Little Butch

Skinny beginner - Bulking

I've done gym work before but nothing serious and I'm looking to add some bulk. I'm roughly 5ft 8 and weigh 9st 2lb, I'd like to get to 10 stone which is my first goal :)

I've started having a total gainer shake in the morning, big tub of pasta with 2 spoons of mayo and a tin of tuna for lunch, my usual meal in the evening (whatever parents make) and then another shake before bed with a pack of crisps in the day for a snack...

I'm skint so any ideas for cheap products would be great and any general advice.

Okay, we've got semi skimmed at the moment so I used that with my shake this morning. We do have full fat sometimes but If I'm going to start drinking a lot of It I think I'll need to buy more than usual lol... Any other tips?

how often are you training? loads of people when they start massively over train, myself included.

this x2...i know im overtraining now but physically cant stop myself from doing less than my 5 day split

Thanks! Just worked out my shake with 500ml semi skimmed milk is about 650 calories so two of these a day will hopefully send me in the right direction! I'm trying to snack on nuts aswell, just need to buy a load, what type are generally cheaper?

I'm working out mon, wed and friday, haven't really got a decent routine as I'm using a mates multi gym which is pretty poor to be honest but it's all I've got at the moment!

when im on a budget i just get the cheapest basics salted peanuts not ideal because of the salt but quick easy calories. When im feeling rich i go for plain cashew nuts. No way you can join a gym? the multi gyms i have used are pretty bad but better than nothing i guess or get some dumbells and/or a barbell.

1 cup of oats(porrage) 1 scoop of whey(my protein), 1 scoop of instant oats(my protein), 1 banana, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 pint of whole milk (blue top). Blend and down it, these are around 1000 calories. Thats what im having at the moment and my weight is shooting up. I also drink a lot of the milk throughout the day on its own. This with 3 clean meals a day will see you right.

I'm the same as you being skinny, I concentrate on coumpound lifts in the gym and never train for more than 45 mins.

You'll hear guys say its all about diet and rest....Believe me its true, Gym is only 20% of it.

gold top milk 88p from asda and £1 from other super markets , drink 2 litres of it a day between meals will give you 1600 cals extra .

This milk is best for bulk - with some gainer it does the job even better , try to eat 3 meal and 3 shakes between and some nuts around 100g a day.

I've just started using my mates crappy multigym so there's not much I can do but earlier I done;

12 reps wide arm pull down behind my back

12 reps wide arm pull down infront of me to my chest These 36 reps were continous on 65kg but the weights on this multigym are obviously not accurate!

12 close arm pull downs

5 sets of 5 reps bench press on 45kg

12 chin ups, 10 pullups, 10 chinups, 8 pullups

3x8 bicep curls

Same as the first excersize I done and then finished of with 20 pressups.

I have no idea when it comes to routines and I'm just working with what I've got to use at the moment, will be a few months before I can afford the gym!

I like almonds 1 handful is roughly an 0z and of the top of my head 170 cals good fat and protein

i eat them like sweets my mrs gets them from the cash n carry in a big bag there fairly cheap