antere07

Chicken, Frozen or Fresh

How do you buy your chicken  

170 members have voted

1. 1. How do you buy your chicken

• Frozen
    • Fresh

I always buy 5 kg fresh for 27,5 anyone know where I can get better deal?[/QUOTE]

the meat wagons at farmers markets mate.or better still find a mate that works in an abbottoir if thats spelt right lol

Edited by vetran

Fresh from the market £15 for 5kg. Happy days. Normally eat that in about a week which is well in the use by date so can keep it fresh ;) Something about frozen chicken seems to lose its taste and becomes rubbery just my opnion though.

Fresh from the market £15 for 5kg. Happy days. Normally eat that in about a week which is well in the use by date so can keep it fresh ;) Something about frozen chicken seems to lose its taste and becomes rubbery just my opnion though.

£15 not even the butchers get them that cheap

Tend to get mine from [MENTION=72829]MuscleFood[/MENTION] but if there's a deal on frozen I'll get it.

Thanks!! Frozen, you do realise it is usually full of salt, water, fillers and lots more mate? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2519822/Secrets-supermarket-frozen-chickens-pumped-water-additives-cement-mixer-style-machines.html

Thanks!! Frozen, you do realise it is usually full of salt, water, fillers and lots more mate? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2519822/Secrets-supermarket-frozen-chickens-pumped-water-additives-cement-mixer-style-machines.html

I paid £38 for 15 kgs of frozen breast and it is too salty to eat on its own, we are having to use it in sauces etc..

SOME are ok, most are not, water isn't an issue TBH but l wouldn't buy it again.

Fresh. Our local butcher isn't the cheapest ~£40 for 5kgs but it tastes so good and of chicken:lol: It comes in large breasts that do not shrink and are very soft to touch, even sainsburys/waitrose finest free range this that or the other feels like rubber in comparison plus it literally melts in your mouth.

Only thing is it's spoilt us and I want to eat more but can't bust the shoping budget:no:

Currently i buy my chicken fresh and then separate it and freeze it.

Someone said i should just buy already frozen chicken which comes in a bag.

Im not sure whats better

Any preference?

Fresh! :-) Many frozen products have salt, water and extras in. I have not seen any which don't... !

Fresh. Our local butcher isn't the cheapest ~£40 for 5kgs but it tastes so good and of chicken:lol: It comes in large breasts that do not shrink and are very soft to touch, even sainsburys/waitrose finest free range this that or the other feels like rubber in comparison plus it literally melts in your mouth.

Only thing is it's spoilt us and I want to eat more but can't bust the shoping budget:no:

Greedy Ben - you must try us. Our chicken breasts are immense :-)

Fresh n cook. I'm down the butchers every other night lol

I buy 5kg fresh, cook it all same day. Weigh it and bag it then freeze it. Take it out night before u want it and just add to a salad when defrosted. Or heat in microwave if want it hot.

Saves going butchers everyday

Had been buying 5kg fresh for 20. Seen 10kg frozen for 30.

Defrosted done and they were very watery and slimey,, must have been pumped full of brine...

But if its decent quality, and works out cheaper already frozen go for it.

with you on that pal , i found the same , texture was horibble and like you say slimey , i ended up cooking it and giving it to my cats lol

I have cooked premium no added water frozen from aldi and there cheap added water fillets and I weighed before and after and surprisingly the one with added water lost less weight, the texture was the problem for me especially when eating the two next to each other it was rubber/plastic ( hard to explain), the taste was lesser but ok and per 100g its less 5g protein. but for me frozen premium is ok.