Sign in to follow this  
onthebuild

Mr Olympia 2013 Thread!

Never followed a Mr Olympia fully, so thought I'd start a thread where we can all contribute news, photos, rumours etc. Hopefully it'll turn out a close one like last year!

Online stream of the big event:

Cheers to [MENTION=20102]Raw meat 1984[/MENTION]

Edited by onthebuild

Good thread, I've never followed one either so will sub this.

Feel free to post any photos/pictures you find, news etc.

Hopefully some of the people attending bodypower will meet some of the pro's and get some current pics!

Phil Heath's so far ahead of everyone at the moment, can't see anyone else coming close. Will be a fight for second i think between Kai, Jay and shawn Rhoden. Evan Centopani, Ben Pakulski and Dennis Wolf are ones to watch too

Phil Heath's so far ahead of everyone at the moment, can't see anyone else coming close. Will be a fight for second i think between Kai, Jay and shawn Rhoden. Evan Centopani, Ben Pakulski and Dennis Wolf are ones to watch too

It's odd how far ahead phil is as he only weighs 240lb yet looks like he's 270lb+!

I think Kai will take down Jay and it'll be:

Phil

Kai

Jay or Shawn Rhoden

Phil Heath I want to win. Not only am I a big fan of his attitude to training, the guy is a beast and he's quite young too.

Phil Heath 2012 Olymipa

mr-olympia-finals-phil-heath-2.jpg

Shawn Rhoden I want to place second as I think he has a much better physique IMO than Branch Warren or Jay Cutler.

Rhoden seems more proportional and closer to the bodybuilders of the past rather than just a Pure mass monster like Warren or Cutler.

Not sure when this pic of Rhoden was taken

7261.jpg

2012 Olympia first second and third place

MrOlympia2012.jpg

The rest 2012

2012-olympia-weekend-phil-heath-wins-mr-olympia_b.jpg

First Place - Phil Heath

Second Place - Shaun Rhoden

Third Place - Kai Green

Edited by AK-26

It's odd how far ahead phil is as he only weighs 240lb yet looks like he's 270lb+!

I think Kai will take down Jay and it'll be:

Phil

Kai

Jay or Shawn Rhoden

I know yeah, I think phil's put together so well genetically and his muscles are so round and full that he's got a huge advantage. I agree id prefer shawn rhoden to come second as i think his phyique is much more aesthetic than Kai or Jay but i can see the judges giving second to one of them instead. Also i hope Dennis wolf does better this year maybe third or fourth. I think he was robbed last year, Branch looked crap i thought. Evan and Ben pakulski have tons of potential too

Am I the only one cheering for Kai?

Love his personality, attitude and commitment to educating others!

Plus I always enjoy supporting an underdog, when no-one else thinks they have a chance.

I think phill is starting to look a little synthol like. His traps, delts etc are looking a bit round to me.

Imo I think phil was lucky last year, he dialled it in right at the last moment, I think kai was ahead in the pre judging wasn't he?

Branch warren looks odd to me, when he comes right down in body fat his pecs have excess skin on the bottom, and just over all lacks shape.

Jay cutler, has a awesome body but he is just to wide, which spoils his look from the front, but looks very impressive when showing side chest or tricep poses.

Sean rodden, looks very aesthetic, but just needs a few more lbs on him

Dennis wolf, I have always been a fan of his. His relaxed pose is just immense, his only real problem is his high flying lats

My prediction for 2013 has to be phil heath, he just looks like a cartoon. I wouldn't be sad if jay won it, I aspire to jay, he just doesn't give up (now I've said this I bet he doesn't compete lol)

branch warren. jay cutler will never win mr olympia again

I do like Jay tbh, and with his amount of mass I think he might shock this year. Having said that I don't know if he'll turn up good enough for 1st, but I wouldn't completely rule him out!

post-60651-143614671166_thumb.jpg

Plus I always enjoy supporting an underdog, when no-one else thinks they have a chance.

Must say kai is looking great. Phil heath is in grest shape but am not a big fan of his. I think i will go for kai aswell.

Kai fan here! He got into bodybuilding to get out of the other sh!t he was stuck in growing up (im guessing gang related) and he's made it to the big time. I feel he deserves an Olympia title (as long as his body is up to par).

Must say kai is looking great. Phil heath is in grest shape but am not a big fan of his. I think i will go for kai aswell.

Me neither mate, don't get me wrong I congratulate him for his achievements, he has a phenomenal physique, but you know when you just don't like a guy, for no real reason?

Kai fan here! He got into bodybuilding to get out of the other sh!t he was stuck in growing up (im guessing gang related) and he's made it to the big time. I feel he deserves an Olympia title (as long as his body is up to par).

Yeah mate, you cant take away the troubles and also scandals Kai has gone through.

But tbh I hate when it comes down to sob stories, xfactor style, and I think Kai does well to not play up to his past and use it to gain fans.

I think he was VERY close to heath in 2012, and just hope he brings his A game this year.