bigD29

Grandparents telling your kids off?

38 minutes ago, Drogon said:

They aren't slaves.

they should be allowed a certain degree of choice and freedom otherwise how can they develop without just becoming a product of whatever is ingrained into them

society today and all its problems are down to libtard parents and politically correct fuckwits trying to treat children as adults.

Kids these days dont seem to have boundaries.

My grandson is a pain in the fu**ing arse, hes two , he cant sp[eak a fu**ing word, he screams all the time because his idiotic mother does nothing else but scream, he walks round holding a Rasta talking doll to his ear, kid will end up speaking like a dumbass rapper before he talks properly, they just allow him to run riot where ever he is, she says he can do what he likes as long as hes not in danger, well, not in my fu**ing house he cant.

fu**ing wasters.

4 minutes ago, banzi said:

society today and all its problems are down to libtard parents and politically correct fuckwits trying to treat children as adults.

My grandson is a pain in the fu**ing arse, hes two , he cant sp[eak a fu**ing word, he screams all the time because his idiotic mother does nothing else but scream, he walks round holding a Rasta talking doll to his ear, kid will end up speaking like a dumbass rapper before he talks properly, they just allow him to run riot where ever he is, she says he can do what he likes as long as hes not in danger, well, not in my fu**ing house he cant.

fu**ing wasters.

Never said they can do what they like, misbehave or act inappropriately.

just disagree with the "seen and not heard" and of being told they can't make (or influence) decisions and should follow parents orders (obv reasonable ones but not like slaves)

Obviously a personal issue for yourself, so don't want to comment on what I don't personally know, but as you say, all the mother does is scream etc so what do you expect from the kid...

Loads of charismatic, articulate young children that are well behaved and not small soldiers following orders.

2 minutes ago, Drogon said:

just disagree with the "seen and not heard" and of being told they can't make (or influence) decisions and should follow issues.

Obviously a personal issue for yourself, so don't want to comment on what I don't personally know, but as you say, all the mother does is scream etc so what do you expect from the kid...

Loads of charismatic, articulate young children that are well behaved and not small soldiers following orders.

what do you think of this kid?

51 minutes ago, Drogon said:

They aren't slaves.

they should be allowed a certain degree of choice and freedom otherwise how can they develop without just becoming a product of whatever is ingrained into them

Their choices are limited so they know it's not all about them..instinctively children are selfish and see no other world but their own if u don't reign that in quickly u have a brat on ur hands. My 2 and half year old has no choice on some matters like what she eats and limited on others like what she wears....jeans or dress as opposed to what do u want to wear. 

Just now, DatGuy said:

I don't know if he needs a slap for thinking he's a big man or medal for bein so disrespectful and cute at the same time

Kid needs telling to shut up and go to his room, adults shouldnt be wasting time trying to reason with a brat like that.

just disagree with the "seen and not heard" and of being told they can't make (or influence) decisions and should follow issues.

I'd drop kick that little fucker half way across the house!!

1 minute ago, DatGuy said:

If he was screaming, having a tantrum and dribbling all over himself but he seems quite an intelligent and articulate little boy. I'd be inclined to have a bit more patience with him

a bit more, but not a lot.

9 minutes ago, Skye666 said:

Their choices are limited so they know it's not all about them..instinctively children are selfish and see no other world but their own if u don't reign that in quickly u have a brat on ur hands. My 2 and half year old has no choice on some matters like what she eats and limited on others like what she wears....jeans or dress as opposed to what do u want to wear. 

People just take things to the extreme...did I say let them live their own lives completely? :lol: 

A parent should excercise their control over a child to guide them...not to order them around so they don't cause trouble.

tfw when you say children should be allowed to have a little choice/freedom in their decisions and instantly everyone thinks you let them run wild :lol:

For example, the typical middle aged power mad dad who was chit at football in his life but forces the child to get into it/play every week to make up for his own lack

The child doesn't want too, yet he puts pressure and effectively orders/forced the kid to play. Stuff like that. See it everytime I go to my brothers' school

26 minutes ago, banzi said:

fu**ing wasters.

Hahahah ...just gold!!! 

The simple rule I have with my parents is if they are looking after my 6 year old they can tell him off but no physical punishment.

When I'm there it is my responsibility (and my other half) to chastise if required.

My mum especially will speak up to me of she thinks I'm letting him get away with too much...It's never happened. :lol:

24 minutes ago, banzi said:

I think he's pretty cute.

Obviously bright, it's not about actual physical punishment.l as most dim-witted trenned up members on here suggest.

The mom is making the mistake by arguing with a kid (why would you, you think they get the idea?). At the end of the day, she controls the food, and therefore she should just state that and he's not having cupcakes for dinner and not give them.

If he kicks off and starts misbehaving badly then yeah, send him to his room or something.

23 minutes ago, Drogon said:

just disagree with the "seen and not heard" and of being told they can't make (or influence) decisions and should follow parents orders (obv reasonable ones but not like slaves)

Show me these kids these days...mines well behaved and no matter where we go they comment u know  why...she gets told before we get out the car what she can and cannot do..she has a bottle of water there's no screaming for a crap juice, and she has toys to play with whilst I sip my coffee in peace..no running around the place chasing her. The other kids I see in the same building are not doing that. 

1 hour ago, Varg said:

OP doesn't say how quick things happened but when my in laws shouted at my daughter we hadn't even had chance to say anything, they dived straight in!

Also, telling off is one thing, shouting is another.

Same as! The mrs was there I wasn't and he went off shouting before she could say anything.

1 minute ago, Skye666 said:

Show me these kids these days...mines well behaved and no matter where we go they comment u know  why...she gets told before we get out the car what she can and cannot do..she has a bottle of water there's no screaming for a crap juice, and she has toys to play with whilst I sip my coffee in peace..no running around the place chasing her. The other kids I see in the same building are not doing that. 

So the millions and million of kids in the world, are summed up by your child and the "other kids you see", really?

7 minutes ago, Drogon said:

People just take things to the extreme...did I say let them live their own lives completely? :lol: 

A parent should excercise their control over a child to guide them...not to order them around so they don't cause trouble.

tfw when you say children should be allowed to have a little choice/freedom in their decisions and instantly everyone thinks you let them run wild :lol:

For example, the typical middle aged power mad dad who was chit at football in his life but forces the child to get into it/play every week to make up for his own lack

The child doesn't want too, yet he puts pressure and effectively orders/forced the kid to play. Stuff like that. See it everytime I go to my brothers' school

I bet ur dad forced u to go legal :tongue:

3 hours ago, bigD29 said:

Whats your thoughts on grandparents telling  your kids off? My wifes dad shouted at my son last night as he was a bit naughty even though my wife was there. He shouted at my son "to get out the house" He is 4 years old. Im not best pleased to be honest and its left me wondering weather or not grandparents should be telling there grandchildren off in such a manner especially when the parents are there. Whats your thoughts on this?

May be his patience ran out?. I think no one would react in this manner on the very first instance.

1 minute ago, Drogon said:

So the millions and million of kids in the world, are summed up by your child and the "other kids you see", really?

No course not but the majority don't behave anymore ...we live in a very worrying generation I think

5 minutes ago, Skye666 said:

I bet ur dad forced u to go legal :tongue:

My dad is a delivery driver, none of my parents went to uni or are academically qualified, and yet would be happy/support any decision I made or anything I pursued.

Proud if I went to uni/followed law, proud if I dropped out and worked in a gym. As long as I'm happy with my choice

38 minutes ago, banzi said:

You don't give a child an audience to explain why it wasn't really his fault or why you are wrong. 

You do explain clearly, in an age appropriate way what they did wrong to earn the sanction they are about to experience.

23 minutes ago, Drogon said:

I think he's pretty cute.

Obviously bright, it's not about actual physical punishment.l as most dim-witted trenned up members on here suggest.

The mom is making the mistake by arguing with a kid (why would you, you think they get the idea?). At the end of the day, she controls the food, and therefore she should just state that and he's not having cupcakes for dinner and not give them.

If he kicks off and starts misbehaving badly then yeah, send him to his room or something.

kid is being deceitful and manipulative, not traits that are appreciated in a well rounded adult.

He needs telling exactly what hes done wrong and then end the discussion there.

8 minutes ago, Lotte said:

You don't give a child an audience to explain why it wasn't really his fault or why you are wrong. 

You do explain clearly, in an age appropriate way what they did wrong to earn the sanction they are about to experience.

in that instance the mother did but he kept ignoring her and waffling on, at that point the conversation should have ended.

I actually agree with you????   :)