BestBefore1989

Old Dog - New Tricks

3 minutes ago, BestBefore1989 said:

My body aches, I don't know if I have lumbago for the first time in my life, along with sore knees, tight hamstrings, sore glutes, stiff shoulder ( just the right one) or if I'm coming down with something, or if I'm just old and knackered!

Anyway Ive decided not to lift until I feel better so this morning I did about 25 min of stretching and tonight I did 45 min interval training on the cross trainer followed by 15 min stretching.,

maybe time for a deload mate 

6 minutes ago, BestBefore1989 said:

My body aches, I don't know if I have lumbago for the first time in my life, along with sore knees, tight hamstrings, sore glutes, stiff shoulder ( just the right one) or if I'm coming down with something, or if I'm just old and knackered!

Anyway Ive decided not to lift until I feel better so this morning I did about 25 min of stretching and tonight I did 45 min interval training on the cross trainer followed by 15 min stretching.,

Well done BB.....I went to the gym, saw a couple of guys I used to train with and.....ummmm......satandhadcoffeeandchattedforanhourthencamehome....Still dressed n my training kit!

breathe, breathe, breathe......enthusiasm still in its box....tomorrow's another day?:mellow:

8 minutes ago, Flubs said:

Well done BB.....I went to the gym, saw a couple of guys I used to train with and.....ummmm......satandhadcoffeeandchattedforanhourthencamehome....Still dressed n my training kit!

breathe, breathe, breathe......enthusiasm still in its box....tomorrow's another day?:mellow:

You planned to drive to the gym and go in and train.

2 out of 3 isn't bad.

LOL I'm just imagining you looking Hench in your Ninja workout clothes, drinking coffee with a straw :ph34r:

Just now, BestBefore1989 said:

You planned to drive to the gym and go in and train.

2 out of 3 isn't bad.

LOL I'm just imagining you looking Hench in your Ninja workout clothes, drinking coffee with a straw :ph34r:

Yes, I looked very alluring dontchya know in my new sweaty Betty leggings( new in the sale)....and Ninja balaclava.....haha.....actually, the guys advised from behind their coffee mugs I had put on some "timber"...:crying::death:...can't be upset cos it's true...durrrrrnit!:lol:

tomorrow is d day, at least my food was spot on so not all bad.

13 minutes ago, Flubs said:

Yes, I looked very alluring dontchya know in my new sweaty Betty leggings( new in the sale)....and Ninja balaclava.....haha.....actually, the guys advised from behind their coffee mugs I had put on some "timber"...:crying::death:...can't be upset cos it's true...durrrrrnit!:lol:

tomorrow is d day, at least my food was spot on so not all bad.

I suppose you've disposed of the bodys by now, had they upset you they still be suffering.

:scared:

Sweaty Betty leggings hey? very swanky!       is there a hook to hang your katana from?

2 minutes ago, BestBefore1989 said:

I suppose you've disposed of the bodys by now, had they upset you they still be suffering.

:scared:

Sweaty Betty leggings hey? very swanky!       is there a hook to hang your katana from?

:lol::lol:......that made me larrrf like a drain....and YES! They are currently upside down in the fire buckets, hahaa....

I've never had sweaty Betty's before,  feel like I'm scared to muck them up! Durrrr....

Thursday I did 40 min on the cross trainer and 20 min stretching.

This morning I weighted in at 211.6 lbs so I'm happy that my diet is getting under control.

I can see already that my new job is going to be time demanding so I am changing my training plans.  I shall do a 4 day split for resistance work, working out Saturday, Sunday, and keeping Monday and Friday as rest days that gives me flexibility, I could work out Tue & Wed, or Tue & Thur or Wed & Thur.

My first day in the gym for 2 weeks so I took it easy.

15 min warm up on the bike and some mobility work then 7 sets of deadlifts building up to  170Kg for 8 reps.

I seem to loose my fitness faster than I loose my strength as I was puffing after that. 

Todays little workout was;

Face pulls 2 sets of 30 reps

Bench Press 7 sets working up to 85 Kg at 10 reps

Skull Crushers 2 sets of 10 reps

Hammer curls 2 sets of 10 reps

I'm planning to do some cardio on Monday and to lift again on Tuesday.

I had planned to train yesterday but it didn't happen!

Tonight's workout, still easing myself back into training was just 6 sets of squats working my way up to 122 Kg.

LOL the warm up and mobility exercises took longer than the lifting did.