Sign in to follow this  
alwaysmassive78

Ruptured Distal Biceps Tendon

Hi guys. I'm 38 (and have torn a pec, partial ligament tear off the spine- both healed well on their own)- now though I've torn my biceps (towards the elbow) leaving approx a 2 inch gap. Should find out when surgery will be tomorrow, advised should be within a week. Can't supinate my arm or straighten it at present- I'm told it may be 4-6 months before I'm back training- any advice on peptide use, or any other ideas of how I can aid recovery? Also what can I train? The doc said anything without using that arm- leaves just legs and abs really. Wasn't doing anything unusual, in fact had warmed up etc and was doing 230kg deadlifts- 5th rep and popped and ripped. Could I train somewhat with straps? Advise leave area alone? Any help would be appreciated- heard of cases of less time but others of 9-10 months. Longest out the gym before I believe was a week. Heard great things about peptides for this kind of thing. 

7 minutes ago, Simon 88 said:

I think @Pscarb will be the guy to advise you here pal.

Wasn't sure how to link in after you suggested- read many of his posts prior to joining properly and does seem to know his stuff! Thanks for your support. Will keep track of your progress (with unashamed envy lol). Just the thought of not training is a nightmare to be honest. If it's only legs, that will have to do! 

2 minutes ago, alwaysmassive78 said:

Wasn't sure how to link in after you suggested- read many of his posts prior to joining properly and does seem to know his stuff! Thanks for your support. Will keep track of your progress (with unashamed envy lol). Just the thought of not training is a nightmare to be honest. If it's only legs, that will have to do! 

BPC 157 has been amazing for my tendinitis, might be beneficial. But my knowledge and understanding isn't sufficient when in comes to substantial injuries such as yours.

thanks pal, your knowledge and tips have been much appreciated. 

Pleasure as always!  you have a great build as it is- but the fact you're constantly striving to improve shows great character. My injury is a blip- painful and mentally a blow but the fact I was 100% upfront with the NHS and still had nothing but support from them (always had a massive amount of respect for them all) was a surprise. Possibly the fact I told them everything without holding back on it, gave them my history, my reasons for wanting surgery etc made a difference. Hopefully there won't be any issues! 

8 hours ago, alwaysmassive78 said:

Hi guys. I'm 38 (and have torn a pec, partial ligament tear off the spine- both healed well on their own)- now though I've torn my biceps (towards the elbow) leaving approx a 2 inch gap. Should find out when surgery will be tomorrow, advised should be within a week. Can't supinate my arm or straighten it at present- I'm told it may be 4-6 months before I'm back training- any advice on peptide use, or any other ideas of how I can aid recovery? Also what can I train? The doc said anything without using that arm- leaves just legs and abs really. Wasn't doing anything unusual, in fact had warmed up etc and was doing 230kg deadlifts- 5th rep and popped and ripped. Could I train somewhat with straps? Advise leave area alone? Any help would be appreciated- heard of cases of less time but others of 9-10 months. Longest out the gym before I believe was a week. Heard great things about peptides for this kind of thing. 

thats not a good run you have had with injuries mate......

ok because you will be using these post surgery you need to leave it 10-14 days so that the body can deal with the initial shock (i have had people use peptides straight away and it makes zero difference)

Deca 200mg per week, there have been studies on burn victims to show it assists with cell regeneration this will assist with the overall recovery.....

To go along with the Deca i would look at GHRH/GHRP peptides protocol along with TB4 (Thymosin Beta 4)

TB4 will reduce the inflammation so that healing can start earlier and be more effective, the GHRP/GHRH peptide stack will release your own natural GH to assist with healing......

i would suggest the following

Front load TB4 Day 1 - 4mg Day 2 - 6mg Day 3 - 6mg

then 2-4mg per week moving forward...

GHRP/GHRH 100mcg of Ipremalin & 100mcg Mod GRF 1-29 x 5 per day making sure you do not eat a high fat/carb meal an hour before or 20min after injection.

GHRP-2 is more effective than IPAM but raises cortisol and this is what you do not need when recovering.

hope this helps buddy

44 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

ok because you will be using these post surgery you need to leave it 10-14 days so that the body can deal with the initial shock (i have had people use peptides straight away and it makes zero difference)

Deca 200mg per week, there have been studies on burn victims to show it assists with cell regeneration this will assist with the overall recovery.....

To go along with the Deca i would look at GHRH/GHRP peptides protocol along with TB4 (Thymosin Beta 4)

TB4 will reduce the inflammation so that healing can start earlier and be more effective, the GHRP/GHRH peptide stack will release your own natural GH to assist with healing......

GHRP/GHRH 100mcg of Ipremalin & 100mcg Mod GRF 1-29 x 5 per day making sure you do not eat a high fat/carb meal an hour before or 20min after injection.

GHRP-2 is more effective than IPAM but raises cortisol and this is what you do not need when recovering.

hope this helps buddy

More than helpful- greatly appreciated! I've got a 2 year old I can't pick up properly at the moment as well as obviously a strong commitment to the gym- even if it only made 1% difference (I should think it'll make a lot more than that though) it's worth a LOT to me. Will follow what you've laid out to the letter- cheers mate- been up all night as bicep (the remaining part) flexing by itself every other minute and quite painful. 

Thank you simon88 for helping out as well- glad to be on this forum and more active as I've been reading up for years- guys on here are brilliant- none of this flaming and criticising you see elsewhere. And Pscarb- I've seen many of your posts previously- thank you for taking the time out for a newbie (to UKM)- on a lot of codeine so rambling now! 

Cheers mate- going to train what I can- although arm will be restricted in a cast (probably wise). Having seen your high volume training and the results of it, that's where I'll be moving to- majority of these kind of injuries happen to men over 35- 3% only at the lower part like mine and it's rare anyway (some 3/4 in every 100,000 people). Should get 90% strength back after 6-8 months but with the above I'm hoping sooner!

On 4/10/2016 at 8:07 AM, Pscarb said:

hope this helps buddy

Does anyone know what sort of duration the above should be run for recovery?