Sign in to follow this  
Greenspin

Training Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Alright everyone,

With any luck I'll be under the knife next Thursday for a gyno op. States in the information pack that I'll need to wait 6 weeks before doing any strenuous exercise. Think it's going to drive me pretty barmy not to be in the gym for that long. I plan to go in and at least do some walking on the treadmill, and also as I feel comfortable some light leg work etc. I'm going to ask the surgeon what she thinks as far as training, but I was wondering if there is anyone who has had the op, or knows anyone who's had the op, that could enlighten me as to when they started getting back into the gym.

Cheers

Edited by Greenspin

Sorry no post op experience but I do work in a hospital and I'd say do as you feel capable.

Cheers mate. This is kind of what I thought. I was reading the information pack, and if I remember correctly, it stated that the protocol needed to be followed as the reputation of the clinic is at steak, so I can understand the precautions.

For my many, many injuries and for all of my hospital stays they always seem to give me an unnecessarily long recovery time. Now granted, I have never gone under the knife but for all of the stomach ulcers, spinal problems, shoulder and chest agony, the recovery time recommended is always to much. I think the time they give is more for those who are unfortunate enough to be described as 'worst case scenario'. When you feel PHYSICALLY ready, hit the gym up.

That's just my own humble opinion

I've had gyno op to remove lumps. They wasn't that bad but hated the thought of them in their so had them out.

The biggest problem with the training after the op is the scare opening again. Mine was very very tight felt like was going to rip but other than that I had no other pain.