Sign in to follow this  
Goodfella

Go Nutrition Cream of Rice + Review

Decided to get myself some of [MENTION=82678]GoNutrition[/MENTION] 's new Cream of Rice + after hearing lots on cream of rice already and how easy it is on the stomach. Also with advocates such as John Meadows I thought it would be worth a shot!

So here's my review :)

Taste

The hint of vanilla flavour is lovely. Not too sweet but very nice and does not need anything adding to make it palatable. Although adding some peanut butter I think would be amazing! I have this post workout and its a really nice sweet treat after a hard workout. I like it more like a pudding and less runny. If you follow the guidelines after 3 30 second nukes it nice and runny and one more it ends up like this.

post-72234-143615016987_thumb.jpg

Not the best looking lol but a great pudding like consistency.

This could easily just go straight into a shake too!

Overall taste is great, not too sweet and can easily make a great addition to shakes and other meals!

5/5

Results

Now I'm basing this solely off digestion as the main reason I got this is because I struggle digesting most low GI carbs such as oats, sweet potato etc. This is really very light on the stomach. I have 50g post workout giving 40g of carbs and within 30 minutes I can easily have a big post workout meal without feeling bloated or uncomfortable. I can put this down to the carb source itself but also they are added digestive enzymes and a vitamin mineral complex which help with this. Combining the two and I can't see how this would upset anyone's stomach!!

Digestion easy to score.

5/5

Value

I bought 5kg's of the Cream of Rice + using the current discount code RICE15 and it worked out at roughly £20. Now I can pick up short grain rice pudding at supermarkets for about £2 per kg but thats flavourless and has no added digestive enzymes or vitamin and minerals. So for me this is worth it. You get 100 50g servings in a 5kg bag and without the discount code that works out at 23p a serving so hardly breaking the bank!

4/5

Overall

This is a great product for anyone looking for a easy to digest, tasty and versatile carb source that has quality carbs,vitamins, minerals and digestive enzymes to boot!!

5/5

[MENTION=82678]GoNutrition[/MENTION] top work will be buying again :D

Great review mate. Mine arrives tomorrow and I've ordered it for the same reasons!

I'll use 150g a day to replace oats, it'll be good to feel less bloated at my desk :)

Once my bulk gets in full flow I'll be having bowl after bowl lol

50g goes rapid :(

Would you say you prefer eating cream of rice compared to oats [MENTION=72234]Goodfella[/MENTION] ?

For digestion definitely! I love the taste oats but they bloat me. Whereas this doesn't at all so light on the stomach and this is even tastier!

Do they not offer this product unflavored so that you can flavor it yourself?

I'm sure in the future it will be mate, guess it depends how well it does.

Think I may have to try this, usually have 100g oats but i'm ridiculously bloated and full for hours.

Sick of it so dropped oats lately.

Same here mate. It's a life saver when bulking :)

http://gonutrition.com/cream-of-rice-plus

RICE15 for 15% off

Think I may have to try this, usually have 100g oats but i'm ridiculously bloated and full for hours.

Sick of it so dropped oats lately.

Difference is light and day mate. 100g of oats, I feel like sh1t and have to force later meals down. Not with this :)

This is a great idea to replace my pre and post workout shake carb source. Has anyone tried it cold just mixed in a shaker? I have no access to a microwave and would just blend it with vanilla whey. I guess it can't be much different to and pay and whey shake with water

This is a great idea to replace my pre and post workout shake carb source. Has anyone tried it cold just mixed in a shaker? I have no access to a microwave and would just blend it with vanilla whey. I guess it can't be much different to and pay and whey shake with water

That's how I'll be using it for meal 1 for the day mate, this plus whey and dextrose. Should mix fine :)

Get mine today so I'll update on here.

Mixes very well mate, tastes lush in chocolate and banana whey :D

So its ground rice/rice flour with flavouring and digestive enzymes?

When I have rice flour it's one of the only foods I'd not bother with a digestive enzyme any as it's so easily digested.

If I have a bowel of it I treat it like oats... Cook and add chock Isolate...