Mingster

Twilight of the Thunder God

And my third Pull session this afternoon...

Hex Bar Deadlift 8,6,6,4,4,4. Up to 180kg.

Hang Power Cleans 4x6. Up to 70kg.

V Grip Pulldowns 3x10.

DB Curls 3x12.

All well, but I'm very tired now, and will definitely be having tomorrow off and maybe Sunday too. Time to rest up and take a few calories on board. My first meal PWO will be a bowl of porridge with honey and double cream, and I have several calorific meals lined up for over the weekend. Today's weight was 100.5kg.

Have a great weekend guys:beer:

Workout 1 today...

Squats 6x8 up to 130kg.

Hyperextensions 3x10 with 5kg added.

Rear Laterals 3x12.

Side Laterals 3x12.

Another 10kg on the Squat. I think I'll do a couple of sessions at 8x140kg then drop to a % based powerlifting programme. I'll just lay some foundations first.

It could be said that I don't do much in the way of leg training on my Leg day, but I do get quite a bit from my Hypers too. I try to begin the lift in my hams, squeeze through my glutes and, finally, contract my erectors in the top position. I have my Hyper bench set so I'm all but doing GHR's tbh.

Bench day tomorrow and I plan to try a couple of tweaks to my technique;):thumbup1:

11 minutes ago, BestBefore1989 said:

I saw this email and thought of you. Cant remember if you said you had one or if you said you wanted one!

59e4cd5aae5cc_ghroffer.thumb.jpg.b23a3bded92a6904753c586f09f9cf3a.jpg

Yes mate, I want one. Thanks for pointing it out. I've got the same e-mail but I'm struggling to justify it atm with all the home improvements going on. It's the second time I've seen it reduced in fairly recent times so I may well be tempted next time.

Todays Push session.

Bench Press 6x5 up to 110kg.

CGBP 3x8.

Flat Flyes 3x12.

Hammer Curls 3x12.

Still progressing but my Bench doesn't feel right just as yet. I'm having trouble wedging my traps against the bench, and I keep slipping back after a couple of reps. I may well drop the reps for the top sets down to 2-3 and see if I can nail that down first. I may also try a slightly narrower hand placing too.  At least I'm starting to find a foot position I'm happy with:)

On 15/10/2017 at 4:46 PM, Mingster said:

Workout 1 today...

Squats 6x8 up to 130kg.

Hyperextensions 3x10 with 5kg added.

Rear Laterals 3x12.

Side Laterals 3x12.

Another 10kg on the Squat. I think I'll do a couple of sessions at 8x140kg then drop to a % based powerlifting programme. I'll just lay some foundations first.

It could be said that I don't do much in the way of leg training on my Leg day, but I do get quite a bit from my Hypers too. I try to begin the lift in my hams, squeeze through my glutes and, finally, contract my erectors in the top position. I have my Hyper bench set so I'm all but doing GHR's tbh.

Bench day tomorrow and I plan to try a couple of tweaks to my technique;):thumbup1:

I think i do something similar on my gyms hyperextension, i bend forward with the hip hinge as far as possible and keep a neutral spine right through and contract with hams and glutes with a good squeeze there at the top.  I cant do the glute ham raise so this is my substitute..it kinda feels like an RDL but more isolated and with faaar less loading (a 20kg plate atm).

27 minutes ago, Mingster said:

Todays Push session.

Bench Press 6x5 up to 110kg.

CGBP 3x8.

Flat Flyes 3x12.

Hammer Curls 3x12.

Still progressing but my Bench doesn't feel right just as yet. I'm having trouble wedging my traps against the bench, and I keep slipping back after a couple of reps. I may well drop the reps for the top sets down to 2-3 and see if I can nail that down first. I may also try a slightly narrower hand placing too.  At least I'm starting to find a foot position I'm happy with:)

I put my resistance bands on my bench which I find helps prevent slipping

So I completed the fourth cycle of my Legs/Push/Pull earlier today.

Hex Bar Deadlifts 8,6,6,4,4,4. Up to 185kg.

Low Rows 3x8.

V Bar Pulldowns 3x10.

DB Curls 3x12. Last set AMRAP.

The usual 5kg added to the Deads and small increases to the Pulldowns and Curls. I've switched to Low Rows from the Hang Cleans simply as I dislike the only suitable bar that's available to me. I'm fairly certain that this will affect my form on this exercise as the weights increase and I don't want any injuries.

Bodyweight up to 102kg today so up 7kg from my pre holiday level.