Sign in to follow this  
retro-mental

Hip squats for legs over squats ?

Hey guys and gals,

I am going to chuck out squats and do hip squats instead and before i get verbally assulted and told to sort it the funk out

I have popped 4 discs in my back and cannot bare any weight going down on my spine BUT i really nead to chuck in some leg work to my routine. Have read that hip squats are an old time long forgotten practise where men used to lift elephants on platforms with a belt around the waist and the weight hung between the legs

Anyone done, heard, seen or anything else to do with hip squats on here ?

I have recently started to do leg press with stiff leg/Romanian deadlift from knees instead of squats, I'm forty not ever gonna compete in a powerlifting meet week in week out I have squatted happy with results over the years but at 40 I am now thinking long term and 200kg+ on me back week in week out nah.

I have recently started to do leg press with stiff leg/Romanian deadlift from knees instead of squats, I'm forty not ever gonna compete in a powerlifting meet week in week out I have squatted happy with results over the years but at 40 I am now thinking long term and 200kg+ on me back week in week out nah.

I was only squatting 140kg. I am a home gym user and never got the advise on correct form so what with my dog yanking me to the side then squatting with bad form on an injury i funked my back up, I cant do any deadlifts at the mo due to my back but i may give one legged squats a go with dumbells