have been ok...Gary your boy Dan can get in there next year if he concentrates on the areas we spoke about mate...

Light Heavies - All i can say is what a class top physiques throughout...i will say that Flex looked very good far from complete as his lower to upper body development needs to be addressed but deserved the win, James looked very big but in my opinion Flex was in slightly better condition with a little more polish, Barney in 3rd was definitely the best i have seen him.

Tom as you know did not make it through and after this happening to me at the NABBA finals i know how he feels but he knows where he went wrong and i am sure he will fix it for next year...

Heavies - Awesome is all i can say about this class 25 guys in total with at least 20 of them being in with a shout at the top 5...the guy i prepped Stuart Core placed a respectful 4th place, Alvin Small placed 3rd and to be honest i had him 2nd he was very good and held his own against the other heavies.

Zak yet again disappointed those who expected more he was smaller than last year a little better condition but i was not impressed at all...

Darren Ball won the class and if i am honest deserved it Darren was more polished than the Portsmouth show...

u57kg Ladies - Well my girl did it Venetia displayed a combination of symmetry, balance, muscle and femininity to take this class from Tracey who placed 2nd from castles gym.

O57kg Ladies - the winner was definitely deserved of the placing she was big muscular with condition...

Jackie from castles placed 2nd when she is on she is excellent but i thought she was a little off yesterday and the 2nd and 3rd places should of been swapped around, 3rd went to Martin(member on the board) fiance(sorry mate cannot spell here name) i had her 2nd excellent shape and one hell of a poser...

Overall - Women

this went to Venetia it was a close call but i think and yes i am biased that her shape won it for her over a more muscular girl, me and Venetia ate really chuffed about this win in only her 2nd class she has made me so proud she did everything i asked of her for the prep and came out on top so well done V

Overall - Men

Hell this could of gone either way between Flex and Darren personally i think flex deserved it but it was close....

A few Bits....

One thing i was annoyed about yesterday was the disrespect shown to other competitors by the friends and family of some of the competitors who booed when there guy did not win or get the placing they think they deserved what you fukcing idiots want to realise is that the judges make the decisions not the BB on stage, one guy in particular was standing in front of me being a pr1ck when Flex won the LH so much i told him to sit and shut the fukc up....

When will guys realise that they need to use an AI when using gear the worst thing about yesterday for me was the amount of guys who had GYno onstage, dont use the gear if you dont know how to deal with the sides for fukc sake...

My goal for the weekend was for Stuart and Venetia to place top 5 so all in all i had a very good weekend.....

I had a very good weekend meeting up with some of the guys and girls from the net, i met Del for the first time and his partner Ian who did the first timers it was nice to meet both of you....

so there you have my take on the weekend but that is all it is my take so if i offended anyone i am sorry but you cannot improved and move forward if opinions are sugar coated :)

Succinct, mate.

Agree about the booing though - felt real sorry for the lad who won the inter O80s - what a tainted victory to win what you've dreamed of then get booed for winning it based on the judges' opinions.

He did his routine then scarpered offstage looked a bit dejected TBH.

And the gyno was first rate - savvy surgeons should have been on hand with business cards.

As for Dan Jumaa, who placed second in the inter O80s, John Plummer of Flex magazine told me yesterday that when he queried Dan about the legitimacy of doing the inters, Dan told him he missed the British finals last year despite being invited to compete in them, and the UKBFF apparently told him he would still be eligible to do them this year if he qualified - which he did at Leeds.

So, in fairness, he did what he was allowed to do, whether or not it was morally the right decision.

Spot on take on the show Paul,i no where we went wrong wit Dan and i think we can get it rite in the future.Cheers mate,and yes that guy in front of us was a complete toss pot and thinkin about it if i wasnt nursing a major hangover from the nite b4 i should hav jus banged him out to shut him up!!As i said respect 4 gettin ur guys in condition!U should help a lot more people out mate cause u no ur stuff and they would b lucky to hav u as a coach!All the best

Gary Farr

looking at some of the pictures put up i actually think alot of guys looked out of balance in the opposite way some said flex did there upper torso is almost over powering

Agree with everything Tom Said.

Tom the girld you prepped was a class above the rest pure quality and feminine as well. Even Nicole mentioned how superb shw will do.

Sean in the first timers was insperationl as was great to see him having some fun on stage and spending some special moments with his family.

Pat Williams decision was a farce...

I had Alvin Small winning the HW

Flex for the overall.

IMO wasnt impressed by the MW or the LW. I saw many of them better at qualifers.

As for Dan Jumaa you should feel embarrased!

And one more thing if you are going to compete in the Britian at least get a decent tan you lazy lot!

Fivos

Terrible gyno on nathan deasha .. he also looks smaller than he did last year IMO.

Such a sham efor Tom and James L but I'm sure they'll be back bigger and better next year and reamin an inspiration to us all.

fivos i prepped her mate not Tom :)

Righty he might of got permission from the UKBFF but he has successfully competed as a MR in another fed so i don't care right or wrong he should not of been in that class the guy is a joke...

fivos i prepped her mate not Tom :)

Righty he might of got permission from the UKBFF but he has successfully competed as a MR in another fed so i don't care right or wrong he should not of been in that class the guy is a joke...

Least it lets my mate who had 6th in the NABBA universe into the UKBFF intermediates next year. :rolleye11

Did your mate compete in a Mr's Class?? if so why on earth would he want to go in to an inters class??

i really dont see the point to me any one who has competed in a Mr's class or qualified for the finals in the inters class in any federation should not go back into the inters class in a new federation that to me is trophy hunting...

if your mate was good enough to go to the Uni as a Mr then in my opinion he should not be even considering competing as an inter no matter the fed....

^^^^BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF^^ Wicked.

Did your mate compete in a Mr's Class?? if so why on earth would he want to go in to an inters class??

It was a joke to highlight the silliness of it all. He has no interest in dropping to inters - he's just tickled by the fact he could under the current rules.

^^^^BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF^^ Wicked.

It was a joke to highlight the silliness of it all. He has no interest in dropping to inters - he's just tickled by the fact he could under the current rules.

sorry mate still tired from the weekend...

UNfortunately I did not make the evening show,

I was told bt many guys who I respect that my tan was well off and that my conditioning had gone by the afternoon.

These are things that are easily rectified with adjustments next time unfortunately I am absolutely disappointed in myself that I made them at the top show of my career.

I want to apologise to the many people that came to support me that I did not provide more of a battle as I felt that I had a very good package this year, much improved over April, as I weighed in at 88.25kg on the day.

UNfortunately I seemed to hit my best condition at 10.30 am and this gradually waned throughout the day so I looked washed out on stage.

One comment from a good friend was that when he saw me he thought that it was a proper fcuk up on my part. I am also told by Paul that many people asked the same question of me 'what went wrong with Tom?'

That just shows me what high regard people had for what they thought I would bring to the stage. Unfortunately this time I did not dial it in perfect but that will change next year.

Next year I am going to be seeking the advice of someone I hold in high regard in terms of knowledge and experience with a tried and tested track record of dialing in winning physiques. I wont confirm it just yet as I am yet to sit down and talk it through with them. However myself and Paul are in agreement that I have really taken my physique as far as I will go on my own and would benefit greatly from an outside influence.

I was back in the gym today training and in 8 months I will begin my road to redemption in preparation for the 2008 finals doing a late qualifier to give myself maximum time to grow and get more granity looking physique.

This sort of fcuk up isnt happening again.

I dont blame anyone but myself for this, however I wish that the Dream Tan rule had actually been inforced as I seemed to be the only one not wearing it.

Congratulations to James Lewis and Llewellin on their achievemnets and I actually mean that not just a token gesture to show I'm a galant loser etc.

Oh Llewellin, thats two I owe you now.:)

I will be away from the board for 2 weeks now as I have business and personal issues to attend to as already discussed in my prep thread.

pscarb thanks for the comment about xyleese i know its a mouthfull to prenounce i just call her zee for short ,i had her second as well but then i am her fiance! lol

not a problem Martin i only remembered her initially because i was backstage at the stars prepping Venetia when she got told she could not do the body-fitness.....if i knew that was you yesterday i would of said hi.....

tom that what does not kill us makes us stronger!! how true those words are my friend.head down focus and train like a demon,late show is a good idea as it gives you plenty of time to evaluate the situation and dial it in perfect for 2008 british.

mate you have the tools for the job you know that its only a matter of time,i hope we get together as planned and do some training as i am old school and will push you to the limit bud you will either love me or hate me after a few sessions!

take care bud and remember every good champion has a set back only to come back a stronger and better man both physically and above all mentally.

see you soon mate