Keeks

Keeks Continuing Quark-fuelled Quest...for Globe-Like Glutes & Boulders for Shoulders

9 hours ago, Keeks said:

Ahh cheers, really trying this off season to work as hard as poss and not get too fat, lol! 

Makes life easier when it's game time. 

I'd be like Ricky Fatten. Explode in off season. Work my arse off in season, making it harder for myself. That's why I don't bother. My excuse anyway :whistling: :(

1 hour ago, Omen669 said:

Makes life easier when it's game time. 

I'd be like Ricky Fatten. Explode in off season. Work my arse off in season, making it harder for myself. That's why I don't bother. My excuse anyway :whistling: :(

Definitely! 

I've never really had a structured off season, well with diet anyway, always just ate what I want really, and gone fat! But last year when I started with Liam, about this time last year, I had a proper structure and didn't get too fat so made prep a lot better, and now I've got bigger goals, doing everything possible to achieve them! 

3 hours ago, Keeks said:

Definitely! 

I've never really had a structured off season, well with diet anyway, always just ate what I want really, and gone fat! But last year when I started with Liam, about this time last year, I had a proper structure and didn't get too fat so made prep a lot better, and now I've got bigger goals, doing everything possible to achieve them! 

Good luck you :thumbup1:

So been a bit rubbish with updates lately, so busy, and nothing much to report really.

Plodding away, working hard, currently doing a push/pull/legs split, 2 leg days, 2 push and 1 pull, then if I do a 6th day, just adding in more leg work. Cardio a few times per week, leg circuit every morning too.

Due to start prep the first week in Jan, so bit of a countdown now to enjoy my last few weeks of normal life, excited but I am enjoying the down time if I'm honest.

Also, just having slight issues with my rotator cuff at the minute, been niggling slightly but having ultrasound treatment and having it taped up, so fingers crossed should be ok when prep starts.

That's about it really. Here's a pic from a few weeks ago, not the best but gives an idea of how things are at present

IMG_20161112_160600.jpg

Hope everyone is well anyway and thanks for reading, and will catch up with journals too!

So I'm back and I'll keep more updated from now. 

Prep started on Tuesday, giving me 14 weeks to my first show, the WFF Open, and 18 weeks to my main show, the Nabba North West show.

Training at the minute is 5 sessions as follows :

Lower volume 

Upper volume 

Lower strength 

Upper strength 

Glutes and delts

Leg circuit every morning. 

No cardio at the minute. 

Diets good, nothing crippling just yet so I'm happy with that. 

I've still got a slight niggle with my rotator cuff so training as best as possible around it. 

Other than that, feeling good going into prep, very excited! 

Starting off leaner than last prep, here's a comparison of last years starting point to this year....legs and arms/delts seem thicker, not the best pic to tell but I can see the difference so I'm happy enough. 

20170108_105437.jpg

So time to see what the next 18 weeks brings! 

15 minutes ago, Keeks said:

Prep started on Tuesday, giving me 14 weeks to my first show, the WFF Open, and 18 weeks to my main show, the Nabba North West show.

Lower volume 

Upper volume 

Lower strength 

Upper strength 

Glutes and delts

No cardio at the minute. 

I've still got a slight niggle with my rotator cuff so training as best as possible around it. 

Starting off leaner than last prep, here's a comparison of last years starting point to this year....legs and arms/delts seem thicker, not the best pic to tell but I can see the difference so I'm happy enough. 

20170108_105437.jpg

Good luck lovely lady. 

2 hours ago, Keeks said:

Lower volume 

Upper volume 

Lower strength 

Upper strength 

Glutes and delts

No cardio at the minute. 

20170108_105437.jpg

looking good Keeks, you have added some mass by the looks of you, your delts and quads :thumb

Good luck with the prep hun, wishing you a distraction free 18 weeks. X

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, Omen669 said:

Good luck lovely lady. 

Thank you! Hope you're well! :)

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, BestBefore1989 said:

looking good Keeks, you have added some mass by the looks of you, your delts and quads :thumb

Good luck with the prep hun, wishing you a distraction free 18 weeks. X

Thank you! Yeah I know there's not massive changes but can still notice a little difference so I'm happy enough! Slow progress is still progress eh?!

Thank you! Haha, here's hoping, although doubt it....all good fun, haha!

Hope you're well anyway and will catch up in your journal. X

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:04 AM, arcticfox said:

Welcome back @Keeks

Looking forward to your updates, All the best hun ;)

Thank you! I will try and keep more updated now I'm prepping!

Hope all's good with you and I'll catch up with your journal too.

So a couple of weeks into prep now, all going well so far but it's early days! Down about 5lbs so far, and no cardio as yet but will probably be adding that in next week. Seeing little changes already, so seem to be on track.

Still been having physio and sports massages on my shoulder, seems to be improving so will see how things go with it. Still just conscious of further injury so being careful and not going too heavy, steady away.

Short and sweet but all good!

2 hours ago, Keeks said:

Heyyyyyyyyyy stranger! How the devil are you? Hope you're good!

Haha, it's part of prep now!

I'm good thanks, been back training again since October so it's operation shift body fat after nearly two years out of action :(  Basically my back injury flared up again and kept me off games for a while then my motivation went so I gave it up for ages. Loving it now though so that's all good.

Great to see you still hard at it. Seems like most of the old crew have gone elsewhere from here, bit of a ghost town these days isn't it? 

Hope all is well, I'll keep popping in :)

51 minutes ago, Ginger Ben said:

I'm good thanks, been back training again since October so it's operation shift body fat after nearly two years out of action :(  Basically my back injury flared up again and kept me off games for a while then my motivation went so I gave it up for ages. Loving it now though so that's all good.

Great to see you still hard at it. Seems like most of the old crew have gone elsewhere from here, bit of a ghost town these days isn't it? 

Hope all is well, I'll keep popping in :)

Ahh glad you're well now and back into it. Jeez, two years.....is that how long it is since you been on here? Time flies eh?!

Yep, well I spent 2015 partying and not really training that much as I'd lost that love, then had an op so only really got back into things late 2015, competed last year, 6 months off-season and now into prep again. Sometimes I really believe you need a break from it if you're not feeling it, you just end up hating it, but you start up again and have that love for it again. That's why I went a bit crazy 2015, heart wasn't fully into it, but after a break, it was again.

Yeah tbh I don't come on here much, not like it used to be :-(  but great to see you back and hope you do!

On 1/20/2017 at 3:11 PM, Keeks said:

Ahh glad you're well now and back into it. Jeez, two years.....is that how long it is since you been on here? Time flies eh?!

Yep, well I spent 2015 partying and not really training that much as I'd lost that love, then had an op so only really got back into things late 2015, competed last year, 6 months off-season and now into prep again. Sometimes I really believe you need a break from it if you're not feeling it, you just end up hating it, but you start up again and have that love for it again. That's why I went a bit crazy 2015, heart wasn't fully into it, but after a break, it was again.

Yeah tbh I don't come on here much, not like it used to be :-(  but great to see you back and hope you do!

Yeah it's been ages but good to see a few familiar faces even if the numbers have dwindled.

Crikey sounds like you've had a bit of a time of it then. Glad you've found your mojo again, once it's in the blood it never goes completely does it! 

4 hours ago, Ginger Ben said:

Yeah it's been ages but good to see a few familiar faces even if the numbers have dwindled.

Crikey sounds like you've had a bit of a time of it then. Glad you've found your mojo again, once it's in the blood it never goes completely does it! 

Yeah definitely, always good to have a catch up to see where everyone's at after so long.

Haha, I went cray....mid-life crisis I think and was just good to catch up on normal life again! Cheers and yeah, it's always there isn't it, like a bit of addiction that you know will always be there, even after time off, but a good one anyway!

So I'm still rubbish at updating, just seem to have no time but anyway, all is going ok with prep.

10 weeks in now and tbh, its only the last few weeks that Ive felt ive been starting to suffer. Full weeks at work are now a bit of a struggle so im taking at least one day off a week, just to catch up on sleep which is terrible and to just get things done now as I just don't have much spare time. 

Currently doing a 6 day split with training, cardio is 90 mins a day, split between fasted and evening.

Hoping to do the WFF comp which is in 3.5 weeks, if im ready which i really hope so, then 7.5 weeks till the Nabba NW show which is my main focus.

Its been a pretty slow and steady prep, and think as i had less to come off this time, the changes have seemed slower, which has been driving me mad, but feedback from coach and others seem to be that im on track, but have just been constantly doubting myself this time round.

Anyway, some pics of how im looking at the minute, and the 21" inch waists finally back, yay!

20170315_105513.thumb.jpg.35152d03fed63626f301ad668cd52efc.jpg20170315_104518.thumb.jpg.31895354b35f3ffaaa86b73ba22c9703.jpg

Anyway, hope everyone is well and training hard, and thanks for reading! 

3 hours ago, Keeks said:

So I'm still rubbish at updating, just seem to have no time but anyway, all is going ok with prep.

10 weeks in now and tbh, its only the last few weeks that Ive felt ive been starting to suffer. Full weeks at work are now a bit of a struggle so im taking at least one day off a week, just to catch up on sleep which is terrible and to just get things done now as I just don't have much spare time. 

Currently doing a 6 day split with training, cardio is 90 mins a day, split between fasted and evening.

Hoping to do the WFF comp which is in 3.5 weeks, if im ready which i really hope so, then 7.5 weeks till the Nabba NW show which is my main focus.

Its been a pretty slow and steady prep, and think as i had less to come off this time, the changes have seemed slower, which has been driving me mad, but feedback from coach and others seem to be that im on track, but have just been constantly doubting myself this time round.

Anyway, some pics of how im looking at the minute, and the 21" inch waists finally back, yay!

20170315_105513.thumb.jpg.35152d03fed63626f301ad668cd52efc.jpg20170315_104518.thumb.jpg.31895354b35f3ffaaa86b73ba22c9703.jpg

Anyway, hope everyone is well and training hard, and thanks for reading! 

Looking good Keeks :thumb

LOL  in the bottom right hand picture, it that your pussy double checking the 21inch tape measurment

30 minutes ago, BestBefore1989 said:

Looking good Keeks :thumb

LOL  in the bottom right hand picture, it that your pussy double checking the 21inch tape measurment

Thank you! Haha, it was a right task with her helping! 21" checked and verified by her, haha

How's you anyway? Hope you're well and all is good with training! 

13 minutes ago, Keeks said:

Thank you! Haha, it was a right task with her helping! 21" checked and verified by her, haha

How's you anyway? Hope you're well and all is good with training! 

I'm doing good thanks for asking. Training is going OK, and I'm currently trying to slim down for summer. 

13 hours ago, BestBefore1989 said:

I'm doing good thanks for asking. Training is going OK, and I'm currently trying to slim down for summer. 

Ahh good, glad all is well. Hope all's going well with that then, abs for summer, yay!