Sign in to follow this  
RepsForJesus

Nate Diaz v Conor McGregor

Connor had the fight IMO but nate is one tough Guy who could take dmg brilliantly and he was lucky as fuk when he landed a nice punch on connor that wasnt even intended to, connor BASICLY went to his fist with all his weight and ate it, then wobbled and the next 15 seconds Are history.

I honestly believe nate had not much more to take despite he did a great flight and played better his cards, Conor was closer than a lot can see.

1 hour ago, ironman1985bcn said:

Connor had the fight IMO but nate is one tough Guy who could take dmg brilliantly and he was lucky as fuk when he landed a nice punch on connor that wasnt even intended to, connor BASICLY went to his fist with all his weight and ate it, then wobbled and the next 15 seconds Are history.

I honestly believe nate had not much more to take despite he did a great flight and played better his cards, Conor was closer than a lot can see.

Disagree. That's how Diaz fights. Look at his fights with Johnson, Cowboy, Dong, even against dos Anjos he showcased his durability. He's a slow starter and is hittable, but very durable and throws a lot of volume. He has cardio for days and his high volume boxing is what wears people down. Conor is the same in the sense that he likes to throw a lot of volume - fast chopping, varied strikes that accumulate over a period of time. His KO of Aldo was not the norm. His wins over Mendes, Brandao and Siver are more typical McGregor, making guys crumble. It's harder to do that to a bigger man like Nate and Conor's durability and ability to take shots over a sustained period had never been truly put to the test. Conor is a good front runner, but as evidenced in this fight, seems to wilt if he can't put someone away and they keep coming at him.

Nate was bloodied, but as Mike Goldberg alluded, he has a lot of scar tissue and tends to cut easily. It was mostly superficial. Nate's legs didn't start to go like Conor's did.

It was a terrible match up for Conor and a poor approach. I thought Conor would look to be more mobile but as I said before, I think the tables turned psychologically this time and it was Conor that let Nate get into his head. Conor stood in front of Nate too much, thinking he could beat him at his own game and obviously he failed. I just watched the fight again and Conor missed a heck of a lot of strikes, he was definitely struggling with the distange and range of Diaz.

I'm liking the way Conor is dealing with the loss though. People thought it would crush him like Rousey, but he doesn't have that fragile mentality. His trash-talk and bravado sell fights. He is of the Chael Sonnen mould. He never had an unblemished record to protect and he doesn't honestly believe weight doesn't matter. Obviously skill can beat size and has done before. Fedor dominated despite being a lot smaller than most of his opponents. Johnny-come-lately fans never understand why BJ Penn is considered a legend but he did the impossible and held both LW and WW titles at the same time.

Aldo and Edgar may very well beat him. Edgar especially, considering how durable he is and how good a wrestler he is.

15 hours ago, toecutter said:

Disagree. That's how Diaz fights. Look at his fights with Johnson, Cowboy, Dong, even against dos Anjos he showcased his durability. He's a slow starter and is hittable, but very durable and throws a lot of volume. He has cardio for days and his high volume boxing is what wears people down. Conor is the same in the sense that he likes to throw a lot of volume - fast chopping, varied strikes that accumulate over a period of time. His KO of Aldo was not the norm. His wins over Mendes, Brandao and Siver are more typical McGregor, making guys crumble. It's harder to do that to a bigger man like Nate and Conor's durability and ability to take shots over a sustained period had never been truly put to the test. Conor is a good front runner, but as evidenced in this fight, seems to wilt if he can't put someone away and they keep coming at him.

Nate was bloodied, but as Mike Goldberg alluded, he has a lot of scar tissue and tends to cut easily. It was mostly superficial. Nate's legs didn't start to go like Conor's did.

It was a terrible match up for Conor and a poor approach. I thought Conor would look to be more mobile but as I said before, I think the tables turned psychologically this time and it was Conor that let Nate get into his head. Conor stood in front of Nate too much, thinking he could beat him at his own game and obviously he failed. I just watched the fight again and Conor missed a heck of a lot of strikes, he was definitely struggling with the distange and range of Diaz.

I'm liking the way Conor is dealing with the loss though. People thought it would crush him like Rousey, but he doesn't have that fragile mentality. His trash-talk and bravado sell fights. He is of the Chael Sonnen mould. He never had an unblemished record to protect and he doesn't honestly believe weight doesn't matter. Obviously skill can beat size and has done before. Fedor dominated despite being a lot smaller than most of his opponents. Johnny-come-lately fans never understand why BJ Penn is considered a legend but he did the impossible and held both LW and WW titles at the same time.

Aldo and Edgar may very well beat him. Edgar especially, considering how durable he is and how good a wrestler he is.

good analysis.....Think the defeat will be the best thing that ever happens to McGregor....He needs to train more on BJJ and Wrestling, and put the movement stuff to the side, or feature it on a minor level....McGregor tried to put him away in the first, but the jump up on weight in such a quick space of time, meant his body couldn't adapt to the fitness levels....I still think Mcgregor, if allowed to grow naturally in to the bigger weights, he'll do well at lightweight (only RDA I see has having the edge over him)....but one things defeinte, he needs to work on his right side, throws absolutely nothing from there....And there was no angled movement, like Cruz or Dillashaw...just stood in front of Diaz.....overall, he got beat by his own arrogance, which is great for him as a fighter.....But kudo's for Diaz, im a massive fan of his, so great he's starting to get the big fights now....him and RDA, probably end up the same as their first, as RDA reads a fight and adapts better than Mcgregor

I still think he'll beat everyone at featherweight, with Edgar being the only obstacle...wouldn't be surprised if it went either way, but I give Mcgregor the upperhand (just)

I think he didn't take into consideration that the extra weight would tire him quicker. He needs to go back and defend his belt, wipe that division out then move up weights but at a slower pace. Conor is naturally 160 to 170 according to his coach. He should regain the weight, and get used to it, train with it, including cardio, get used to carrying it then try again. I bet things will be different. I still say hats off to him for trying :) 

1 minute ago, Pinky said:

I think he didn't take into consideration that the extra weight would tire him quicker. He needs to go back and defend his belt, wipe that division out then move up weights but at a slower pace. Conor is naturally 160 to 170 according to his coach. He should regain the weight, and get used to it, train with it, including cardio, get used to carrying it then try again. I bet things will be different. I still say hats off to him for trying :) 

Yeah that sthe best thing about McGregor, he's willing to do what no one else with....I'm beginning to develop a real hatred for Brazilian fighters...especially Aldo and that w**ker Werdum

22 hours ago, coke said:

Holm vs Rousey should be the next fight for them.

Tate vs Nunes makes sense

Exactly.  How does rousey get straight to a world title shot after a comprehensive defeat ? ( and she already beat tate twice quite easy . ) it's wrong but with Conor losing they need that money train back on track hence rou usay gets the world title back .  Surely tate shoukd face someone else whilst holms/ rousay have a rematch to challenge for world title . 

Its wrong how they just pick and choose these things , rousay will be rushing back in the gym now. ..wins then probably retires and does films etc

9 minutes ago, Pinky said:

Yeah agree took balls to move up the weights to fight for initially the title.  But all them have balls for doing such a sport to be honest 

36 minutes ago, HammerHarris said:

Yeah agree took balls to move up the weights to fight for initially the title.  But all them have balls for doing such a sport to be honest 

Totally agree, takes a special sort of human imo to place yourself in a situation where you could you a55 battered.

41 minutes ago, barsnack said:

Yeah that sthe best thing about McGregor, he's willing to do what no one else with....I'm beginning to develop a real hatred for Brazilian fighters...especially Aldo and that w**ker Werdum

Im a huge conor fan anyway so i am biased haha but i think this has done him a favor, he took the a55 whipping like a champ (he took it better than i expected him to tbh) He will go away and learn from it and come back stronger. It was a learning curve for him, bit like a taster so he know what he needs to do if he goes up a weight seriously. 

He needs to brush up on his floor skills tho as potential opponents have now seen that's his weak spot and they will use it against him.

Tate was a good fight too, i knew she stood a good chance but dammmm i didn't think think she'd choke her unconscious :/  

2 minutes ago, Pinky said:

Totally agree, takes a special sort of human imo to place yourself in a situation where you could you a55 battered.

Im a huge conor fan anyway so i am biased haha but i think this has done him a favor, he took the a55 whipping like a champ (he took it better than i expected him to tbh) He will go away and learn from it and come back stronger. It was a learning curve for him, bit like a taster so he know what he needs to do if he goes up a weight seriously. 

He needs to brush up on his floor skills tho as potential opponents have now seen that's his weak spot and they will use it against him.

Tate was a good fight too, i knew she stood a good chance but dammmm i didn't think think she'd choke her unconscious :/  

I was buzzing for Tate, probably one of my favourite wins in a long time....It sa nice little triangle developing now, Rousey-Tate-Holm....Wouldn't say McGregor got his ass handed to him....he won the first, and punched himself out early 2nd, then Diaz pounced...Edgar will be tough, as he;s a better verison of Mendez, who took McGREGOR TO THE MAT VERY EASILY

Read Diaz might get the Lawlor fight...would love that....then again, rumours going round GSP might get the next shot.....Exciting times

10 minutes ago, Pinky said:

He won't come back stronger at thst weight class though as there's much better fighters than Diaz in that weight 

McGregor's ground game and wrestling leave a lot to be desired, Chad Mendes repeatedly took him down and and pounded him pretty good too, Chad wasn't even in top shape as he took the fight at short notice, the way things stand I feel RDA would beat him not to mention Nurmagomedov.

5 minutes ago, HammerHarris said:

He won't come back stronger at thst weight class though as there's much better fighters than Diaz in that weight 

He needs to go up a weight at a time and get used to fighting at that weight, putting on 2st and going in 2 feet first clearly got him knocked on his a55. If he regains the weight and gets used to training at the weight i think things would be different. He did it all to quick and he didnt give his body time to adjust. 

9 minutes ago, barsnack said:

I was buzzing for Tate, probably one of my favourite wins in a long time....It sa nice little triangle developing now, Rousey-Tate-Holm....Wouldn't say McGregor got his ass handed to him....he won the first, and punched himself out early 2nd, then Diaz pounced...Edgar will be tough, as he;s a better verison of Mendez, who took McGREGOR TO THE MAT VERY EASILY

Read Diaz might get the Lawlor fight...would love that....then again, rumours going round GSP might get the next shot.....Exciting times

That's what i mean conor will learn from this and if hes got any sense he will take up some sort of ground fighting as the whole world knows that's his weak point. 

He went in all guns a blazing like he usually does which works on 145 guys, diaz is a bigger fella and needs more to take him down, conor gave it all in the first round, if he didnt run out of energy i think he would have won. He took him to the floor because he didnt know what else to do. Next time he will know.

45 minutes ago, Pinky said:

He needs to go up a weight at a time and get used to fighting at that weight, putting on 2st and going in 2 feet first clearly got him knocked on his a55. If he regains the weight and gets used to training at the weight i think things would be different. He did it all to quick and he didnt give his body time to adjust. 

That's what i mean conor will learn from this and if hes got any sense he will take up some sort of ground fighting as the whole world knows that's his weak point. 

He went in all guns a blazing like he usually does which works on 145 guys, diaz is a bigger fella and needs more to take him down, conor gave it all in the first round, if he didnt run out of energy i think he would have won. He took him to the floor because he didnt know what else to do. Next time he will know.

Doesn't help his energy levels when he's talking to nate whist fighting !!!!

39 minutes ago, 12 gauge said:

Not a full screen but best I could find though

Good enough for me :) 

Thought it was a great fight, the last two minutes of round 2 could have gone either way but I'm glad Connor got beat :D 

I actually had respect for Connor leading up to this fight but in the press conference before hand he was a bit mouthy for my liking.

8 hours ago, barsnack said:

good analysis.....Think the defeat will be the best thing that ever happens to McGregor....He needs to train more on BJJ and Wrestling, and put the movement stuff to the side, or feature it on a minor level....McGregor tried to put him away in the first, but the jump up on weight in such a quick space of time, meant his body couldn't adapt to the fitness levels....I still think Mcgregor, if allowed to grow naturally in to the bigger weights, he'll do well at lightweight (only RDA I see has having the edge over him)....but one things defeinte, he needs to work on his right side, throws absolutely nothing from there....And there was no angled movement, like Cruz or Dillashaw...just stood in front of Diaz.....overall, he got beat by his own arrogance, which is great for him as a fighter.....But kudo's for Diaz, im a massive fan of his, so great he's starting to get the big fights now....him and RDA, probably end up the same as their first, as RDA reads a fight and adapts better than Mcgregor

I still think he'll beat everyone at featherweight, with Edgar being the only obstacle...wouldn't be surprised if it went either way, but I give Mcgregor the upperhand (just)

McG will have issues facing Edgar but I think he will still come out on top. His stand up is brilliant he picks fighters apart.

We saw it in his fight vs Mendes. Chad clearly was better on the ground and kept trying to take him down, winning the fight before McG got up and tee'd off on him again.

If Edgar can avoid his strikes then it will be a very interesting fight indeed.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 4:49 PM, HammerHarris said:

McGregor signed to UFC 200....Praying its Edgar...although that fu**ing Rhyme he did, kinda put me off, weird c**t