Chris_milnes

Best breakfast meal

12 hours ago, I'mNotAPervert! said:

Who are these nutters that eat the same thing for breakfast every... fu**ing... day...

Have to admit I pretty much do :P. The 'variety' is whether I add cocoa or cinnamon to my porridge. I like my breakfast though so I see no need to change it. 

6 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Either 50g porridge with 175mil skimmed milk plus artificial sweetener 

or

1 slice whole meal toast, 2 poached eggs and half a smoked mackerel fillet

I know you weren't looking for feedback but that first option could really do with more protein.

4 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

I know you weren't looking for feedback but that first option could really do with more protein.

Yes - I tend to move the eggs to lunchtime when I'm having porridge in the morning, by the time I've added the tuna plus evening meal I get enough but I am dieting at the moment so it serves its purpose to fill me up when I have to be out of the door early in the morning. I can make it up at night and just whack it in the microwave when I get up :)

5 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Yes - I tend to move the eggs to lunchtime when I'm having porridge in the morning, by the time I've added the tuna plus evening meal I get enough but I am dieting at the moment so it serves its purpose to fill me up when I have to be out of the door early in the morning. I can make it up at night and just whack it in the microwave when I get up :)

Adding some whey to the porridge is the easy option, and would still offer some small benefit no matter how much protein you're eating across the rest of the day. Protein is also good for helping you feel fuller for longer. You could use whey plus water rather than milk to not add extra calories. Just a thought.

2 hours ago, Ultrasonic said:

Have to admit I pretty much do :P. The 'variety' is whether I add cocoa or cinnamon to my porridge. I like my breakfast though so I see no need to change it. 

My taste buds are so variable in the mornings! Some days I could only stomach something light and sweet, so a bowl of Coco Pops and a protein shake is on the cards; other days I could eat an entire 3 course meal and I tend to opt for something savoury like chicken, noodles and veg :thumbup1:

I should add as well, if I'm training after breakfast then it'll always be chicken and rice, always my go-to pre-workout meal.

Optimum 1scoop chocolate whey, med banana, flax sunflower pumpkin Goja berry mix 15g, wholegrain rolled oats 25g - blended up with 250ml almond milk.

424 calories and I adjust quantities as I take on more or less calories with my weight lose programme .

27 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

100g oats

250ml egg whites 

400ml skim milk

30g raisins

20g walnuts

20g peanut butter

1 banana

36g Time4 Coconut Milk/Vanilla protein powder

Amazing.

Kin ell! 

mine is ..

110 g oats with water 

30g jan

30g pb 

60g whey

1 banana 

8 hours ago, Youdontknowme said:

Kin ell! 

mine is ..

110 g oats with water 

30g jan

30g pb 

60g whey

1 banana 

Takes 5 minutes to make, just over 1000kcal and I often eat it twice a day.

Mix oats with egg whites and most of the milk - microwave on high for 3 minutes.

Mix in the nut butter, raisins and walnuts.

Add protein powder and rest of milk - stir till mixed.

Add chopped banana.

Absolutely delicious.

Make a mixture of the following:

6-7 egg whites

Cinnanom

5g of zero calorie sweeter 

Teaspoon of vanilla flavouring

Whisk it up

Soak the white bread in it until it can't absorb any more ( Need 4 slices of bread)

Fry on low heat for 15 minutes

40-50g of protein and around 400 -500 cals depending on what bread you use

Then pour some zero calorie syrup on damn...

Can also chuck a load of blueberries onto the bread as its cooking  and embed them in the toast..

And yes this is Greg Doucette's Anabolic French Toast.