Sign in to follow this  
Ben89

Low Carb Breakfast Ideas

Why do you feel the need to be so low on carbs just because your running DNP??

Every other site I've read with people's logs about running DNP even up to 600mg daily will use a ratio of 40-50% carbs daily 30-40% protein and the rest in fats.

It's only on UKM that people go so low with carbs and then everyone else follows like sheep

Just to keep sides low mate, can't afford to be sweating it out.

smoked haddock. poach in a bit of milk in a frying pan with a lid on it for 5 minutes. Take it out. Put a spot of butter on it. Job done. Protein galore.

This, but swap the butter for a soft poached egg.

Low carb muffins

Recipe

A delicious recipe for low carb, gluten and grain free almond muffins

Prep time: 5 min

Cook time: 25 min

Yield: 10

Method

1) Preheat the oven to 180 oc.

2) Mix all the ingredients together either by hand or using a mixer.

3) Grease a muffin/cupcake pan and evenly divide the mixture.

4) Bake for about 25 minutes.

Notes:

These taste amazing! Add sultanas, nuts or anything else to the mixture before baking if you so wish.

Ingredients

200g of almond flour or crushed almonds

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

100g butter

4 eggs

10g Splenda (sugar substitute)

80ml of water

2 teaspoons cinnamon

Nutrition Data

kcal: 228

protein: 7g

carbs: 4g

fat: 20g

*per muffin

Eat while slamming a shake.

Out of interest mate, where do you get almond flour from? Have you tried adding whey at all?

Not getting into the whether to go low or high carb with DNP thing, but lots of options for low carb breakfasts... I like a piece of oily fish with a couple of poached or boiled eggs on a green leafy salad with some feta cheese and oilves.

Have a protein shake afterwards and you've had plenty of fats and protein but hardly any carbs (or sugar which is more important).

That said though I'm not particularly a low carber, but when I do fancy a low carb breakfast it's normally what I'll have.

[MENTION=31271]dtlv[/MENTION] tell him u need carbs to make dnp work at its best. thought that was literally obvious?

and red meat and nuts, boom! join us vikings!

Ugghh, I hate dnp conversations as I've never used it and only done scant research so don't like to comment in a way that suggests I'm recommending or condoning using it until I feel I have more understanding... but yes, the mode of action of how dnp works suggests that for best effect (highest elevation in metabolism and body temp) you shouldn't be avoiding carbs but should consume around 40-50% of your kcals from them.

Probably worth mentioning too that original studies and experiences of people on dnp way back when it was first used eighty odd years ago did not suggest a diet that restricted carbs, so keto or low carb diets with DNP are not so well understood/studied for potential risks.

Without turning this into a DNP thread guys, low carb is working for me. I'm getting better results from low carb and DNP than moderate carb and DNP, I would imagine it varies person to person.

Without turning this into a DNP thread guys, low carb is working for me. I'm getting better results from low carb and DNP than moderate carb and DNP, I would imagine it varies person to person.

Better results in fat loss or in weight loss? The above suggests you changed whilst on dnp, but lower carbs will automatically mean more weight loss because of lowered fluid and glycogen levels... just asking if you are sure the difference is bodyfat and if so by what method did you validate (calipers, mirror only, DEXA scan, hydrostatic weighing etc?).

I don't have calipers at the moment, but yes certainly from a weight perspective it's better and I would say im considerably leaner in the mirror, but obviously hard to tell if this is better/worse from carb intake.

i like to get chicken/turkey salad in mornings on my way to school dno about the carbs in the bread though and btw i just noticed how much sugar are in sauces like ketchup and brown sauce etc might want to stay away from them

Better results in fat loss or in weight loss? The above suggests you changed whilst on dnp, but lower carbs will automatically mean more weight loss because of lowered fluid and glycogen levels... just asking if you are sure the difference is bodyfat and if so by what method did you validate (calipers, mirror only, DEXA scan, hydrostatic weighing etc?).

it's certainly working for me when i cycle carbs

Edited by NoGutsNoGloryy

Put some eggs in a baking dish, add ham/bacon if u like, then cooked/steamed broccoli(maybe cauliflower will also work), finally sprinkle some cheese on the top, bake for 15-20 mins. Do double dosage at least, so u can just reheat it the next day.

Hi All,

I'm currently on a low carb diet as I'm running DNP, I'm getting a bit bored with eggs for breakfast or protein shakes. Does anyone have any ideas of what to go for? Ideally without cooking, or something that can be cooked and simply reheated in microwave.

Thanks,

Ben

100gs peanut butter from MyProtein slice wholegrain bread 16g carbs or

50g rolled oats that'll give you 27g Carbs.

Fage Greek yogurt with peanut butter high fats and high protein.

Scrambled egg with pack beef jerky again high fats 0carbs.