1 hour ago, James Llewellin said:

When I say supplement free I'm taking NOTHING at all, this includes everything inc vits and minerals. But then I've never taken any anyway lol 

Interesting James. Thanks. 

Do you bother with blood tests to check lipids, etc? 

Condolences about Musky too. Im from around that way too. Terrible shame.  

1 hour ago, DC1 said:

Interesting James. Thanks. 

Do you bother with blood tests to check lipids, etc? 

Condolences about Musky too. Im from around that way too. Terrible shame.  

Yes I have my bloods done 2x a year, last lot showed my hdl on lowish and my ldl low so my ratio was actually ok. 

Had bloods done around 6 years ago after using winny depot and hdl was through the floor!

1 hour ago, Growing Lad said:

Awesome thread, loving the honesty too James.

what pharma t3 you using? 

I believe it's the unipharm one in red box 30x25mcg 

On 25 July 2016 at 5:31 PM, James Llewellin said:

I like proviron and use it in every cycle and yes I just take nolva as a precaution although tbh I notice very little difference with it or without. 

As for intra and PWO drinks I notice ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE since I stopped them 2 weeks ago just a lot less bloating and more energy

I've always thought of just using Nolva on cycle and seeing how I get on but worried about estrogen going sky high! Might try it when i do a shorter 8 week cycle. Do you use 20mg a day and what dose of Proviron?  

Suprised you got bloating off HBCD and Peptopro. It's like drinking water to me. Waxy maize and dextrose pwo would often leave me shaking, feeling sick, bloated and often a nasty headache.  If I didn't throw it up first. 

18 hours ago, James Llewellin said:

Day off training today. 

Mess meant to train at 7am, started the drive to the gym then broke down thinking about my close friend Musky, so I never made it. 

Come down to West Wales with my fiancée today to spend time with mam and dad then see and train with my good friend Neil tomorrow morning at the dungeon. 

Food is on point and cardio was still done round the park and again on the beach. 

So nothing to report today just still a bit numb from the news yesterday 

Such a shame about him, he always gave me helpful free advice when I would go into his shop in Bridgeton. 

Nice guy. Glad they got who done it. 

15 hours ago, James Llewellin said:

Yes I have my bloods done 2x a year, last lot showed my hdl on lowish and my ldl low so my ratio was actually ok. 

Had bloods done around 6 years ago after using winny depot and hdl was through the floor!

I believe it's the unipharm one in red box 30x25mcg 

Nice one mate, wanted to see which one you rate 

10 hours ago, The doog said:

I've always thought of just using Nolva on cycle and seeing how I get on but worried about estrogen going sky high! Might try it when i do a shorter 8 week cycle. Do you use 20mg a day and what dose of Proviron?  

Suprised you got bloating off HBCD and Peptopro. It's like drinking water to me. Waxy maize and dextrose pwo would often leave me shaking, feeling sick, bloated and often a nasty headache.  If I didn't throw it up first. 

25mg proviron but will go up in last 2-4 weeks to 50mg a day then 100mg in last 10 days 

I meant just supps in general. I'm much preferring eating my food than drinking it tbh. More satisfying and I've just learned how to cook egg whites and oats. I'm a slow learner lol but they taste great with cinnamon and banana and a scoop of peanut butter 

Thursday 

woke up with my first cold of 2016. Not a bad run really considering prep earlier in year etc. Plus I dodged a very nasty cough that Melissa had during prep.  

Still dragged my ass out of bed at 6.30am and went and trained quads fasted plus 30 mins PWO cardio 

got to admit quads and adductors are already getting DOMS 

week 2 today so worked within the 14-18 rep range. Slow eccentric and a fairly explosive concentric 

1 leg ext 6-8x15-18

2 squats 5x15

3 body weight lunges 3x36

4 adductor machine 3x18

5 abductor 3x18

all weights used so I was at muscular failure on the last rep except squats where I had another in the tank. 

First time I have squatted since prolapsing and tearing L5 S1 back in May. Didn't go heavy and a very definite ache down right side of sacrum and into glute. Only managed 80kg but right down so hams hit calves. Felt nice on quads but back was saying f**k off. 

Decided on a solid meal PWO as shake not really touching sides and I go hypo too quickly after. 

Found eating much better today but still was starving 90 mins later. 

Done well today and not been tempted by nandos or macdonalds 

3 minutes ago, James Llewellin said:

Thursday 

woke up with my first cold of 2016. Not a bad run really considering prep earlier in year etc. Plus I dodged a very nasty cough that Melissa had during prep.  

Still dragged my ass out of bed at 6.30am and went and trained quads fasted plus 30 mins PWO cardio 

got to admit quads and adductors are already getting DOMS 

week 2 today so worked within the 14-18 rep range. Slow eccentric and a fairly explosive concentric 

1 leg ext 6-8x15-18

2 squats 5x15

3 body weight lunges 3x36

4 adductor machine 3x18

5 abductor 3x18

all weights used so I was at muscular failure on the last rep except squats where I had another in the tank. 

First time I have squatted since prolapsing and tearing L5 S1 back in May. Didn't go heavy and a very definite ache down right side of sacrum and into glute. Only managed 80kg but right down so hams hit calves. Felt nice on quads but back was saying f**k off. 

Decided on a solid meal PWO as shake not really touching sides and I go hypo too quickly after. 

Found eating much better today but still was starving 90 mins later. 

Done well today and not been tempted by nandos or macdonalds 

Can I ask what you feel the benefits of training and fasted cardio are.

I have used this in prep in the past to deplete even further and tap into fat stored but would like to get your thoughts on it.

5 minutes ago, BoomTime said:

Can I ask what you feel the benefits of training and fasted cardio are.

I have used this in prep in the past to deplete even further and tap into fat stored but would like to get your thoughts on it.

I just find I'm stronger and more energised in the mornings. My stomach is empty so I never have bloat from a days eating, I never feel sick as there is nothing in my stomach. Plus My sugar levels remain very constant throughout my workout. 

Whether or not it impacts on fat burning or whether it burns more muscle than training after eating, who knows. 

I just prefer it and do it for no other reason apart from those points above 

Just now, James Llewellin said:

I just find I'm stronger and more energised in the mornings. My stomach is empty so I never have bloat from a days eating, I never feel sick as there is nothing in my stomach. Plus My sugar levels remain very constant throughout my workout. 

Whether or not it impacts on fat burning or whether it burns more muscle than training after eating, who knows. 

Thanks.

Fair enough, makes sense to me, I find nothing worse than training on a full stomach and I have a very sensitive gut and get bloated very easily.

I also find I do manage a good pump when fasted training.

Personally speaking I don't see how it would burn into muscle in any way more so than training would so long as protein is at a decent level (its all the same in the 24 hour time frame anyway, 72 even maybe) add in AAS and there is a very small chance LBM would be detrimentally effected IMHO.

1 minute ago, BoomTime said:

Thanks.

Fair enough, makes sense to me, I find nothing worse than training on a full stomach and I have a very sensitive gut and get bloated very easily.

I also find I do manage a good pump when fasted training.

Personally speaking I don't see how it would burn into muscle in any way more so than training would so long as protein is at a decent level (its all the same in the 24 hour time frame anyway, 72 even maybe) add in AAS and there is a very small chance LBM would be detrimentally effected IMHO.

Agreed I'm the biggest and leanest I have been following this protocol so it's obviously working and all on very modest anabolics too 

1 hour ago, James Llewellin said:

periodically i also like to train fasted for the reasons you mentioned, some days ill wake up and eat and feel great in the gym then the next repeat the same food and amounts and get horrendous bloating, takes the variables out by training fasted 

do you also train fasted in the off season?

On 28 July 2016 at 6:33 PM, swole troll said:

periodically i also like to train fasted for the reasons you mentioned, some days ill wake up and eat and feel great in the gym then the next repeat the same food and amounts and get horrendous bloating, takes the variables out by training fasted 

do you also train fasted in the off season?

Yes I have been yes 

7 hours ago, Plate said:

Has James ended this log then? Seems to have one on tm now if anybody is still wanting to follow it

even after his major betrayal to us ukmers 

Nope I'm still here guys, I've just been asked a lot of questions on Tmuscle so been over there more 

Weight this morning is down to 14st 6.75lb after a week of no cheating, just shows I don't need to do a lot in order to drop weight. Think I've lost around 1.5lb this week and I'm looking leaner today than I have for some weeks. 

Cheat tonight which I'm really going to enjoy even though I have man flu. 

Anyway cardio beckons and training too.........

On 7/28/2016 at 5:20 PM, James Llewellin said:

Hi james, I have been following your log with interest. I'm a bit confused by one or two statements in regards to your supplement intake or lack thereof. You then go on to talk about your low PED use in comparison to others. I personally see supplements as nothing more than the consumption of nutrients to help support your daily dietary intake. I myself as a natural lifter see these supplements as a aid to cover the nutritional needs of the body when a regime of resistance training is undertaken. Sups like ZMA for example. Do you feel PED use negates the need to use these supplements or are you 100% sure you are giving your body everything it needs through food alone?  

I have always believed that during a resistance training session the bloodsugars/glycogen levels become less and less and are gradually depleted the longer the training session goes on. I'm interested to know how you measure your blood sugar levels when training from fasted during your workout. I used to train fasted first thing in the morning in an attempt to burn fat deposits. I found training like this fooled the body into a survival state/starvation state which IMO was detrimental to my goal at that time. The goal being to build muscle and reduce body fat levels simultaneously. A simple drop in caloric intake week on week is far more effective IMO.

I can appreciate that the difference between training as a pro and the everyday intermediate levels will have a different approach, however I feel the fundamentals will remain the same in terms of body recomposition. 

Your thoughts and any help on the subject will be appreciated.      

10 minutes ago, Natty Steve'o said:

Hi james, I have been following your log with interest. I'm a bit confused by one or two statements in regards to your supplement intake or lack thereof. You then go on to talk about your low PED use in comparison to others. I personally see supplements as nothing more than the consumption of nutrients to help support your daily dietary intake. I myself as a natural lifter see these supplements as a aid to cover the nutritional needs of the body when a regime of resistance training is undertaken. Sups like ZMA for example. Do you feel PED use negates the need to use these supplements or are you 100% sure you are giving your body everything it needs through food alone?  

I have always believed that during a resistance training session the bloodsugars/glycogen levels become less and less and are gradually depleted the longer the training session goes on. I'm interested to know how you measure your blood sugar levels when training from fasted during your workout. I used to train fasted first thing in the morning in an attempt to burn fat deposits. I found training like this fooled the body into a survival state/starvation state which IMO was detrimental to my goal at that time. The goal being to build muscle and reduce body fat levels simultaneously. A simple drop in caloric intake week on week is far more effective IMO.

I can appreciate that the difference between training as a pro and the everyday intermediate levels will have a different approach, however I feel the fundamentals will remain the same in terms of body recomposition. 

Your thoughts and any help on the subject will be appreciated.      

Hi mate, 

I eat a pretty balanced diet. Every day I eat eggs, chicken, steak, salmon, yogurt, nuts, rice pasta, bread, olive oil, fruit, veg etc. I get everything I need. 

Supplemevts are are there to supplement, nothing more and of course I get more out of my nutrients than a natural guy like yourself. 

I monitor my BG levels with my BG meter I have and my levels stay around 4.8-5.2mmol throughout my workout. 

I have never ever been a BIG supplement user, I just don't buy into the bullshit claims of supplement companies who want you to spend your hard earned cash on something that will not make one bit of difference to your physique. 

As a natural athlete I understand you are looking for an edge with supplements but the simple truth is, you won't notice a huge difference with or without. Hence my uni prep. I want to show people a BETTER physique without supps 

I also have a pretty good all round balanced diet which consists of mainly whole foods, fresh produce, fruit, veg, meats, eggs nuts, pulses, fish, dairy, etc etc. I have always been a strong advocate of the healthy balanced diet approach. The supplements I use are used quite sparingly in comparison to what others have mentioned on the here. Sups :

Whey

ZMA

Fish oil

Creatine mono.

I normally only include these post training as a replenishment strategy. I then revert back to my normal diet.

I wish you the best of luck mate. 

35 minutes ago, Natty Steve'o said:

I also have a pretty good all round balanced diet which consists of mainly whole foods, fresh produce, fruit, veg, meats, eggs nuts, pulses, fish, dairy, etc etc. I have always been a strong advocate of the healthy balanced diet approach. The supplements I use are used quite sparingly in comparison to what others have mentioned on the here. Sups :

Whey

ZMA

Fish oil

Creatine mono.

I normally only include these post training as a replenishment strategy. I then revert back to my normal diet.

I wish you the best of luck mate. 

Can I ask why you use ZMA? 

Just incase i'm deficient....

Research shows that there are benefits in sleep, recovery, muscle mass, immune system, increased anabolic hormone levels etc etc. probably all BS but its worth a punt imo. 

http://www.nutritionexpress.com/article+index/vitamins+supplements+a-z/zma/showarticle.aspx?id=62

Edit: 

On a personal note I can and do feel the difference when taking it against spells when I don't take it.

5 minutes ago, Natty Steve'o said:

Just incase i'm deficient....

Research shows that there are benefits in sleep, recovery, muscle mass, immune system, increased anabolic hormone levels etc etc. probably all BS but its worth a punt imo. 

http://www.nutritionexpress.com/article+index/vitamins+supplements+a-z/zma/showarticle.aspx?id=62

Edit: 

On a personal note I can and do feel the difference when taking it against spells when I don't take it.

I'm sure that it does have a small benefit as zinc in an important element ESP I would guess in test production and would surely help to optimise it which for you would be important. However as a sleep aid it's been proven to be untrue. 

The thing is with any supplement or infact PED you do genuinely get a placebo effect, so this maybe what you are feeling so in a roundabout way it is actually benefitting you  

1 minute ago, James Llewellin said:

I'm sure that it does have a small benefit as zinc in an important element ESP I would guess in test production and would surely help to optimise it which for you would be important. However as a sleep aid it's been proven to be untrue. 

The thing is with any supplement or infact PED you do genuinely get a placebo effect, so this maybe what you are feeling so in a roundabout way it is actually benefitting you  

Its defo not placebo mate lol.

As for the sleep benefit I don't see any real difference as I generally sleep well anyway.     

3 minutes ago, Natty Steve'o said:

Its defo not placebo mate lol.

As for the sleep benefit I don't see any real difference as I generally sleep well anyway.     

Take a read of this 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129161/

unfortunately most studies are carried out or funded by the very companies that are selling the supplements. 

As you can see I'm a huge sceptic 

however whey protein and creatine have both been proven to do exactly what they say on the tin. 

It gives me a bigger load so it must do something ;)    

If taking it rejuvenates my naturall levels that is good enough for me :D. A 12-17% increas may be the difference between being within the "low"  and the "high" end of normal range.  

Grey placebo 

Black ZMA

1550-2783-1-2-12-1.jpg