vtec_yo

Are there any pre-workouts that are worth bothering with?

How did you get on?

Pretty underwhelmed to be honest pal. Considering I haven't used a pre workout for about 18 months it hasn't really done much apart from increase focus as I don't feel much of an energy boost from it. I bought it as for the last 3 weeks I was paying £1.50 at my gym for 1scoop of noxplode just for leg day and that gave me mega focus and okay energy. I seem to get more from one scoop of noxplode than 1 scoop of this, I only bought this as the reviews were better and everyone online thinks noxplode is sh*t.

Pretty underwhelmed to be honest pal. Considering I haven't used a pre workout for about 18 months it hasn't really done much apart from increase focus as I don't feel much of an energy boost from it. I bought it as for the last 3 weeks I was paying £1.50 at my gym for 1scoop of noxplode just for leg day and that gave me mega focus and okay energy. I seem to get more from one scoop of noxplode than 1 scoop of this, I only bought this as the reviews were better and everyone online thinks noxplode is sh*t.

Sounds like a let down then. Might try noxplode. Just sometimes tired from work and need jump starting

Sounds like a let down then. Might try noxplode. Just sometimes tired from work and need jump starting

Yeah thats the same as me, I train in the evenings straight after work and wanted it mainly for leg day to give me that extra boost which is does but I'm not blown away by it. I seemed to get more from noxplode 3.0 but the general consensus on here is this is good and noxplode isnt but not for me.

I am now currently using Athletic Edge's new reformulated Steel Edge. It was originally one of AEN's first pre-workouts and has recently been reformulated during their rebranding of the company to Athletic Edge.

Currently having some good results with increased focus, concentraion, energy throughout the workout and some very good pumps.

can't have a coffee preworkout... having a hot drink is just weird for me before gym. i need something in ice cold water and a bit sour

Try Nitroworks by @TheProteinWorks the Tropical Punch flavour has a nice ''twang'' to it. Does what It says on the tin too.

This picture was post chest after a double serving.

12002315_488700004640911_1482080810490313171_n.jpg

If you're looking for real results rather than just a kick, our Performance PRIME Caffeine Free is on buy 1, get 1 free this weekend and the ingredients are unbeatable. Proper dosages, scientifically validated ingredients, and non-stim so you won't fry you're receptors on it. Code is 'OLYMPIA' for the buy one get one, http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/performance-prime-caffeine-free

I recently bought 100 caffeine tabs off eBay for £3, have two preworkout so 400mg of caffeine and it's the same energy if not better than the normal preworkouts out ATM, and 6p per gym session a load cheaper lol, I have creatine and taurine powder seperate already

so Jack'd Up was really good - basically the same as Jack3d and gave me a proper big buzz, really strong on it, but the crash after wasn't as bad for some reason.

They also recommend 3 scoops but I started with 2. Will try 3 tonight and see how I get one

Where'd you buy it?

Edited by vtec_yo

eVitamins mate, took about 10 days to come from the US

it's actually really good but there is definitely a difficulty to sleep and a bit of a comedown like with Jack3d

did you just go for the cheapest delivery option mate ? I take it it got through customs ok?

I'm on a drug called selegiline for a number of different reasons (nootropic, prolactin reducer, etc.) It is also a MAOI-B inhibitor, to anyone who knows what that means.

MAOI-B inhibitors make a lot of drugs that act on dopamine much more potent and longer acting.

Anyway I'm successfully using about 200mg of PEA as an awesome PWO, it feels as powerful as alot of reccy stims (but clearer headed your not "fucked-up" and I don't get anxiety like I usually get when heavily stimmed). And best thing about it is it wears of pretty quick if you do about an hour in the gym you'll be coming down before you get home. Crash doesn't feel great (but nowhere near as bad as most stim crashes) but doesn't last long at all 1hr or so, I train at night anyway so I just go to bed.

If you ever try this don't go any higher on doses 10mg Selegiline a day, 200mg PEA at a time (if this is comfortable you can increase PEA doses slowly). Don't increase Selegiline above 10mg as is can become a MAOI-A inhibitor which is dangerous. Either drug alone will be useless as a PWO, take Selegiline for a few days before introducing any PEA.

Please research MAOI'S and drug interactions before considering this. It is safe if you take safe doses. I have never seen any report of anyone getting in trouble on Selegiline + PEA combo. But just to make anyone who may try it knows they are basically using a drug interaction to get a complete mind/focus/energy buzz. A normal PEA dose when not on Selegiline is more like 4000mg! Don't do this dose with Selegiline in your system or you will get whatever the dopamine equivalent of serotonin syndrome is.

Reading my post I realise no one's prob gonna try it but if your on a MAOI-B for any other reason get yourself some PEA (pennies on line) and try it out. Google keywords PEA, Selegiline etc you'll be directed to reccy drug forum discussions with all the info you could need.

Edited by lewdylewd

Dhacks ECA was good, only have a few left. Have pharma ephs which are not bad, but I don't use them often

I think the OP is correct in that most don't do much in my experience. Caffeine drinks help and decent dbol for some folk.

Some WC mixes give a bit of a boost. The ones with mtest and mtren but not a cheap option

did you just go for the cheapest delivery option mate ? I take it it got through customs ok?

yeah cheapest delivery, but did get hit with a £16 customs charge for 2 tubs. not sure if this is £8 per tub or if it would be £16 either way, that included the royal mail handling charge (£7-8 I think)