Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bottleneck25

Ufc vs boxing

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, superdrol said:

Yeah floyd doesn't pay anyone anything, your right lol

and again your missing the point with regard to how far along from inception each sport is, UFC will keep growing... Boxing is unfortunately stagnant to some degree, where's the next floyd? Does floyd promote them? Dana is growing the UFC, floyd is out for himself

big difference, Mayweather was a master promoter....and although McGregor is similar, by the time the UFC has possibly taken over boxing, McGregor could be toward end of his career or suffered a few defeats where he isn't a big star anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, barsnack said:

big difference, Mayweather was a master promoter....and although McGregor is similar, by the time the UFC has possibly taken over boxing, McGregor could be toward end of his career or suffered a few defeats where he isn't a big star anymore

I agree but more will come now he's set the benchmark, Brock lesnar was the first but injury stopped that, there's a whole new generation of UFC contenders in the making, as I said earlier UFC is growing, boxing has peaked to some degree (you have somewhat agreed with me as well)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, superdrol said:

I agree but more will come now he's set the benchmark, Brock lesnar was the first but injury stopped that, there's a whole new generation of UFC contenders in the making, as I said earlier UFC is growing, boxing has peaked to some degree (you have somewhat agreed with me as well)

Boxing is dying slowly...sad to watch...it'll get worse....UFC rightfully is gaining ground....one thing about he UFC, there isn't an awful lot of stars really...McGregor and Rousey are the only two cross over stars...and rousey if she cant beat holm in a rematch, will likely retire....McGregor, is fine..can actually see him beating RDA, but to compete with Mayweather's / Pacman numbers, impossible....Mayweather vs Pacman, was more than a fight, it was good vs evil, technician against the brawler...Mayweather learnt, turning himself into a villain, would be more lucatrative...Mcgregor might be hated by some, but loved by more...there just wont be anyone to help push Mcgregors numbers up like Pacman did with mayweather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13 February 2016 at 11:30 PM, superdrol said:

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one... MMA is about being well rounded at all aspects of fighting including 'silly' choke holds, you obviously never done one or been in one because of you had you'd know there's way more technique to it than you'll ever grasp ;) as for kicking someone in the head, most human beings can't even get there feet that high, but anyone can punch someone, but I won't slag off any fighting styles as they all have to be proper athletes to perform at the levels we all want to watch :) 

Hahahahaha I love that opinions are like arsehole haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, barsnack said:

how you see it playing out....I've literally on idea....true 50 / 50....there face to face on sky sports 2 yesterday was pretty funny...I like Quigg, but he aint the smartest

After predicting Fielding would beat Callum Smith, I am loathe to stick my neck on the line again, reputation has gone already!!

Quigg will be too big and will KO Frampton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Huntingground said:

After predicting Fielding would beat Callum Smith, I am loathe to stick my neck on the line again, reputation has gone already!!

Quigg will be too big and will KO Frampton.

think their last fights have definetly swayed it in Quiggs favour.....but im going with Frampton by UD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, barsnack said:

think their last fights have definetly swayed it in Quiggs favour.....but im going with Frampton by UD

Frampton the better boxer off back foot, showed so many flaws in last fight with a weakness on his whiskers too.

Quigg demolished Kiko and was very impressive in doing so.

I think Quigg will force Carl onto back foot and will overpower him.

Quigg came across as braindead on the face-to-face but, disappointingly, Carl lacked personality too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Huntingground said:

Frampton the better boxer off back foot, showed so many flaws in last fight with a weakness on his whiskers too.

Quigg demolished Kiko and was very impressive in doing so.

I think Quigg will force Carl onto back foot and will overpower him.

Quigg came across as braindead on the face-to-face but, disappointingly, Carl lacked personality too.

think the problem between them, is they obviously have a lot of respect for eachother, and probably get on quite well...goinna be great either way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×