scallo

What Carb Intra workout?

I'm training twice a day a few days of the week now due to rejoining kickboxing. I'm  Looking to buy a Intra carb powder for my weights sessions  to help recovery but don't know which one to use,any suggestions? 

1 minute ago, andyboro said:

Hbcd is my choice.. seemingly slightly better than wms and a comparable price.

You could add some bcaa or peptopro too

Comparable price? Where do you purchase from mate? I've wanted to try HBCD but can't justify the price, WMS can get 4kg for the price of 1kg HBCD.

Hbcd is my choice.. seemingly slightly better than wms and a comparable price.

You could add some bcaa or peptopro too

Comparable price? Where do you purchase from mate? I've wanted to try HBCD but can't justify the price, WMS can get 4kg for the price of 1kg HBCD.

Went and checked and that was a complete lie! Lol

Its more or less 3 times the price.. apologies.

On 1/8/2016 at 10:04 PM, scallo said:

I'm training twice a day a few days of the week now due to rejoining kickboxing. I'm  Looking to buy a Intra carb powder for my weights sessions  to help recovery but don't know which one to use,any suggestions? 

Intra Workout the best carb is Cyclic Dextrin. It's very fast acting, and perfect for intra or post workout: http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/pure-highly-branched-cyclic-dextrin-cluster-dextrinr

On 1/8/2016 at 10:21 PM, Ross1991 said:

50% off today with code CYCLIC50 mate - if that tempts you and makes the price work? Hope that helps buddy.

Personally I'd more be considering intra workout carbs for LONG workouts, rather than because you are training twice per day. For the latter I'd more be looking at consuming enough carbs between the two workouts, with getting a decent amount of carbs soon after first workout being a good idea for once. If you want a quickly absorbed carb source then I'd personally just in for dextrose given how much cheaper it is than Vitargo or HBCD. Don't bother with WMS:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/setting-the-record-straight-on-the-waxy-maize-craze/

I would think you'd need to be running at least a half marathon or some other similar endurance type race/workout in order to require intra carb drinks, apart from that if you're not in a calorie deficit I don't see any real need for extra carbs mid workout, 

I also love carbs while training. I have felt that some carbs make me lethargic and tired half way through. Vitargo with Energade /powerade with added bcaa/betaalinine/creatine and so on works quite well. I haven't tried the waxy maize though. Maybe also a good idea as I have seen vitargo quite expensive. And even buying the concentrated energade is pricey. Before and between training you should eat more carbs like rice, oats or potato. Will aid and pumps will be better than just relying on a shake ye.

On 07/01/2016 at 10:04 PM, scallo said:

Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin mate, despite what has been said above, its not "just a sugar" i have it with all my intra and post workout shakes, it's an extremely good carb source.

On 7 January 2016 at 10:21 PM, Ross1991 said:

Gotta wait for the deals mate if you wanna buy hbcd and you're a peasant like me!!!

I know a few people who use a combination of Vitargo and Peptopro but I've not tried it myself. I have been using HydraCarbs (HBCD) from a company called Genetic supplements (I'm not affiliated in any way) for the last couple of months which is a bit pricy but definitely helps me get through a session, especially while on a calorie deficit. The blackcurrent flavour tastes a bit medicinal though, a bit like kids Calpol.