Sign in to follow this  
enzo2311

My blood pressure is often in the 'fat burn' zone of 130 bpm

So you know how they say if your heart rate get elevated during cardio you'll burn fat ? Well what about medications that cause elevated bp? I take a stimulant that will often have my blood pressure at around 130 bpm while I'm working (I'm a kitchen runner so I'm always moving). So shouldn't i have barely any fat on my body since its always in that range? 

Blood pressure and heart rate are two different things. Doesn't matter if your heart rate is that high all the time. If you consume more calories than you burn you will not lose weight.

So you know how they say if your heart rate get elevated during cardio you'll burn fat ? Well what about medications that cause elevated bp? I take a stimulant that will often have my blood pressure at around 130 bpm while I'm working (I'm a kitchen runner so I'm always moving). So shouldn't i have barely any fat on my body since its always in that range? 

If your bpm is 130 doing kitchen work, you got a big problem.

Why are taking a stimulant for work?

As others have said, blood pressure (bp) and heart rate (bpm ~ beats per minute) are two completely different things.

Youd only know your heart rate by wearing a heart rate monitor otherwise it's just guess work. 130bpm is very high tbh.

The idea of a 'fat burning zone' is of debatable value. If you burn slightly more fat during one activity then chances are the body will just use more carbs later. Ultimately what matters is total fat usage over a 24 hour period, for which as already mentioned total calorie deficit is the dominant factor by a huge margin.

The fact that your body burns calories doing cardio with a heart rate of 130 BPM is due in large part to work being done by your skeletal muscles, not simply because your heart is beating faster. Although your heart will clearly be using more calories than when beating at a slower rate.