Sign in to follow this  
onthebuild

Mr Olympia 2013 Thread!

Phil in first, second place??? To be honest, Rhoden isn't young and didn't come in hard last time and still lacked size(especially his back) so I am not convinced he'll beat Kai ...and if Jay brings the goods he's a great and worthy to be right up there.

Yeah mate, you cant take away the troubles and also scandals Kai has gone through.

But tbh I hate when it comes down to sob stories, xfactor style, and I think Kai does well to not play up to his past and use it to gain fans.

I think he was VERY close to heath in 2012, and just hope he brings his A game this year.

Yea i agree totally mate. Last year was really close and kai came in with his conditioning spot on. Hope this year he can snatch it i think he deserves it.

tuzypeva.jpg

^pictures like that show just how fcuking huge these blokes are, when it's just them together you don't see it, put a normal person next to them and they look ridiculous

tuzypeva.jpg

^pictures like that show just how fcuking huge these blokes are, when it's just them together you don't see it, put a normal person next to them and they look ridiculous

Exactly, especially since its pretty obvious the guy in the middle lifts too, imagine them stood either side of a 10 stone weakling, they'd absolutely shadow him!

Shame Cedric McMillan didn't come in in top condition at the Arnold, would have been talking about him for a top 5 finish if he did IMO

[ATTACH]116281[/ATTACH]

He looks in great condition in the pics you posted mate!

To start here's a picture of Jay I saw this morning, guest posing. Got to say he's looking immense as always.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116225[/ATTACH]

Hi is a fukcin unit

Guest Cheeky Monkey

Roden is another Flex Wheeler in my eyes, great look, but not enough mass. Shouldn't be like that, but we all know it is.

I still stand by what I said last year, it's Heaths for as long as he wants it.

Roden is another Flex Wheeler in my eyes, great look, but not enough mass. Shouldn't be like that, but we all know it is.

I still stand by what I said last year, it's Heaths for as long as he wants it.

Thing is though, the majority of people on here seem to think the 70's/80's was the 'golden era' and physiques have gone 'too far' these days.

So why has the judging not changed in order to accommodate tastes? Why are the mass monsters continually coming out on top, even over the better conditioned/symmetrical guys?

Seems a bit confused IMO, but I guess the judges are far more knowledgeable than us lot!

Guest Cheeky Monkey

Thing is though, the majority of people on here seem to think the 70's/80's was the 'golden era' and physiques have gone 'too far' these days.

So why has the judging not changed in order to accommodate tastes? Why are the mass monsters continually coming out on top, even over the better conditioned/symmetrical guys?

Seems a bit confused IMO, but I guess the judges are far more knowledgeable than us lot!

I honestly dunno, but I felt that Flex Wheeler looked better than Dorian Yates in one of the Olympias, and felt Yates was lucky to win, and it was given to him on mass alone, although I can't prove that as gospel.

Same when Wheeler lost against Coleman.

I prefer the Asthetic look WITH mass, but not the all out mass of the freaks.

Guest Jd123

I much prefer this physique to warren or Kai

I agree mate. Much more appealing I think

Guest Cheeky Monkey

Shawn Roden hasn't got the sheer mass that phil and kai have. He dosent deserve to win.

Why should it be judged on sheer mass ?

Dont count out Rhoden! His physique is "classic" and stylish.

Flex+Wheeler+VS+Shawn+Rhoden.jpg

Kai is better than Jay imo:

mr-olympia-finals-kai-greene-2.jpgJay-Cutler-6.jpg

Kai-Greene-Mr-Olympia-2012.jpgJay-Cutler-From-2009-IFBB-Olympia.jpg

And I think phil was scared too!

_PB73995wtmk.JPG

Why should it be judged on sheer mass ?

Not based on mass mate but kai and phil have more mass and they are better conditioned. At the end of the day its whos the biggest with the most muscularity and symmetery and shawn dosent compare to heath or kai what so ever. Just my opinion.

Look at dorian, ronnie, jay and phil. I dont think shawn compares to these guys what so ever

The thing is, both Phil and Kai are both more balanced and conditioned than Rhoden, so whether you like their mass or not, it's just another thing they will score higher than him on.

Guest Cheeky Monkey

I remember last year at the 1st showing, Kai had it won hands down. I dunno what Phil Heath did in 24hours but he came back Strong !!!

tuzypeva.jpg

Not sure when this pic of Rhoden was taken

7261.jpg

sean for me he wont win but has the most aesthetic physique and is not syntholed out to fcuk and a big muscle belly

and jays arms look horrible there synthol filled doesnt look good imo

I remember last year at the 1st showing, Kai had it won hands down. I dunno what Phil Heath did in 24hours but he came back Strong !!!

Totally agree kai had it the first night. Its amazing the difference a day makes.

sean for me he wont win but has the most aesthetic physique and is not syntholed out to fcuk and a big muscle belly

and jays arms look horrible there synthol filled doesnt look good imo

I think jays arms look epic! Think all the pros use synthol to some degree but I don't notice jays looking 'overly synthol'd'.

Just my opinion like!

people want to see freaks, and when they got bigger and bigger demand just made them push it as far as possible, there are a lot of fans that like aesthetics but mass monsters are what will win philo is a freak because he is a mass monster with awesome aesthetics, jay has a bit of blockyness about him, and look at rhul he was a freak of freaks but looked **** compared to dexter, jay and heath

Dont count out Rhoden! His physique is "classic" and stylish.

he is lacking mass tho, once he adds some more poundage he might beat phil, but heath has too much imo

I think jays arms look epic! Think all the pros use synthol to some degree but I don't notice jays looking 'overly synthol'd'.

Just my opinion like!

definitely jays arms are class. of course they use synthol. I hate synthol I don't think it should be used at all but that's the sport.