Sign in to follow this  
FelonE

Anyone competed in NABBA First Timers?

Guy who works at the gym (has competed himself)told me I should do it this year and entry closes in a week. Just wondered if anyone here has done it?

It all about trial and error. My wife competed in NABBA twice and twice they moved her to a different cat. (she was carrying a decent amount of muscle but still within womens toned) they moved her up to the big guns and she placed 4/6.

Obv I would have a biased opinion but she would have won or at least placed top 3 in the fitness class as many others also agreed thats where she should have stayed. But there rules not hers.

I am always skeptic about these shows. You always see people who deserved a better place being robbed.

That said she enjoyed it but wont do it again. Absolute mind fuk after show with food and diet.. I thought I had it hard dieting when I was competing(MMA) but BB is different..

you cannot determine by looking at pictures from other shows where you will place, 1st timers is a tough class but then why would you want to compete in an easy class? i have seen smaller better balanced shredded guys beat bigger guys who maybe have not got the same balance and look to their physiques....

i am a NABBA judge and one thing is for sure the biggest or the most shredded does not mean you will automatically win a show or place high as the judges are looking for Mass/Condition and balance in a competitor the problem with placing/results come when family members, loved ones or friends only see the best in your physique and the worst in everybody else's physique........as a judge you have to take it all in to consideration.........

dont knock yourself to much before even giving it a try buddy

I competed in the NABBA North first timers 2013.

Used it as a motivator to get on stage, looking back I wish i never did it, as I was no where near ready, but still did it anyway.

Its always a big & varied class. Might have guys who have been training 15 years and have never competed.

Might have someone who has been training 1 year.

If you've never competed before, but want to, i'd recommend you just take the plunge and do it.

Just dip yer toe pal I done it with only ten months bodybuilding training just to see if I could do it was a massive experience and even bigger learning curve as long as you truly give 100% you can't say any better than that it mainly taught me how not to prep next time which for me will be Aug 21st ukbff in leeds

Fvck it I'll give it my best shot