ynwa

Home made weight gain shake

Hi guys,

working some tough hours at the moment and could really do with a good weight gainer recipe, preferably one that doesnt rely on oats as i really don't enjoy them in my shakes.

many thanks

Hi guys,

working some tough hours at the moment and could really do with a good weight gainer recipe, preferably one that doesnt rely on oats as i really don't enjoy them in my shakes.

many thanks

Have you tried the fine ground stuff from somewhere like myprotein? lot better than the porridge oats. Other than that, whey obv, peanut butter, evoo.

Olive oil/peanut butter/coconut oil for your fats.

Oats would really help for your carbs. What is it that you don't like about them?

thanks mate, its just the texture of them, literally tastes like sand haha ive even tried the my protien instant oats aswell!

Have you tried the fine ground stuff from somewhere like myprotein? lot better than the porridge oats. Other than that, whey obv, peanut butter, evoo.

hi mate, yeah ive tried the my protein ones and i still dont really get on with them, i mean i could drink it, its just id prefer not to haha

hi mate, yeah ive tried the my protein ones and i still dont really get on with them, i mean i could drink it, its just id prefer not to haha

Personally I've not tried myproteins oats but I can say tpw do great oats. Best ones I've ever had n like you I weren't to keen with the others.

thanks mate, its just the texture of them, literally tastes like sand haha ive even tried the my protien instant oats aswell!

Are you drinking the shake straight after making it? Leaving it for say 10 minutes will allow the oats to absorb water and soften up. You can make you own very fine oats with a coffee grinder, and not quite as fine with a regular blender.

If you really can't stand oats I'd use bananas as the main carb source, blended up with whole milk, whey and peanut butter. Olive oil works nutrionally but for me ruins the taste.

I have this as a breakfast shake

400ml semi skimmed

60g whey

20g pure honey

50g my protein peanut butter

30g milled flax seed

937 cals pro/84g Carbs/45g Fats/46g

im gonna try this.

If you're not liking the oats you could use some waxy maize starch powder instead. So maybe some of that in some whole milk, with some whey, banana, honey, olive or coconut oil and whatever else you fancy.

I have this inbetween POW meal and tea

600mil full fat milk

4 oreos

40g grounded oats

30g grounded almonds

30g peanut butter

1 banana

20g unflavoured whey

just over 1000cals i think. Oats can obviously be replaced by more oreos if your not a fan if them!

On Tuesday, October 07, 2014 at 8:54 PM, G-man99 said:

Can add in crushed weetabix as an alternative too oats.

If not then just use whey, milk and peanut butter and eat a banana with it

I might try that. Works well?