UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Home made weight gain shake

5K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Fletch68 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

working some tough hours at the moment and could really do with a good weight gainer recipe, preferably one that doesnt rely on oats as i really don't enjoy them in my shakes.

many thanks

#5 ·
Hudson said:
Have you tried the fine ground stuff from somewhere like myprotein? lot better than the porridge oats. Other than that, whey obv, peanut butter, evoo.
hi mate, yeah ive tried the my protein ones and i still dont really get on with them, i mean i could drink it, its just id prefer not to haha

#7 ·
ynwa said:
thanks mate, its just the texture of them, literally tastes like sand haha ive even tried the my protien instant oats aswell!
Are you drinking the shake straight after making it? Leaving it for say 10 minutes will allow the oats to absorb water and soften up. You can make you own very fine oats with a coffee grinder, and not quite as fine with a regular blender.

If you really can't stand oats I'd use bananas as the main carb source, blended up with whole milk, whey and peanut butter. Olive oil works nutrionally but for me ruins the taste.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.