Sign in to follow this  
Akita

Hard boiled eggs getting boring...

Last week I started to boil up 6 eggs a day to take with me to work, 8 days in and they're boring the sh!t out of me. I know for a fact a couple more weeks of this and I'll be gagging when eating them.

So, to all you hard boiled egg fans, what can I add to it to improve the taste? (cant add many calories to it). I think its the dry texture of the yolk that's doing me in. Any calorie free sauces about?

I took to speed eating them with milkshake, milk or water. Each day I'd try to beat the previous days time. That got me through a fair few eggs :)

Or you could eat the yolk first and then the egg white. Eat the yolk with some water and you'll find it'll almost dissolve in your mouth. Salt helped too at other times.

You could always cook them differently, you don't have to eat eggs boiled :)

Last week I started to boil up 6 eggs a day to take with me to work, 8 days in and they're boring the sh!t out of me. I know for a fact a couple more weeks of this and I'll be gagging when eating them.

So, to all you hard boiled egg fans, what can I add to it to improve the taste? (cant add many calories to it). I think its the dry texture of the yolk that's doing me in. Any calorie free sauces about?

Don't eat eggs?

I know I stopped because the taste and smell made me wretch.

Or you cold make a soufflé omelette and slice it up and eat it? Give a different texture and no difference in calories really.

Failing that encona do a really nice Jamaican hot sauce in a that is great on eggs.

Lol. Seems I'm not alone.

[MENTION=63103]RowRow[/MENTION] when I'm over tesco later I'll buy a bottle and try it out! Failing that I guess I'll just chew faster lol.

Warden Farms is a bit pricey imo. Plus if you read their product reviews on Amazon it doesn't instill much confidence in their taste.

Might go back to frying them with some sausages and bacon :lol:

Why not go back to what you use to eat before starting on the eggs then when you get board of that go back to eggs

I found even with sauce it's no good. I was having 6 a day and was enjoying them at first with a bit of ketchup. After about a week I could eat them, they were making me heave so I packed it in.

Eggs are ok but you have to change it up I think, have um boiled for a couple of days then scrambled, poached or an omellete.

Saying that I've got an egg and bacon salad today for lunch which is good with a bit of mayo