UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Best pre workout

13K views 52 replies 30 participants last post by  Jordan08 
#1 ·
I've tried loads of pre workouts I'd say a good dozen or so even doubling the recommended amount nowt nada jack shiz happened sometimes a little tingle on the ears that's about it any recommendations? Please don't say have a brew of coffee I would rather vomit in a cup than drink coffee [emoji23]

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've tried loads of pre workouts I'd say a good dozen or so even doubling the recommended amount nowt nada jack shiz happened sometimes a little tingle on the ears that's about it any recommendations? Please don't say have a brew of coffee I would rather vomit in a cup than drink coffee
You should Try out APS Mesomorph. It has to be one of the best if not the best pre-workout I have ever taken. I never felt anything like it with any other pre-workout.

#16 ·
#20 ·
FWIW, I bought My Protein's beta alanine and citruline malate, when they had a sale on last week.

3g of each, with 400mg of caffeine bought off ebay, has knocked my socks off the last two days.

I'd been using Bulkpowders' Elevate 3 weeks prior, which tasted really nice, but didn't really do anything for me.

#27 ·
FWIW, I bought My Protein's beta alanine and citruline malate, when they had a sale on last week.

3g of each, with 400mg of caffeine bought off ebay, has knocked my socks off the last two days.

I'd been using Bulkpowders' Elevate 3 weeks prior, which tasted really nice, but didn't really do anything for me.
Citrulline malate is good stuff, 6-8g pre workout is the sweet spot IMO (if it's the 2:1 ratio).

I wouldn't really say beta alanine is for pre workout though unless you like the paresthesia. You just need to reach the saturation levels; I believe the lowest studied dose is around 1.6g twice a day, everyday.

#29 ·
I've read multiple doses of BA is optimum, but not really practical for me. I don't really mind the tingles, that just indicates that it's time to go lift something [emoji23]

At the minute my pre workout stack is 10g HBCD, 5g peptopro, 3g citruline malate, 3g beta alanine, 400mg caffeine.

Intra is 40g HBCD and 15g peptopro, followed by 5g creatine PWO.

The peptopro is only for flavouring, I'll drop it when I run out.

#32 ·
yeah I don't like dosing multiple times a day but I don't like the tingles lol.

my current stack is:

2g agmatine sulfate

8g citrulline malate

1.5g creatine nitrate

500mg vit c

2g beta alanine

caffeine anywhere from 250-500mg depending how I feel

l-theanine same dose as caffeine it's awesome stuff when stacked together. Totally removed the bad sides from a lot of caffeine and you still get the energy, lots of concentration and don't seem to crash either.

I also dose creatine post workout.
im going to have to try this, is it really that good ?

#37 · (Edited by Moderator)
Tried both The Protein Works "Pre Works" - Not a blot, actually didn't feel anything from it, not even the classic beta-alanine kicking in. Even the taste was rank, it was promptly binned after they refunded me anyway for it.

My current pre-workout of choice is My Protein "My Pre" which I find works quite well.

Also have a tub of Musclepharm Wreckage on the way to give that a try.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mp-hardcore/wreckage.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.