High Society

Intermittent fasting and feeling horny

Guest Tug master

Have a tug then

On 1/24/2019 at 10:21 AM, Jordan08 said:

It doesn't do anything related to test or GH or any other fancy thing you can imagine.

I'd say this is debatable. Thomas DeLauer talks about the effects of fasting on hormones such as Test, Estrogen, Cortisol, Growth Hormone and Insulin in this video, and backs it all up with legit scientific studies you can go and look up, that have proven the effects. Although I'd personally agree with you that the effects are minimal.  

Just now, Juicy Goosey said:

I'd say this is debatable. Thomas DeLauer talks about the effects of fasting on hormones such as Test, Estrogen, Cortisol, Growth Hormone and Insulin in this video, and backs it all up with legit scientific studies you can go and look up, that have proven the effects. Although I'd personally agree with you that the effects are minimal.  

There are many guys showing studies saying the otherwise.

All i can say from my personal experience here bud. Had followed IF protocol for a year, 36 hours fasting once a week and did lean gains protocol as well. Improved nothing for me, not even the insulin sensitivity claims that many gurus claims.

The best thing about IF(for me) is that it is suitable for individuals like me who find it difficult to control potion size but can easily avoid food during a window.  So, helps in creating/maintaining the calorie deficit.

Yeah man I'm no scientist, just wanted to say its definitely up for debate.

I'd personally agree with you though, whenever I've had bouts of doing IF I've found the most benefits coming from lifestyle and convenience more than anything else. I still massively question the 'tissue sparing' effects people claim as well, because I've done it both natural and enhanced on separate occasions and definitely lost muscle mass doing both. 

13 minutes ago, Jordan08 said:

who find it difficult to control potion size but can easily avoid food during a window. 

this is me all over :lol::lol::lol: I find it so much easier to abstain from stuff completely, but find it near impossible to be 'balanced' in anything haha 

Have absolutely no problem going without a beer for 6-12 months, not even tempted, but moment I have one, turns into 15. Can easily fast and avoid certain foods but moment I have even a taste of something like ice cream, I end up eating my bodyweight in it. So much easier to just avoid it entirely like you say haha

On 8/25/2012 at 9:32 AM, High Society said:

I've been doing IF for a week now and it's some crazy stuff!! Not sure if just placebo but I think it raises test by a few %.

IF has a *big* positive impact on my libido, quality of sleep, energy levels and how I look. I can eat exactly the same as my usual diet yet get much leaner much quicker and still feel strong in the gym. Regardless of what the naysayers might scoff at, it works for me and is way too noticeable and repeatable to just be placebo.