Sign in to follow this  
MPWFitness

UKBFF - Classic Class Newbie - help needed...

Guys again apologies for the newbie bodybuilding questions - having done to Physique shows I want to do classic (UKBFF Cumbria Classic). According to the rules below as I am just under 168cm it states I have to be about 67.7kg to make weight (I am 167.7cm). Yet a guy say 178cm has to make 83kg (178cm-100+5kg). The 'classic' class I watched at Bodypower yesterday had guys of all heights, in one class (and I think the lowest height class they had was u178). So Given than I would be giving away 7-10kg of weight to someone who would be against me if he was 178cm. This is what made me worried to do classic as let's be honest you are gonna be hard pushed to beat someone who can carry an extra 10kg of muscle on you. Is that correct? What I am saying is there is not going to be a up 168cm classic class on it's own, unless they have say 8 competitors turn up at that height are they? I think coz I am a newbie, I will just enter the u70kg inters because it keeps things simple, but I must admit I am still a bit confused about the 'classic' class. I am four weeks out and going up to Cumbria on my own so just want to be clear on what I am doing. http://www.ukbff.co.uk/pdfs/classic_bodybuilder_rules.pdf

So basically what your saying is you wanna do classic but Becuase you small your concerned about people

Taller? Don't be.. I did my show last weekend I was first call out against guys easily 15kg over me due to my condtioning I held my own absolutly fine. If guys are taller yes they can be heavier this doesn mean thel look better than you at all! Bring your A game and if someone betters that then hats off to them

So basically what your saying is you wanna do classic but Becuase you small your concerned about people

Taller? Don't be.. I did my show last weekend I was first call out against guys easily 15kg over me due to my condtioning I held my own absolutly fine. If guys are taller yes they can be heavier this doesn mean thel look better than you at all! Bring your A game and if someone betters that then hats off to them

I hear you mate. Being 100% honest, I left myself 35 days after a rebound week after my Physique show to get from 80kg to 67.7kg. I am down to about 73kg now with 4 weeks to go, perhaps I have left myself a bit too little time to get to 67.7kg. I am looking good and my diet/supplements are spot on to make 70kg. I am a total novice and learning so much in a short space of time, so appreciate the advice. It's just I would be giving away 9kg of muscle at the 178cm classic class, whereas at 70kg I think I would be at that right balance (in the short timescale I have).

This is me this week at 74kg, plenty of bodyfat to get off, but not sure how I would look at 67.7kg...

post-107084-143615115698_thumb.jpg

I hear you mate. Being 100% honest, I left myself 35 days after a rebound week after my Physique show to get from 80kg to 67.7kg. I am down to about 73kg now with 4 weeks to go, perhaps I have left myself a bit too little time to get to 67.7kg. I am looking good and my diet/supplements are spot on to make 70kg. I am a total novice and learning so much in a short space of time, so appreciate the advice. It's just I would be giving away 9kg of muscle at the 178cm classic class, whereas at 70kg I think I would be at that right balance (in the short timescale I have).

This is me this week at 74kg, plenty of bodyfat to get off, but not sure how I would look at 67.7kg...

Trouble is with the weight you've got/had to drop to make tbat weight in the time scale is muscle sacrifice mate! You look good il admit but I bet it's been grueling! Maybe you should have gone in heavier and gone into a bb weight class then focused offseason on lean tissue gains and carried on in the weight classes? Keep pushing tho mate

Guys again apologies for the newbie bodybuilding questions - having done to Physique shows I want to do classic (UKBFF Cumbria Classic). According to the rules below as I am just under 168cm it states I have to be about 67.7kg to make weight (I am 167.7cm). Yet a guy say 178cm has to make 83kg (178cm-100+5kg). The 'classic' class I watched at Bodypower yesterday had guys of all heights, in one class (and I think the lowest height class they had was u178). So Given than I would be giving away 7-10kg of weight to someone who would be against me if he was 178cm. This is what made me worried to do classic as let's be honest you are gonna be hard pushed to beat someone who can carry an extra 10kg of muscle on you. Is that correct? What I am saying is there is not going to be a up 168cm classic class on it's own, unless they have say 8 competitors turn up at that height are they? I think coz I am a newbie, I will just enter the u70kg inters because it keeps things simple, but I must admit I am still a bit confused about the 'classic' class. I am four weeks out and going up to Cumbria on my own so just want to be clear on what I am doing. http://www.ukbff.co.uk/pdfs/classic_bodybuilder_rules.pdf

I would go with U80s mate as there is no Inter U70 kg class. Inter categories start at U80, U90 and over 90, so get your feet down in the inters for now and start using your rebounds to build some more mass to make U80's. Before you know it your shirt sleeves will be bursting lol Lots of guys compete in the Int U80's at a weight sub 70kg, but you could quite easily com in around the 70kg and not have to sacrifice all the muscle you have gained.

Edited by nellsuk

I would go with U80s mate as there is no Inter U70 kg class. Inter categories start at U80, U90 and over 90, so get your feet down in the inters for now and start using your rebounds to build some more mass to make U80's. Before you know it your shirt sleeves will be bursting lol Lots of guys compete in the Int U80's at a weight sub 70kg, but you could quite easily com in around the 70kg and not have to sacrifice all the muscle you have gained.

Solid advice mate. But I think at the moment I am going to do 70kg, to be honest I fit comfortably at that weight and I know potentially I can grow into 80kg (but not be able to do inters), I really want to do Classic in the end. Both classic and u70kg are not inters, so it was either one or the other. I am not lean enough at 73kg to compete with u80kg inters if you get me? 25 days to go if I keep leaning out like I have been I will be around 68-70kg, which is a lot of weight to give up to u80kg inters.

I think what I am going to do is keep coming down and see. If say I get to 70kg with 2 weeks to go and feel I can get leaner and look better for it, then I might do classic. Keep my options open.

Thanks to everyone for the advice, it's hard as I am learning as I go along. :)

Edited by MPWFitness

Solid advice mate. But I think at the moment I am going to do 70kg, to be honest I fit comfortably at that weight and I know potentially I can grow into 80kg (but not be able to do inters), I really want to do Classic in the end. Both classic and u70kg are not inters, so it was either one or the other. I am not lean enough at 73kg to compete with u80kg inters if you get me? 25 days to go if I keep leaning out like I have been I will be around 68-70kg, which is a lot of weight to give up to u80kg inters.

I think what I am going to do is keep coming down and see. If say I get to 70kg with 2 weeks to go and feel I can get leaner and look better for it, then I might do classic. Keep my options open.

Thanks to everyone for the advice, it's hard as I am learning as I go along. :)

You never know mate you might be surprised, my mate entered the Int U80s at the UKBFF North last year, I think he was 66kg on stage so plenty room to grow later. A few guys did turn up and some close to the 80kg limit but apart from the top two, his condition got him 3rd and qualified for the British. Your condition could serve you well if you still have a few weeks to go so you never know mate, keep your options open....its all good experience either way, so good luck to you!

A couple of pics below to show you how he was!

post-50998-14361511804_thumb.jpeg

post-50998-143615118045_thumb.jpeg

You never know mate you might be surprised, my mate entered the Int U80s at the UKBFF North last year, I think he was 66kg on stage so plenty room to grow later. A few guys did turn up and some close to the 80kg limit but apart from the top two, his condition got him 3rd and qualified for the British. Your condition could serve you well if you still have a few weeks to go so you never know mate, keep your options open....its all good experience either way, so good luck to you!

A couple of pics below to show you how he was!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]172011[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]172012[/ATTACH]

Thanks once again mate. Your butty looks in mint shape - hats off to him! I think I am just gonna keep dieting my ass off and see each week what weight I am at, get myself looked at by expert eyes and play it by ear.

I am still totally confused about the classic class. I met and chatted with Owen Powell at Bodypower, the guy is barely taller than me, entered the tall class then came in at 80kg?

Why do I have to make 67.7kg for a 176cm class then?

Me and OP this weekend.

post-107084-143615118297_thumb.jpg

Thanks once again mate. Your butty looks in mint shape - hats off to him! I think I am just gonna keep dieting my ass off and see each week what weight I am at, get myself looked at by expert eyes and play it by ear.

I am still totally confused about the classic class. I met and chatted with Owen Powell at Bodypower, the guy is barely taller than me, entered the tall class then came in at 80kg?

Why do I have to make 67.7kg for a 176cm class then?

Me and OP this weekend.

You don't :confused1:

EDIT: sorry didn't see your height. So yeah 67kg.

UP TO AND INCLUDING 175 CM CATEGORY:

maximum body weight = body height [cm] minus 100 + 4 kg

(Example: A competitor, who is 174 cm tall, may weigh not more than 78 kg)

UP TO AND INCLUDING 180 CM CATEGORY

maximum body weight = body height [cm] minus 100 + 6 kg

(Example: A competitor, who is 180 cm tall, may weigh not more than 86 kg)

Edited by Dark sim

You don't :confused1:

EDIT: sorry didn't see your height. So yeah 67kg.

UP TO AND INCLUDING 175 CM CATEGORY:

maximum body weight = body height [cm] minus 100 + 4 kg

(Example: A competitor, who is 174 cm tall, may weigh not more than 78 kg)

UP TO AND INCLUDING 180 CM CATEGORY

maximum body weight = body height [cm] minus 100 + 6 kg

(Example: A competitor, who is 180 cm tall, may weigh not more than 86 kg)

Thanks mate. My form has gone in for u70kg so excited and nervous at the same time!

I'm doing a classic class in 4 weeks....don't worry about height, I'm 171.5 and can be 75.5 but I'll come in around 73 I reckon 

image.png

Edited by Oscars