Kristina

Post a Recent Picture Thread - Vol. II

2 minutes ago, Wildkid said:

A lean bulk isn’t always started from a 5-10% BF physique.

A leak bulk consists of gaining weight/muscle at a maintainable rate without putting on stupid amounts of body fat compared to a full on bulk. If my weight ups by 2 pound a week then I’m happy providing my waist is staying the same size.

If you want to have a dig for the sake of having a dig, then be my guest, just make yourself out to look like a dick. 

5-10% is ripped rather than lean. 

You are certainly closer to 20% than 10%

Your cycle and your body, so you do as you please 

Just stating 'lean bulk' seems slightly misguided

20 minutes ago, Wildkid said:

34/36 waist is hardly a muffin top mate.

Forgot you wore kids size trousers, bless you. :thumbup1: 

Just for reference :P

And I'm 6 years older than you 

IMG_20201003_195750.jpg

4 minutes ago, G-man99 said:

Just for reference :P

And I'm 6 years older than you 

IMG_20201003_195750.jpg

Also looks like you’re 6 feet shorter with a 32’’ leg. Do you get half price jeans with kids clothes? 

1 minute ago, Wildkid said:

Also looks like you’re 6 feet shorter with a 32’’ leg. Do you get half price jeans with kids clothes? 

6ft at 16st 6lb actually

And yeah, they were cheap actually, got then in America. 

541 is a muscle fit, maybe you can get some one day. 

8 minutes ago, Wildkid said:

Decent if you’re making consistent gains though, especially when you’re in a big surplus!

I’m currently stuck on having to adjust my calories each week as I’m hitting a bit of a wall some weeks. As long as the right measurements are going up, and the lifts are going up, I’m trying to ignore paying too much attention to the scales. 

Yeah I’m the same. But have to weigh myself for weekly checkins. Scale weight is the easiest variable to monitor, next to measurements I guess and strength increases.

I struggle by the mirror and photos , hard to see improvements visually in yourself 

1 minute ago, G-man99 said:

6ft at 16st 6lb actually

And yeah, they were cheap actually, got then in America. 

541 is a muscle fit, maybe you can get some one day. 

Do those ‘muscle fit’ jeans go with your ‘muscle fit’ t shirts? Nice to see you’ve got some clothing to ‘tell you’. Hope they give you the much needed confidence boost buddy. 

3 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

Yeah I’m the same. But have to weigh myself for weekly checkins. Scale weight is the easiest variable to monitor, next to measurements I guess and strength increases.

I struggle by the mirror and photos , hard to see improvements visually in yourself 

I know exactly what you mean. Im finding that I’m seeing improvements in strength increases and notices big changes visually from comparable photos.

It’s hard to notice visual improvements as you see yourself every day in the mirror. You with a PT if you’re doing weekly checkins? 

2 minutes ago, Wildkid said:

Do those ‘muscle fit’ jeans go with your ‘muscle fit’ t shirts? Nice to see you’ve got some clothing to ‘tell you’. Hope they give you the much needed confidence boost buddy. 

Regular t-shirts for me Harry, don't need them clinging on to me. 

I'm no bodybuilder, just a gym goer 

They are athletic fit if we are being precise. 

Have some stretch around the thighs, possibly around the waist as well. 

Maybe worth a look 

4 minutes ago, G-man99 said:

Maybe worth a look 

I didn’t ask for your inside leg measurement, no need to explain your life story to me mate. 

3 minutes ago, Wildkid said:

I know exactly what you mean. Im finding that I’m seeing improvements in strength increases and notices big changes visually from comparable photos.

It’s hard to notice visual improvements as you see yourself every day in the mirror. You with a PT if you’re doing weekly checkins? 

Yes mate. I failed my last bulk, just put loads of fat and water on. Decided to get a coach for post lockdown after I dieted myself. Was only going to do a few months but decided to stick with him for a year or so while I get my head around managing cals/macros. 

the accountability keeps the mind focussed throughout the week. 

5 minutes ago, G-man99 said:

Maybe worth a look 

I might buy some when I got some muscles in me legs 

Just now, Wildkid said:

I didn’t ask for your inside leg measurement, no need to explain your life story to me mate. 

Aww, just thought we were getting to know each other as well

1 minute ago, Youdontknowme said:

I might buy some when I got some muscles in me legs 

Would look good on you mate 

1 hour ago, Wildkid said:

470BA0FD-1671-402A-96F4-98D9FBB57411.thumb.jpeg.49de7015939f0a93cb9e92166e47d372.jpegCurrently on a lean bulk through until December, sitting at 16 stone 9. Hoping to peak around 18 stone. Definitely starting to get some decent thickness on my back. (Ignore the T shirt tan lines haha!) 

You're fat mate, I'd cut down before you become even fatter 

50 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

I’m frantically clinging on to a 32 waist for as long as possible lol. My body seems to be lapping up the calories right now on this bulk , not sure how long that will last though!

Perfectly possible to do, my waist is 31.5 inches. Have to buy 36 or 38 trousers to get suitable size for legs and then wear a belt which is annoying. 

At 259lbs (117.8kg) my waist was 35. 5 inches, but I was force feeding and decided I didn't like being that size. Walking my dogs was getting tough up and down hills and life just felt laboured. 

I'd be inclined to agree with @G-man99 that a lean bulk is best started from a lean position. Insulin sensitivity is high, its harder to gain fat when leaner, look better and your body is better primed to grow. I'd be happy with 2-4lbs a month if lean bulking very strictly. 

Everyone has different goals tho, some prioritise aesthetics, some want to just look good in a top, others don't care and just want to be strong. Each to their own. 

21 minutes ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Perfectly possible to do, my waist is 31.5 inches. Have to buy 36 or 38 trousers to get suitable size for legs and then wear a belt which is annoying. 

At 259lbs (117.8kg) my waist was 35. 5 inches, but I was force feeding and decided I didn't like being that size. Walking my dogs was getting tough up and down hills and life just felt laboured. 

I'd be inclined to agree with @G-man99 that a lean bulk is best started from a lean position. Insulin sensitivity is high, its harder to gain fat when leaner, look better and your body is better primed to grow. I'd be happy with 2-4lbs a month if lean bulking very strictly. 

Everyone has different goals tho, some prioritise aesthetics, some want to just look good in a top, others don't care and just want to be strong. Each to their own. 

Perhaps that’s what’s happening here with me , I started around 12 ish % Bf on this bulk and have been increasing cals slowly weekly and everything is staying tight on 1000+ surplus (similar cals last year and got fat, went from 32” waist needing a belt to 34 without a belt!). I’ve averaged 4lb a month since gyms opened up but it’s stalled last couple of weeks, but progress everywhere else so not too worried. 

my aim is 200-210 15% max. I’m 6ft and current 180

edit: my request to the coach was a steady bulk and please keep my jaw line 

3 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

Perhaps that’s what’s happening here with me , I started around 12 ish % Bf on this bulk and have been increasing cals slowly weekly and everything is staying tight on 1000+ surplus (similar cals last year and got fat, went from 32” waist needing a belt to 34 without a belt!). I’ve averaged 4lb a month since gyms opened up but it’s stalled last couple of weeks, but progress everywhere else so not too worried. 

my aim is 200-210 15% max. I’m 6ft and current 180

edit: my request to the coach was a steady bulk and please keep my jaw line 

Your coach has a similar view point to ones I've used and it's sensible. 

When I go into a gaining stage I effectively add size up until I get to a point I'd feel uncomfortable being seen without a shirt on, which is basically when my abs disappear so around the 15% mark on my torso. My legs are always fatter. 

If you've got no definition, for me I see no point in gaining more size, I don't buy into the Lee Priest type bulk. I'm not looking to get noticeably bigger now anyway. 105-110kg in good nick is my comfortable space.