Amazin

is it actually possible to get 40-50g of protein per meal from veg?

x 2 cans of tuna.

Optional use Tesco brand healthy living high protein pasta Fusilli pasta.

Cherries Tomato's Halved.

Red onion finely chopped.

Peeled Cubed Cucumber

Salt/Pepper to taste

Teaspoon Olive Oil.

Edited by DaveCW

yes I do but part of me want to take a break from eating meats because I believe its more health that way. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Bill Pearl was vegterian

why not go Pescetarian ? or are you not keen on fish ?

yes I do but part of me want to take a break from eating meats because I believe its more health that way. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Bill Pearl was vegterian

but your not Bill Pearl, a vegetarian does not mean you cannot eat dairy products so why would you even try to get pro from veg??

the answer is no, not to the amount that you could eat and not overburden your digestive system.

Most lentils and legumes would be OK with this, but you may want to watch your dietary fibre intake as to not be bog-bound until you adapt.

Why are you focusing on individual meals? I tend to hit about 150g protein a day, usually split over 4-6 meals, depending on what's convenient. I just make sure I hit my numbers and eat whatever I want. Oh, and I am vegan so yeah, everything is 'just' through veg ;-).

Interesting! Do you include them in your diet, any other foods one might not think of when choosing for high protein content you could recommend?

Yeah i get through about 4 tins a week, add them to my chillis/spag Bol/any mince dish really lol sometimes with boiled eggs and salad if I'm feeling really healthy lol

Lentils are quite high in protein, peas aren't too bad, nothing amazing but about 5-7g/100g if I remember correctly.

As far as I know, black beans are the best beans for protein; about 22g per 100g.

Kidney beans are 9g per 100g.

Edamame beans are 11g per 100g.

Find black beans in the world food sections... personally I just get them tinned because it's practical and easier than getting them raw but you can do what you prefer.

Add these to your mince or even quorn mince along with spices; makes the perfect chilli. Can easily amount to 40-50g protein.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Edited by Kristina

I don't believe the amino acid profile is good enough in veg for you to actually derive protein from it in any large amount, some people count wholemeal bread as protein stating that there is 6 grams in every round, but at best they would only derive around 20% of this so if they ate 6 rounds per day they would get maybe 5 grams or so.

Eggs, milk, nuts, pulses, eggs being by far the best, but you would have to eat a lot of eggs to attain enough to aid you in bodybuilding.

Was Bill Pearl always a veggie??? I cant see that when he was a Marine?!

Simply not true.

yes it is, how much actually protein are you going to get, do you think you are going to get an 80 or 90%take up from veg protein, in it normal form, you would have to graze like a cow, tell me the diet I would need to get me at 210lbs to get what those in the bodybuilding world considers to be sufficient, the quality of protein form any veg is not that you would get from an egg, I don't even count protein from poor sources.

what you meant to say is simply not true, in your opinion!!