Sign in to follow this  
Dirk McQuickly

anyone ever had a torn intercostal?

Is he right? How was it caused and diagnosed? ...I only say this as misdiagnosis is very common.

Really? That's interesting. He put pressure on my ribs in various places to see if it was an injured rib. He sounded out my chest to make sure there was nothing wrong in there. (He is sending me for an x-ray to be on the safe side). You any idea what is normally mistaken for it?

I don't know what caused it. I train Krav Maga a couple of times a week. Maybe I pulled it grappling. Maybe I did it deadlifting. The doctor said it can be done in your sleep. There's no one incident when I felt it 'go'.

Edited by Dirk McQuickly

Really? That's interesting. He put pressure on my ribs in various places to see if it was an injured rib. He sounded out my chest to make sure there was nothing wrong in there. (He is sending me for an x-ray to be on the safe side). You any idea what is normally mistaken for it?

I meant misdiagnosis in general unfortunately. I'm glad you're getting an x-ray though, as there are plenty of things it could be.

Not hating on gp's but it's often their best guess, so good to get it checked further - hopefully that or one of your floating ribs, rather than a ruptured spleen.