Sign in to follow this  
barksie

Would this guy be any good in a actual fight ??

Physique has fcuk all to do with fighting, yes many fighters look great but some great fighetrs don't even look like they train.

Prime example, I bet "Big Country" couldn't do half of that stuff in the motivation vid but I know who I'd put my money if it came to it.

method=get&rs=100&q=75&x=28&y=10&w=240&h

or tank Abbot @

or tank Abbot @

Yes he would be another example though Roy Nelson is a better fighter IMO, having said that I'll go out on a limb and say even one of the best such as Fedor emelianenko while not fat/obese certainly didn't have a chiseled physique by any stretch of the imagination, 

Fedor-Strikeforce-vs-Werdum.jpg

I'd imagine so......

The mask is probably used to train his muscles to fight with less oxygen, like a fighter would do low altitude training in a mountainous area, or hypoxic training in a pool. 

The masks are complete nonesense, the effect of high altitude training is to increase RBC - this doesn't happen during training but during the recovery phase and most markedly during sleep.. The mask doesn't create hypoxic environment as the air will still be 21% oxygen.

I agree with you on the mask MrM.... 

All I use the mask for is to allow the body to operate in a state of panic.... and I only use it now and again... 

When your training and cant breath proper it makes you mentally have to calm yourself. similar to being a deep choke and having to escape without using additional energy you. Usually though we just all choke each other and train properly :lol:

Guest Combatives101

In a head on, tournament situation I'd give this guy the physical advantage for stamina.  Now look at the way he tends to hit the bag.  Some of the punches connect but the angles of the camera are concealing the ones that graze.  Sure, a flip kick to the face would be something great to see.  However, people aren't punching bags.  Trained fighters aren't punching bags.  Trained fighters are moving targets that know how to use space to their advantage.  All of Pina's moves look great against a sedentary and much weaker opponent.  I'm sure speed would be an obvious advantage for a good number of rounds.  Now, does he know the principles of distance?  Does he know how to properly connect with a game ending strike?  Can he grapple if he ends up on the ground with his opponent?  Does he know how to maintain control and not fully commit an advance, avoiding the corner of the ring?  

Those are the true determining factors about Pina's skills being transferable to a professional match. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this