lots of friends and people in general fall to the wayside

so to speak, (myself included).

Seems has people get older training for size and muscle seen to be

of less importance.

Perhaps this is down to the reduced natural test production

we have today than when in our teens and younger years, the big muscles are

best syndrome, used to spend hours looking through muscle mags, arnie/ big Lou/

mentzer/ bill pearl etc as a lad and saying "thats wot I want to look like"

sadly never did make it to that level lol.

So 45+ dudes put your hands in the air, and lets hear your progress, stats,

problems you may have encounted because of the years rolling on by, pics etc.

And maybe, just maybe this will give me the push to get my a*s in gear

and do the total rebuild number, before its too late. :)

43 here mate, but hope to continue training for a looong time.

Joints and recovery used to suffer a bit and got a pec tear 2 years ago. Started low dose GH just over a year ago and no issues since.

Well if thats you in the avi then ye doing something right for sure.:thumbup1:

To be fair I tried GH about 3 years ago, aint no cheap ride that stuff but as you say it did well for general health,

joints etc, also weight loss for me was good, seemed to shift the mid drift tire better than other meds.

Did not do much for muscle building though, but I think mose people expect too much from it.

Dont know how it would work on a higher dose, 10iu a day perhaps.

Im 51.Despite 5 heart procedures to correct a genetic "fault" I can still 20 rep squat till im a quivering mess on the floor.Ive not got big muscle genes, yet im stronger than i was in my 20s.Ive also not sucumbed to any age related physical issues, such as droopy chest muscles.My a.se is as tight and hard as a walnut, and i feel great.

My mate Dave visited this morning.He was sporting a black eye and broken vessels in his eye.hed just sparred 10 rounds, with a name most of you would recognise.Growing older disgracefully, is the only way gentlemen.

49 in eleven days, last year was a bad year for me training wise, fcuked my right shoulder up in June, it's just about sorted now, i did a light arm work out on Tuesday i wont say what sort of weight i used for it is highly embarrassing, but my arms were sore for days, the workout set off an old elbow injury which as pi$$ed me off, two years ago this month i did some damage to my stomach, strain/pulled not sure which, while doing clean and jerk, plus showing the young guns how to dumbbell row, using the 65kg's they was all tanned up, little vest's ipods, the lot doing dumbbell rows with the 40kg's, using straps, d1ck head goes showing off, and pulled something, so my gut is fcuked, my left elbow has been fcuked for about eight years, my right shoulder is just getting back, oh i forgot to mention, my left knew has been fcuked for about seventeen years, but hopefully this year will see me back.

Hi all, just wondering how many of you guys are still

training that are over 45.

Been into training on and off since my teens and seen over the years

lots of friends and people in general fall to the wayside

so to speak, (myself included).

Seems has people get older training for size and muscle seen to be

of less importance.

Perhaps this is down to the reduced natural test production

we have today than when in our teens and younger years, the big muscles are

best syndrome, used to spend hours looking through muscle mags, arnie/ big Lou/

mentzer/ bill pearl etc as a lad and saying "thats wot I want to look like"

sadly never did make it to that level lol.

So 45+ dudes put your hands in the air, and lets hear your progress, stats,

problems you may have encounted because of the years rolling on by, pics etc.

And maybe, just maybe this will give me the push to get my a*s in gear

and do the total rebuild number, before its too late. :)

Same as me mate, looked through all the mags at all the old pros,followed their routines trained my nuts off hours on end in the hope i would look like my idols, never happened though,

but i still trained 3/4 times a week.

Thanks for the reply guys.....

Perhaps this could also be a case of that the state of mind holds alot of weight

in the matter, whats that saying "your as young as you feel"

On the other hand if your back or knees are genuinely shot then how can the mind

alter the fact.

one thing i have learned now i should have learned earlier is less is better and dont overcomplicate

Very true, a lesson I have learned over the years too, I have been down the road of all those

trick workouts and gimmick supps, fell for some rite bull over the years. :rolleyes:

Good on him :thumbup1: ...way to go, has he found things more difficult with age, or does

he just shrug it off and steam on.

He has always been active mate, used to run marathons and play rugby, he's a typical Irishman strong and determined, he trains with the boys i went to school with lol!

Im 51.Despite 5 heart procedures to correct a genetic "fault" I can still 20 rep squat till im a quivering mess on the floor.Ive not got big muscle genes, yet im stronger than i was in my 20s.Ive also not sucumbed to any age related physical issues, such as droopy chest muscles.My a.se is as tight and hard as a walnut, and i feel great.

My mate Dave visited this morning.He was sporting a black eye and broken vessels in his eye.hed just sparred 10 rounds, with a name most of you would recognise.Growing older disgracefully, is the only way gentlemen.

A,SE as tight as a walnut! I predict a riot!