Sign in to follow this  
vipuae

Do you wear a Lifting belt?

Heya everyone,

i would like to know if your wearing a lifitng belt or not.. if yes why ? do you feel secured with it .. or its for other reasons.. if not why dont you wear it ?

Yes, get a proper one (Inzer or the like).

It's not used to support your back, it's used to contract your abs/core against, to create a more solid core and build up internal pressure.

This in turn lets you lift more (but don't expect miracle strength).

I Squat 3x a week, 2x belt and 1x beltless pause squats. My beltless is about 15kg lighter than my belted (5RM).

Nope, I don't wear one, reason is I train to build strength and I don't train 1 rep maxes so I don't see any reason to wear one.

If I ever do decide to start training for a powerlifting comp etc I will start wearing one when i'm training in the 80%+ range.

If your bodybuilding, do what you like.

Heya everyone,

i would like to know if your wearing a lifitng belt or not.. if yes why ? do you feel secured with it .. or its for other reasons.. if not why dont you wear it ?

Never anymore, and never use straps either now.

Just pick it up and put it down again.

Use one as and when I feel I need to really. Don't like to have it on too long as it reminds me I'm too fat when my belly pokes out around it:crying:

Only for deads and squats if I'm doing high reps or repping a heavy weight. I like to think of my core and back as my own belt, never had any problems even with heavy deads. Then when I do wear a belt I've got extra support instead of relying on it everyday.