UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

warning...nitrate headache from hell help plz

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  didsmith 
#1 ·
ok no laughing chaps...tried to knock up a pre workout pump from stand-alone ingredients and seriously mucked it up

got the caffeine right 350 mil very nice got the nitrates badly badly wrong 6 grams citrulline malate 2.1 combined with 1.5 grammes creatine nitrate..oh dear god..only just recovered after 4 days from the headache from hell...really really not good lol

now was it the creatine that blew my head off? or did i just royally screw up the amounts?

am tempted to drop the amounts by half and start again but is mixing cit malate with creatine nitrate just a spectacularly bad idea?

many thanks

#2 ·
ok no laughing chaps...tried to knock up a pre workout pump from stand-alone ingredients and seriously mucked it up

got the caffeine right 350 mil very nice got the nitrates badly badly wrong 6 grams citrulline malate 2.1 combined with 1.5 grammes creatine nitrate..oh dear god..only just recovered after 4 days from the headache from hell...really really not good lol

now was it the creatine that blew my head off? or did i just royally screw up the amounts?

am tempted to drop the amounts by half and start again but is mixing cit malate with creatine nitrate just a spectacularly bad idea?

many thanks
I dose up to 600mg caffeine, 2g creatine nitrate, 8g citrulline 2:1 and a few other things for more pumps and have no issues regarding headaches. 1g creatine nitrate is around 300mg nitrate iirc. Possibility you didn't weigh the nitrate properly? I use scales accurate to 1mg.

#3 ·
thanks ross..my dosages might not have been 100% spot on but the doses your taking seriously knock mine on the head..so perhaps it just me with some low tolerance to nitrates...will deffo keep experimenting with the doses...just so much cheaper to do...and start a bit lower from now on lol...thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.