Sign in to follow this  
Lethagized

Best food planner / Calaroie counter?

So i've tried Fitday and the maximuscle planners, but non of them are ideal for what i want in a planner. Fit day is nearly there, but there is no option to add separate meals to the same day. It only lets you add food items on the same day. I want it split into breakfast, lunch, dinner etc.

The maximuscle planner gets this right. You can add a plan for breakfast, then add a plan for lunch, then dinner and so on, but the measurements are in grams. Ideally i want the layout of the Fitday planner such as 'small, medium and large banana' instead of x amount of grams of banana, if you know what i mean.

Is there such a planner?

[EDIT] This is all sorted now. I'm using the Fitday desktop version and i can add my 6 separate meals per day. Pitty the online version doesn't do this!

Edited by Lethagized

Is there one where you can create a personal food list and drag and drop?

There is a list of foods you have recents, favourites etc so regular foods and recent ones are easy to find on MFP but I use the website not just the phone app (though that is great too).

You can create a custom food list on fitday but not a meal by meal. It wouldbe great ifyou could also copy from one day to the next as lots of my meals are the same every day. Can you do this on the desktop version as it would speed thing up a lot. Also is the desktop version free ?

I have the same problem. Wanted to just have the same 'skeleton' meal plan and be able to copy it across the whole week then just delete and replace certain foods to see how it changed the macros, kcals etc.

desktop Myfitnesspal is still free. And the 'recent' tab allows you to just tick yesterdays foods and add them... or if they're in your favourites.

I'll have to log back in and have a go.

On Myfitnesspal is there an easy way to see your 'food list'? As I had to scroll back to Sept 1st (the day I first in-putted them) - having to constantly scroll back the days could get a bit tedious as the days go on. Note: I'm using the internet version on my laptop not the i-phone or whatever.

I don't have to scroll back.. what are you looking for a food you ate yesterday for instance?

If you click track food for today, there are tabs come up:

click add food for the relevant meal.

then you'll see tabs:

Most Used

Recent

My foods etc..

Favourites will compile into a list of your frequent foods, you can delete any you don't want off there.

Then the Recent if you click it works backwards from the foods you've listed most recently. Look to the bottom there are numbers of pages you can scroll back if need be.

If you click the food you want, the serving size and enter it that way.. no scrolling through the days.

Hope this helps..

I don't have to scroll back.. what are you looking for a food you ate yesterday for instance?

If you click track food for today, there are tabs come up:

click add food for the relevant meal.

then you'll see tabs:

Most Used

Recent

My foods etc..

Favourites will compile into a list of your frequent foods, you can delete any you don't want off there.

Then the Recent if you click it works backwards from the foods you've listed most recently. Look to the bottom there are numbers of pages you can scroll back if need be.

If you click the food you want, the serving size and enter it that way.. no scrolling through the days.

Hope this helps..

No I was trying to create a general food list of things I eat which would remain there (like a My Food Database) and not just for a specific day or date. The hope was that I could use this list and then drag and drop when required. But after clicking on all the tabs and menus it seems it's not possible to do this on Myfitnesspal.

No I was trying to create a general food list of things I eat which would remain there (like a My Food Database) and not just for a specific day or date. The hope was that I could use this list and then drag and drop when required. But after clicking on all the tabs and menus it seems it's not possible to do this on Myfitnesspal.

Once you've input a meal you can save it on my fitness pal. So if you have 10 meals exactly the same each week they're easy to find