UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Training mask 2.0

3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  ellisrimmer 
#1 ·
this mask mimics works by increasing the Altitude, making it harder to breathe, but does it actually work? and would investing in one of these actually be beneficial for increasing your lung capacity? whats your takes? is it worth the money to help increase your over all cardiovascular and strengthening the lungs and diaphragm... lemme know your thoughts behind this please, really considering giving it a go.

#3 ·
Product Description

Simulating high altitude training, reach new heights with the Elevation Altitude Training Mask. In simple terms, this training mask helps you regulate your breathing, increase lung stamina, lung capacity, oxygen efficiency and increase your overall performance not just in sport but daily life. The basic concept of the training mask is that it regulates how much air you can actually breathe in. This means that you are breathing against resistance which in turn makes the air feel thinner which is akin to training at altitude. From amateurs to professionals, this product has been approved to train with any sport that's cardio based. Additional benefits of the training mask include: *i*Strengthening the diaphragm and sculpts abdominals.*i* *i*Conditioning the lungs by creating pulmonary resistance.*i* *i*Increasing surface area and elasticity of the alveoli.*i* *i*Increasing lung capacity and oxygen efficiency.*i* *i*Increasing overall anaerobic thresholds.*i* For optimum performance, please take into account the following sizes: Small = 45kg - 69kg Medium = 70kg - 120kg To help you get the most out of the training mask, a training booklet is also included and contains a series of exercise

#7 ·
I couldn't care what people think i'm not one for being a sheep, if somethings going to help me improve my cardiovascular i don't mind how it looks, however if the outside world look down on me as being ridiculous then they can do that, the less i care and the more they actually do, the greater and higher up i feel as a person, however if this works, it'll benefit me on so many levels as im asthmatic, and my goal is to majorly increase my cardio's intensity and increase my ability to breathe.

#9 ·
chickenjunkie said:
Got one of these use it when I'm doing my mma circuits and training for a fight , found it most beneficial when doing long distance runs
So does it deffo work? and does it really benefit? cause i'm into boxing at the moment and i want to get my fitness to a level at where i can also do MMA, i want to condition my breathing and my lungs, is it good?

#11 ·
realgains89 said:
I couldn't care what people think i'm not one for being a sheep, if somethings going to help me improve my cardiovascular i don't mind how it looks, however if the outside world look down on me as being ridiculous then they can do that, the less i care and the more they actually do, the greater and higher up i feel as a person, however if this works, it'll benefit me on so many levels as im asthmatic, and my goal is to majorly increase my cardio's intensity and increase my ability to breathe.
Nice outlook on life bro! :thumb:

the-less-you-give-a-feck_zpssufv93rk.jpg

#13 ·
realgains89 said:
So does it deffo work? and does it really benefit? cause i'm into boxing at the moment and i want to get my fitness to a level at where i can also do MMA, i want to condition my breathing and my lungs, is it good?
Yes and no

Yes it works great at getting the most out of training BUT before using it I suggest you build up a good level

of endurance and stamina so you can really using to blast a plateau and help improve

Also it is all dependant on your training ; hydration and diet is key in training especially in combat sports with

Taxing effects on the body .

You should have good amount of pre workout carbs to help fuel a good workout

Plus a lot of water , the mask obviously covers your mouth so for me I don't drink water whilst

Training with it so it's key to stay hydrated before and after an during breaks however

If your constantly taking it off to drink water no point this is where the solid foundation

Of good endurance comes in

I disagree with coke I wouldn't wear it around the house nor sleep in it as it is dangerous

It's there if you like to shock the body and help improvement not for every day wearing

I wouldn't wear it if taking anything enhanced as any aas or similar is

Taxing on the body an the last thing you want to do is restrict air intake while

On other compounds which could have adverse affects on your body due to the stress.

So yes an no like before yes it will help if used correctly no you won't have the stamina of rocky

If you wear it for one week

A friend of mine a promising boxer for England for 2016 wears his only occasionally

When running long distance before fights .

Coming from a mma perspective the best way to build up endurance and stamina for it

Is to train rolling is so taxing on the body an will have your endurance up in no time

As will other mma focused activities .

Use the discipline and art of boxing with the velocity and aggression in striking in your mma training paired

With good technique and solid knowledge of some grappling and you will be good in no time.

Grappling is much more about technique and controlling your breathing then strength an power as most people think

Good luck mate

#23 ·
Yeah , fair one it's ineffective at mimicking the effects of running at high altitude and does nothing to your red blood count... FAIR POINT

Regardless of that it's still resistance, this the body adapts becoming more efficient. Cv is my job, I'm a paratrooper, used correctly it works. Regardless of what bull**** you've been reading. Boyo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.