Kristina

Post a Recent Picture Thread - Vol. II

24 minutes ago, js77 said:

Mate, he said ‘show me a natty‘......not ........‘show me a juicer who claims to to be natty ‘........or were you taking the piss??!!

Was taking the piss, well spotted

25 minutes ago, Abc987 said:

and don’t mean to dig you out but seeing you are just over 5feet I struggle to see how that makes you genetically gifted.

I'm guessing that was aimed at @alphafit not me

7 minutes ago, Seppuku71 said:

8 minutes ago, Seppuku71 said:

It’s amazing how many people still think Mike Hearn is natural

57 minutes ago, Abc987 said:

He ain’t fu**ing natty lol

and don’t mean to dig you out but seeing you are just over 5feet I struggle to see how that makes you genetically gifted.

Bodybuilding in general is a short man sport, don't be mad and bitch about it. (example would be Frank Zane(175cm) beating Arnold(188cm), Phill Heath(175) , Larry Scott(170) best arms bodybuilding has seen, Frano Columbo(165cm)  and many many more.) So yeah I am gentically gifted in terms of bodybuilding. Plus not everyone wants to be a tree with mangy sticks for arms. I am quite happy about my physique height included.

19 minutes ago, alphafit said:

Bodybuilding in general is a sport for wombles, don't be mad and bitch about it. (example would be Frank Zane(175cm) beating Arnold(188cm), Phill Heath(175) , Larry Scott(170) best arms bodybuilding has seen, Frano Columbo(165cm)  and many many more.) So yeah I am gentically gifted in terms of bodybuilding. Plus not everyone wants to be a tree with mangy sticks for arms. I am quite happy about my physique height included.

Ive said it before on here, short folk tend to look better in pics and even videos. In real life they go from looking small to a womble. There is no in between hence taller people will look better in real life unless they’re freakishly tall. 
Not hating on anyone, it’s just how it is and TBH, I’m not sure why I’ve quoted you as it’s not aimed at you personally. 
Since I’ve got your attention I’ve gotta think of something to say about your man bag, “oh yeah, short ass, climb back into your man bag like a chihuahua!!” :P

D86728AB-6AD7-44A6-BD16-2C42353E3F94.gif

3 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Ive said it before on here, short folk tend to look better in pics and even videos. In real life they go from looking small to a womble. There is no in between hence taller people will look better in real life unless they’re freakishly tall. 
Not hating on anyone, it’s just how it is and TBH, I’m not sure why I’ve quoted you as it’s not aimed at you personally. 
Since I’ve got your attention I’ve gotta think of something to say about your man bag, “oh yeah, short ass, climb back into your man bag like a chihuahua!!” :P

D86728AB-6AD7-44A6-BD16-2C42353E3F94.gif

Blueberry, what do a clowns and tall guys have in common? They use the same shoe store :lol:

How do you make a tall person look awkward? You can't, he already does.:lol:

Where does a tall person find a gf? On top of a step ladder :D

24 minutes ago, alphafit said:

Blueberry, what do a clowns and tall guys have in common? They use the same shoe store :lol:

How do you make a tall person look awkward? You can't, he already does.:lol:

Where does a tall person find a gf? On top of a step ladder :D

Haha. :lol:

20 hours ago, SwoleTip said:

Show me a natty that looks like that. That's one of the best physiques i've seen. And I know dudes with upper tier genetics that would get dwarfed by that dude (which i can post). Looks way bigger than 160lbs aswell even at 173cm. Mind blown.

jason-blaha-serge-nubret-3.png

images.jpeg.jpg

18 hours ago, js77 said:

It’s amazing how many people still think Mike Hearn is natural

He is. He gets all his gains from having a vegan diet and a special training program focusing on a mind muscle connection. That's how the world's greatest Natty Eddie Hall made all his gains. ;)

Hello,
since I'm new to this forum, I thought I'd post some recent pictures of myself. I posted a question in another thread and already got help, so thank you very much. I'm from Slovenia, so sorry if my english is sometimes not as good :)
These are taken about 2 weeks ago.

1.png.648841e7fa5fe09ddf8a0cfdbda2e04a.png2.png.7953fc490472bf226ecdca2270d730eb.png

1 hour ago, rokd said:

Hello,
since I'm new to this forum, I thought I'd post some recent pictures of myself. I posted a question in another thread and already got help, so thank you very much. I'm from Slovenia, so sorry if my english is sometimes not as good :)
These are taken about 2 weeks ago.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c87b51b55a16542d1.png.648841e7fa5fe09ddf8a0cfdbda2e04a.png

Welcome 

You look awesome! I'm trying to get this lean now. How long have you been lifting? 

2 hours ago, SwoleTip said:

Welcome 

You look awesome! I'm trying to get this lean now. How long have you been lifting? 

Thanks!!

I started lifting about 15 years ago (I'm 34 now). But a couple of years back, I stopped for abot a year and a half. I had problems with addiction and depression and went through a treatment. Seems like I always take everything to the extreme and can't find a middle way :) Right now, I just can't stop dieting, but if I would have a cheat meal, it would probably end in binge eating for the whole weekend :) Anyway - I've competed 2 times - once in 2010 and the second time in 2015. Now, I first have to regain some mass and simmetry in legs, because I had a knee injury last year.

6 hours ago, rokd said:

Thanks!!

I started lifting about 15 years ago (I'm 34 now). But a couple of years back, I stopped for abot a year and a half. I had problems with addiction and depression and went through a treatment. Seems like I always take everything to the extreme and can't find a middle way :) Right now, I just can't stop dieting, but if I would have a cheat meal, it would probably end in binge eating for the whole weekend :) Anyway - I've competed 2 times - once in 2010 and the second time in 2015. Now, I first have to regain some mass and simmetry in legs, because I had a knee injury last year.

What were the addictions issues if you don’t mind me asking. I’d say more than 75% of ukm members also suffer from addiction and maybe you could give some helpful pointers as to how they may overcome these issues.

Im only trying to help....always thinking of others before myself and try and do a good turn everyday x

7 hours ago, js77 said:

What were the addictions issues if you don’t mind me asking. I’d say more than 75% of ukm members also suffer from addiction and maybe you could give some helpful pointers as to how they may overcome these issues.

Im only trying to help....always thinking of others before myself and try and do a good turn everyday x

Well, I try not to act smart about what others should or shouldnt do, because everyone is different.
For me, the only option at that time was going to an institution / rehab, where I had no contacts with the outside world, only visits one time per week.
I constantly had a cocktail of different drugs in me. Anything that I could get, I would put into myself. The only thing that I didn't do was injecting, but excluding that, I still tryed almost every drug, just other routes of administration.

The first time, when I got out, I soon had a relapse, so I had to repeat everything.
After the second time, I had another relapse, but handled it without rehab and I started attending NA meetings.
That really helped me in the beginning, because I was depressed and had a whole lot of debt, that I still haven't payed.

Now, I don't go to NA meetings that often - maybe once a week, but I also have a psychotherapist every week.
I'm trying to cope with my obsessive personality.

I think that the most important thing (for me at least) is that I regularly take some time for myself and think about what I want in the long run and to make at least some approximate plans, so that when the life becomes too demanding, I still have something to stick to. The most damaging for me was my "all or nothing" mentality and saying to myself that everything is f**ked, so I don't care if it gets f**ked some more.

8 hours ago, js77 said:

I think addictive personalities and compulsive behaviours go hand in hand with BB, PL and other similar sports. It's almost like taking control of your body. The prep, the food, the drugs, the routine, the progress - it's all competing against and controlling yourself, and to be successful you almost have to be compulsive. I think this is often where dysmorphia comes in too.

2 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

I think addictive personalities and compulsive behaviours go hand in hand with BB, PL and other similar sports. It's almost like taking control of your body. The prep, the food, the drugs, the routine, the progress - it's all competing against and controlling yourself, and to be successful you almost have to be compulsive. I think this is often where dysmorphia comes in too.

I agree completely!
I'm working on this with my psychotherapist. A "normal" person probably couldn't believe, how hard it is for me, to put aside my daily routine (training, meal prep, etc.) or just make one little exception. The need for control of everything is an addiction of itself.
When I got clean, it was like I had immediately switched from drugs back to fitness. That's the only thing that I knew from before and I have had this kind of lifestyle since my late teens.

The biggest irony is that I don't even do this professionally and don't make a cent of it.
I work as a computer programmer - sitting behind a screen for 8 hours a day.

Critique of my first year of bodybuilding (01/07/2019-01/07/2020)

Because of my stubbornness I have fooked up the first year of BB. I mistakenly thought that leaning out at 252-255lbs would alleviate apnea symptoms and allow me to take gear again. I have tried so many combinations of gear/food/diet to try to get away from the apnea but have had to come to the realisation that I will have to strip to 230s.

I have trained hard and consistently, even through lockdown. I have lived the life by eating well, no alcohol/drugs/smoking etc but the lack of sleep has snookered me and left me spinning my wheels.

I am still learning about BB of course and am bound to make many mistakes over the coming months and years.

Here is a pic from 30th June at approx 258lbs in the evening. I look fairly decent for 46yo but still have the same issues which are lack of muscle on upper back and arms. I haven’t been able to train legs for a few months either but I think these are still pretty big (apart from calves!!).

I have entered a transformation comp with a few of the lads off TM until the end of the year and I am determined to do well in that. I will start working with a coach on September 1st to try a different approach to diet and training too. First stop mid 230s.

I still harbour distant thoughts about competing but it could be a while away yet.

HG_300620_2.jpeg

@Huntingground

Have you tried doing ‘vacuum’ exercises for stomach? I think that if you can pull in your stomach tighter whilst flexing it’ll give a much better illusion of size if that makes sense? It’s not about being lean as your stomach looks lean on the surface but it’s still large if that makes sense? I think if you ‘lose’ 2” off your waist by pulling it in, it’ll be like gaining more on the chest. 
Hope that helps.
Obviously if you’re already vacuuming then ignore me and pretend you aren’t. :D

2 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

@Huntingground

Have you tried doing ‘vacuum’ exercises for stomach? I think that if you can pull in your stomach tighter whilst flexing it’ll give a much better illusion of size if that makes sense? It’s not about being lean as your stomach looks lean on the surface but it’s still large if that makes sense? I think if you ‘lose’ 2” off your waist by pulling it in, it’ll be like gaining more on the chest. 
Hope that helps.
Obviously if you’re already vacuuming then ignore me and pretend you aren’t. :D

Defo makes sense and people have stated it before. I haven't done it though!!

It was all the heavy SQ and DL allied to the immense amounts of food to get me to 20-21st whilst competing I think. Guinness too :D

TBH the main issue is the apnea so when/if I lose the 20lbs, I should look better and have a slimmer waist too.

Cheers!!

10 minutes ago, Huntingground said:

Defo makes sense and people have stated it before. I haven't done it though!!

It was all the heavy SQ and DL allied to the immense amounts of food to get me to 20-21st whilst competing I think. Guinness too :D

TBH the main issue is the apnea so when/if I lose the 20lbs, I should look better and have a slimmer waist too.

Cheers!!

Definitely do the vacuums, do them while at work or while watching a movie until you’re at the stage where you’re semi vacuuming without hardly trying. I remember doing them when you g(I just did it, no one told me to) and the Doms were something else but eventually those muscles were strong and would be semi vacuuming with no effort. 
Ensure you do them correctly too and not simply just hold stomach in a bit, they ain’t easy to do at first so don’t despair. 

6 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Definitely do the vacuums, do them while at work or while watching a movie until you’re at the stage where you’re semi vacuuming without hardly trying. I remember doing them when you g(I just did it, no one told me to) and the Doms were something else but eventually those muscles were strong and would be semi vacuuming with no effort. 
Ensure you do them correctly too and not simply just hold stomach in a bit, they ain’t easy to do at first so don’t despair. 

Explain how to do them correctly please?

On 21/06/2020 at 2:35 PM, SwoleTip said:

Welcome 

From trannies to men.... mate im worried about you.. the confusion in your head must be driving you nuts!!