Sign in to follow this  
billy76

OOMF Protein Oats

Any of you guys tried oomf Protein oats.

I picked some up in Sainsburys the other night.

Really nice & handy

Per pot

281 Kcal

3.4 fat

42.7 Carbs

10.2 Sugar

20.3 protein

Only thing is sugar is quite high.

you guys that make your own protein oats,  what type of whey do you use?

I have tried to make some before with PHD diet whey and also got some protein oats from M.P.

Both chocolate flavour, thought both of them was minging.

Would it be better to try a unflavoured whey? 

11 hours ago, Kill Kcal said:

Mixed Whey into anything has always been a disaster for me, tastes like s**t.

I'd sooner eat something 'normally' and down a 300ml shake after it.

Impressive thread bump ;).

Rather than making porridge and then trying to mix whey in, I'd make up the whey to be the liquid used to make the porrdge with. So long as you don't heat it too much this won't adversely affect the whey. As above I only use unflavoured whey myself though.

Tried the OOMF pots before and they are very handy if you are short of time. 

The flavour and texture is bang on and the amount you get inside is quite surprising. 

As mentioned previously a good home recipe for this kind of thing is simply putting your own protein powder in the oats/porridge while its cooking as this can achieve the same effect and lets you moderate the level of protein in each serving more accurately. 

I found using a whey isolate rather than a standard whey blend mixes a lot better and the taste is also much nicer. 

On 12/11/2016 at 9:42 AM, Ultrasonic said:

Impressive thread bump ;).

Rather than making porridge and then trying to mix whey in, I'd make up the whey to be the liquid used to make the porrdge with. So long as you don't heat it too much this won't adversely affect the whey. As above I only use unflavoured whey myself though.

Thread has been bumped again so might as well reply. This is a staple meal for me when cutting, though normally I'd just cook 50g of oats in water so it absorbs all the water and swells to 3x its size, then mix 25g of whey with a bit of water and mix that in once it's cooked to moisten it without cooking the whey :thumbup1: