ATMeredith

Anyone ever got into a confrontation when they could have easily avoided it?

having kids and responsibilities I’d generally only fight these days to defend my family or property from harm.

Those bums in the street that go around provoking a reaction/confrontation and making the most noise about how “hard” they are generally are the softest shites around acting on there own insecurities trying to prove something to themselves and aren’t worth your time.

41 minutes ago, simonboyle said:

Won't get any argument from.me. 

Try fu**ing living here.

It's Glasgow in particular.

Google "the Glasgow effect".

Plus everything else here.

Highest murder rate. No longer the highest knife crime, thanks London. Highest drugs deaths. Highest poverty. Most violence in Europe. And many many more things.

The rest of Scotland is actually really nice.

It's funny.

Every other city up here knows Glasgow is a s**t hole too.

A guy off the estate I grew up on is Glaswegian. He used to come into the place I worked the door, nice enough bloke but was a bit stab happy. Twice I took knives off him, second time I put the f’kin thing down the drain. He went crackers saying I owed him a knife. 

He’d always have a chat if he saw me about although I struggled to understand half what he said. One time I was going Scotland and he’s trying to get me to bring him back some square fcukin sausage. Took about 4 attempts to tell me what he meant n I told him to get it out of farmfoods!!! Haha. 

I still sometimes see him now and again so always be polite. I have asked if he still carries a knife n he says it’s like going out without some johnnies....!!!

1 hour ago, simonboyle said:

They can all be easily avoided. It's just a decision of how you want to live your life.

Walking away, backing down, avoiding general day to day life.

Sure.

Unfortunately, I don't really have it in me to acquiesce to every ill mannered fud that exists and doesn't know how to be a civil human being.

having been in many situations like that, I generally put people in a hedge or down a flight of stairs.

shoukd also add I've been stabbed twice in my life, lol, so it maybe isn't the best advice. But God I can't stand fuds like that.

burn them where they stand.

Any pics of stab wounds :thumbup1:

On 25/07/2015 at 1:58 PM, ATMeredith said:

Anyone ever got into a confrontation when they could have easily avoided it? If so what?

I guess you could call me a country bumpkin, meaning iv never been in a fight and always tried to be a good person etc.

Today tho was a bad day, a day that I just couldn't hold my tongue.

Walking around Solihull (West Midlands area) so a nice area by myself, minding my own business, 3 chavs walk by me, they probably get about 15 meters away and shout 'have a shave' .... well that pissed me off for some reason, so I turned and while walking towards them asking him to repeat him self (which he didn't), they got right up into my face saying 'what you going to do brav, go on do something' his 2 mates where saying knife him, really in the middle of Solihull shopping centre??.

I was thinking to myself should I do something?, I really wanted to floor the cu**s but I turned and walked off, while I did, his mate said 'do it', then the other said 'there's cameras', as I was 15 meters away again he shouted 'have a shave' again.

I continued my walk, I was thinking I have more to loose then they do if I happen to get hurt.

I'm a 27 year old man, who is 6ft tall and weighs 210lbs, I have wide shoulders and large traps so I actually look bigger then 210lbs, I have a massive beared and long hair thats tied back, so I pretty much look like i'm in the Hells Angels, which i'm not, but it still baffles me, know matter what you look like either it be a big mother f***er or a small dude, little s**ts from s**t wholes will still try and act 'tough'.

Shall I shave my beard off???

f**k no lol.

Morale of the story get a shave and a haircut you scruffy cvnt :lol:

5 hours ago, simonboyle said:

shoukd also add I've been stabbed twice in my life, lol, so it maybe isn't the best advice. But God I can't stand fuds like that.

burn them where they stand.

You grew up in Glasgow and you've only been stabbed twice?

Did you go to private school or something?

5 hours ago, lewdylewd said:

You grew up in Glasgow and you've only been stabbed twice?

Did you go to private school or something?

Glasgow's so rough that most kids get stabbed in school. It's how the teachers punish them for not doing their homework.

9 hours ago, vetran said:

Any pics of stab wounds :thumbup1:

I could put a photo up of my stab wound and tell you how I got it in a fight with a biker gang when having knocked out seven of them, the eighth managed to get me.

The truth though, is that I got it off a 5 foot tall girl I lived with who’d just found out I fvcked her mate. Don’t be worrying about the danger out there on the streets, the real danger is right there in bed with you.....

13 hours ago, simonboyle said:

Won't get any argument from.me. 

Try fu**ing living here.

It's Glasgow in particular.

Google "the Glasgow effect".

Plus everything else here.

Highest murder rate. No longer the highest knife crime, thanks London. Highest drugs deaths. Highest poverty. Most violence in Europe. And many many more things.

The rest of Scotland is actually really nice.

It's funny.

Every other city up here knows Glasgow is a s**t hole too.

Only messing mate, I’ve never actually been anywhere in Scotland and known a fair few jock scaffolders, all good lads, obviously have the banter with them but they do generally have a grudge against the English, can probsbly blame 75% of that on braveheart tho, they wouldn’t of had a clue who William Wallace was without that film.

41 minutes ago, Matt6210 said:

Only messing mate, I’ve never actually been anywhere in Scotland and known a fair few jock scaffolders, all good lads, obviously have the banter with them but they do generally have a grudge against the English, can probsbly blame 75% of that on braveheart tho, they wouldn’t of had a clue who William Wallace was without that film.

True.

Two ways to approach a situation like this :-

1. Walk away.

2. Deal with it with extreme violence instantly i.e. attack swiftly and viciously before the lad is ready and set. It will be over in seconds.

If you fook about, you give him time to get set, pull any weapons out etc.

I don't drink and don't seem to get in such confrontations now anyway so this kind of stuff is in my distant past.

20 hours ago, Matt6210 said:

Fvcking Mel Gibson has a grudge against the English I swear. 

@ATMeredith 

In response to your OP:

A year ago, I put up a few posts where I'd respond or even provoke.

Now, I give in or run like f**k because staying alive is more important.

I don't care about looking like a pussy; I just want to see tomorrow.

And yes, Solihull IS a posh area. I'm in Hall Green and I go there regularly. Surprised the incident happened there.

@Huntingground 

I was writing exactly  that, then saw the same words!

2 hours ago, The-Real-Deal said:

If your getting confrontation you aint fu**ing big enough 

@Huntingground eat more train harder and get mahoooosiivve 

Just being big won't make you hard as nuts. If anything you'll get challenged by more crazies thinking of scoring conkers-style.

I used to get into a lot of fights in my earlier years but age sort of makes you become invisible and even if you're in good shape, the young guns don't seem to want to prove themselves against you anymore. Pity because often I feel like I'd want to test myself and see how I would fare these days. (In my head, pretty well!)  

1 minute ago, Best.username said:

What's the difference in been big and looking like a pussy

Been big and looking like a nut job.

Dress sense? Tattoos? Hair cut? Teeth? Beard?

This exactly. Though beard not so much unless huge like OP.

24 minutes ago, Best.username said:

So a good old kneck tattoo, Jarhead haircut, and maybe a missing tooth or two, and big fu**ing beard?

usually works right up to the point you meet someone it doesnt intimidate , at which point you are in the s**t.

Real hard men don't need any of the above. On the contrary people who try to look hard seldom are. Real hard men  just have a way about them that people are very weary of and they are left well alone because of this. 

I fi

25 minutes ago, The-Real-Deal said:

Real hard men don't need any of the above. On the contrary people who try to look hard seldom are. Real hard men  just have a way about them that people are very weary of and they are left well alone because of this. 

I figured if a guy matching this description ever squares up to me, I'm just going to nut the c**t

37 minutes ago, The-Real-Deal said:

I heard that if you had the exact body measurments of Anthony Joshua people leave you alone.