Sign in to follow this  
C33G

Chest/Shoulder Pain & tight biceps

For long periods of time my training included, mixed grip deadlifts & my left hand would be the over hand my right being the under hand. From this I have developed lots of knots in my chest and back, using a lacrosse ball ive managed to work out most the knots in my pec minor/major and get my back to a point where i can roll it without extreme discomfort.

Now i have the mobility of my scapula and shoulder socket; however i still get strains in my chest/shoulder joint from flat bench/DB work. All of these problems are occurring in the right pec (THE UNDER HAND for my deads) Could this be due to a bicep problem...?

Ive been looking into bicep tendonitis and i feel that may be the last thing i need to correct before i can resume normal bench work. I also asked a friend of mine who is a studying to be a physio - he could tell me both my biceps were extremely tight & knotty. Does anyone have any exeprience with this?

What should i : 1) do 2) avoid doing

I planned on just mobilising the biceps with lacrosse ball and avoiding heavy pressing & avoiding all overhead work and pulling movements which involve my palm facing upward...

Any input appreciated as I am dying to get this problem fixed.

For long periods of time my training included, mixed grip deadlifts & my left hand would be the over hand my right being the under hand. From this I have developed lots of knots in my chest and back, using a lacrosse ball ive managed to work out most the knots in my pec minor/major and get my back to a point where i can roll it without extreme discomfort.

Now i have the mobility of my scapula and shoulder socket; however i still get strains in my chest/shoulder joint from flat bench/DB work. All of these problems are occurring in the right pec (THE UNDER HAND for my deads) Could this be due to a bicep problem...?

Ive been looking into bicep tendonitis and i feel that may be the last thing i need to correct before i can resume normal bench work. I also asked a friend of mine who is a studying to be a physio - he could tell me both my biceps were extremely tight & knotty. Does anyone have any exeprience with this?

What should i : 1) do 2) avoid doing

I planned on just mobilising the biceps with lacrosse ball and avoiding heavy pressing & avoiding all overhead work and pulling movements which involve my palm facing upward...

Any input appreciated as I am dying to get this problem fixed.

Bicep and pectorals are often compensating for faulty glenohumeral stability. For example the pecs can be pulling scapula anteriorly (up and forward) rather than down and around by serratus anterior and lats.

Bicep often compensate for subscapularis, which is an important part of the rotator cuff. I'd start with training the two mentioned, and see what happens.

Bicep and pectorals are often compensating for faulty glenohumeral stability. For example the pecs can be pulling scapula anteriorly (up and forward) rather than down and around by serratus anterior and lats.

Bicep often compensate for subscapularis, which is an important part of the rotator cuff. I'd start with training the two mentioned, and see what happens.

Try training the subscap?