UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Advice on best lean whey protein

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  MuscleFood 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a protein for a lean muscle gain. I've been taking 100%whey from optimum nutrition but its just so expensive, especially for the largest tub. I've been looking at other manufacturers and the whole "protein" market confuses me due to so many different proteins etc.. Being on the market. Please could you recommend very good proteins which could help me gain a little bit more of lean muscle mass or is ON honestly the top one?

much appreciated.

#5 ·
We will shortly be releasing our Performance Diet Whey - that will be available in 5kg tubs for £59.95 with free delivery, available in Chocolate Cookie, Chocolate Mint and other tasty flavours :)

In addition to having 74% protein, it'll also include CLA, Green Tea and other ingredients that may assist in your overall diet if you're looking to maintain lean muscle growth. Should be out in about 1 week. Check out our facebook page for updates.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Diet whey. Good lord. Baring in mind BP sell one it's just whey protein with caffeine etc added. At best convenient and at worst a misnomer. As per a post of mine elsewhere there is one reason and one reason only for a company to produce one - cos it'll sell. Nowt else. Anyone with any knowledge of nutrition can do the same job without needing a specialized product such as a diet whey. Hell you could just use less of the usual kind based on the same logic.

In reality, as above, ANY high protein powder - when part of a calorie controlled diet will do the job.

#7 ·
Thanks for the comments. It's not a "diet" whey I'm looking for. Not to worried about fat gain. I'm looking to gain lean muscle mass on a very strict calorie diet. Therefore, was just looking for the best protein which is similar to ON however not as pricey. Any options available?

#9 ·
Lean muscle mass will be gained through clean diet with a decent calorie surplus, not the protein. I'd stick with a simple whey protein. I personally would recommend PHD whey. I haven't tried loads of different wheys but their protein is cheap, tastes good (vanilla is the favourite), and mixes in well. I'm a fan of Pharma-Whey HT+.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.